Go Back   Cigar Forums > Cigar Forums > Cigars


Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tonygraz
  • 1 Post By tonygraz

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,183
How many cigars is enough ?

I'm guessing that I have around 2000 cigars and I think that that's way too much to keep in stock. I can't find some cigars that I've looked for and it wastes a lot of time to check all the humidors. Right now I'm smoking mostly work cigars and keeping the good ones until my taste comes back. How many do you feel is a good amount to have on hand ?
__________________
Cigars to ashes, ashes to dust,
No matter the cost, smoke we must.
tonygraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Bikeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Canada, eh?
Posts: 2,603
(In the spirit of Big Paintbrush) I have the solution for this problem. I will PM my addie, and you can send me a couple hundred assorted cigars.
__________________
"No compromise with the main purpose, no peace till victory, no pact with unrepentant wrong." - Winston Churchill
Bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,183
You darn Canadians are so nice and always willing to help.
09ChallengerDad likes this.
__________________
Cigars to ashes, ashes to dust,
No matter the cost, smoke we must.
tonygraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
Site Moderator
 
Dustinl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somewhere down in Texas
Posts: 1,647
I usually have an inventory of over a thousand. I think I'm around 850 right now. I like having the variety when I open up the humidor.



DL
__________________
"This car is 100% deathproof. Only to get the benefit of it honey, you really need to be sitting in my place."

Seven days without beef makes one weak.
Dustinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Bikeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Canada, eh?
Posts: 2,603
Originally Posted by tonygraz View Post
You darn Canadians are so nice and always willing to help.

That is why we are here brother. And to answer your original question, I try to keep about 150 to 200 cigars on hand at any given time. Just enough to let some rest a bit, but not so many that you lose track. I also have two spreadsheets that keep track of what I have on hand, and what I have smoked.
__________________
"No compromise with the main purpose, no peace till victory, no pact with unrepentant wrong." - Winston Churchill
Bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,183
I also have a spreadsheet which I should have started when I had a Commodore computer. One thing lacking is a location in which the cigars are stored. Now if I sent you those 200 cigars, you might also start losing track of where they were and you would probably have to set up another humidor. I couldn't do that to a brother of the leaf.
__________________
Cigars to ashes, ashes to dust,
No matter the cost, smoke we must.
tonygraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Bikeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Canada, eh?
Posts: 2,603
Originally Posted by tonygraz View Post
I also have a spreadsheet which I should have started when I had a Commodore computer. One thing lacking is a location in which the cigars are stored. Now if I sent you those 200 cigars, you might also start losing track of where they were and you would probably have to set up another humidor. I couldn't do that to a brother of the leaf.
HA HA HA!! Thats a problem I would like to have. I would have to get out my big ass storage box, but it would be fun smoking through them all.
__________________
"No compromise with the main purpose, no peace till victory, no pact with unrepentant wrong." - Winston Churchill
Bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
Site Moderator
 
Dustinl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somewhere down in Texas
Posts: 1,647
What should you do? You should go to a forum that discusses the benefits of quitting cigarette smoking. Here, let me help you with that.


DL
__________________
"This car is 100% deathproof. Only to get the benefit of it honey, you really need to be sitting in my place."

Seven days without beef makes one weak.
Dustinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Bikeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Canada, eh?
Posts: 2,603
Whaaaat??
__________________
"No compromise with the main purpose, no peace till victory, no pact with unrepentant wrong." - Winston Churchill
Bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
Site Moderator
 
Dustinl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somewhere down in Texas
Posts: 1,647
LOL sorry Gord, that wasn't directed at you.


DL
__________________
"This car is 100% deathproof. Only to get the benefit of it honey, you really need to be sitting in my place."

Seven days without beef makes one weak.
Dustinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,183
The discussion was about how many you have on hand. You should post an introduction of yourself before posting much.
PaytonHopp likes this.
__________________
Cigars to ashes, ashes to dust,
No matter the cost, smoke we must.
tonygraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 56
Idk... I only do about 2 a week sometimes more sometimes less. I have about 120 on hand. Order up when I'm about 75, but the goodies I do let sit for a year or more. Got 3, 8 year old Siglo VI's calling my name!
sy7vester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Threecats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Jacksonville, TX
Posts: 19
My max has been about 60 and I thought that was a lot before reading these posts! Now that I know I am a lightweight I'll light one up to squelch my humility
Threecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 8
How many cigars is enough ?

Originally Posted by tonygraz View Post
I'm guessing that I have around 2000 cigars and I think that that's way too much to keep in stock. I can't find some cigars that I've looked for and it wastes a lot of time to check all the humidors. Right now I'm smoking mostly work cigars and keeping the good ones until my taste comes back. How many do you feel is a good amount to have on hand ?
I did not understand it. 2000 cigar you have stock. but is it per day or per month ?

Usually i think per month 2000 cigar is so much bad habit.. it may be affected you.
PaytonHopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:37 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 159 Knobvue Drive Freedom Pa 15042 Da Burgh, HOME of the 5 time Super Bowl Champs
Posts: 2,684
How many is enough? , a long asked question that cant be answered , for some a small humidor with 10 or 12 sticks will be just what the doctor ordered, How ever that is just an average day for some of us , , I haven't counted sticks in ages , with 17 desk top humidors here at home , & 1 floor sized 300 count box, not all of them are FULL, but I have been at this a LONG time there is a walk in humidor at work with about 200K in retail value& I am "comfortable with that ! , But I might just get a big break & with my tax return I might buy more cigars, looks like I am getting a big check form unlce sam this year, a grand total of $67.00 yea baby , , that is SIXTY SEVEN BIG BUCKS , I might just get a bottle of semi good scotch & be done with it hahahaha
Enjoy, Vince
__________________
Enjoy, Vince

Pass the gravy please

GO NAVY

Home of the 6 (yes SIX )time super bowl champions
vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 29
I'm currently at my peak so far - about 400 cigars (no dog-rockets in the lot). I tend to buy more in the winter (when I have some extra $$$ and can't smoke as much/often) and let them rest a bit. Then, when summer comes and there's occasion to smoke, or the track is open, I have whatever I want to take with me - aged (and not pay "through the nose" for young sticks at the vendors' stand at the track).
09ChallengerDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CA
Posts: 7
How many cigars is enough ?

Originally Posted by vince View Post
How many is enough? , a long asked question that cant be answered , for some a small humidor with 10 or 12 sticks will be just what the doctor ordered, How ever that is just an average day for some of us , , I haven't counted sticks in ages , with 17 desk top humidors here at home , & 1 floor sized 300 count box, not all of them are FULL, but I have been at this a LONG time there is a walk in humidor at work with about 200K in retail value& I am "comfortable with that ! , But I might just get a big break & with my tax return I might buy more cigars, looks like I am getting a big check form unlce sam this year, a grand total of $67.00 yea baby , , that is SIXTY SEVEN BIG BUCKS , I might just get a bottle of semi good scotch & be done with it hahahaha
Enjoy, Vince
saki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Cigar Forums > Cigar Forums > Cigars

Tags
cigars



Thread Tools
Display Modes