1st Day back to work

Joined Feb 2006
628 Posts | 0+
Rock Hill, SC
As some of you know, I got canned at my last job on June 14 (the short story is that the company went bankrupt). I was hired at Continental Tire in the corporate HQ and started on Tuesday. I think the new position will be a challenge, but I am really excited to get back to work! Anyway , thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement and cigar contributions over the last 2 months. Now, I can get my inventory back up. I am heading to my local shop this weekend to treat myself to a Birthday present.

Thanks guys,

Chip

Congratulations on the new job! Glad everything worked out for you :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new job, I start my new job , 1 sept. , , , Opening a new cigar shop in Monaca Pa , about 30 miles NW of da burgh !

All Right!
Great news for you!
Conti makes some very good tires too....say, we get a BOTL discount??

Good luck with the new job (AND the new sticks!)

vince said:
Congrats on the new job, I start my new job , 1 sept. , , , Opening a new cigar shop in Monaca Pa , about 30 miles NW of da burgh !

Vince, congratulations and good luck with the shop!

I see a location for a potential Amback get-together in the near future!!

Congratulations on the job, hammondc, I think we all knew you'd land on your feet.

And Vince! If you see a bright red F-150 pull up one day with Texas plates, treat the hairy old bastard driving it right! Yeah, that'll be me.

Woohooooo! 1st week down. Start SAP training on Monday.

Congrats on the new income generator!!!! :D

I was just layed off on June 16th as well. Re-org they say. Sounds like they are loosing the guys that missed the cut anyway, hahahaha, they quit.

Anywho, I was furtunate enought to have many connections in the industry, that they all put good words in and I had many offers within a few weeks. I was terrified there for a bit. Never been let go for any reason so I didn't know when the next check was coming in. I always was able to make a change on my terms. My point is I know how you feel.....I was worried I was gonna hafta buy some swishers or White owls :shock:

Glad it al worked out for you. Have fun at training :eek: