1st Box of Smokes

Joined May 2007
77 Posts | 0+
New Jersey
I finally got my first whole box of cigars :D a box of RP fire maduros. As i am taking them out of the celo so they can age a bit for the spring i noticed online in one that there was a hole in the wrapper not going past the binder just in the wrapper it looked like a bite whole from a bug....should i be worried I got 300 bucks of sticks in my humi

-Mike

How big is the hole? Can you put up a picture?

the size of a pin head maybe a bit smaller cant post any pics sorry

Is it the only one with a hole? Smoke it.....

thats what i was planning... seemed harmless gives me a chance to try them out too =) maybe i will go out for a late night smoke.....spending the night logging a tape for class tomorrow

usually the beatles will go through the wrapper, binder, filler, cellophane.

if there is a tiny hole in the wrapper only there is a good chance that is a bug hole FROM THE FIELDS. somehow it made it past inspection.

RP (im sure) does something to take care of beatles. (fumigation, freezing... ) almost all higher end cigar makers do. i wouldnt worry at all.

Actually, the best thing you can do is get outside verification.
Preferably from an expert in the field. PM me for my mailing address and I will be more than happy to conduct the "smoke test" for bugs in the cigar. A definitive answer will put your mind ant ease, and there is no charge for the service!