2018: Sunday Morning Smoke

Feb 21, 2004
159 Knobvue Drive Freedom Pa 15042
Good morning , it is Sunday 9/9/18 a Chilly wet day here in da Burgh , the weatherman told us to expect 3 to 6 inches of rain in the next 48 hours , after we just had about an inch in the last 24 hours , it is wet, and chilly just 55 F today on Friday we had the a c on , it was 85 , Saturday I had the heater on in the Qtr,Deck as it was a high of 61 , the road crew has been on standby as the wet weather has halted the paving /rebuilding of the road , the sign at the cornor said no pavement markings , dammmmm there is NO pavement Yet , its been like this over a week .
Breakfast this morning was a Hot pepper cheese omelet with sliced tomato right out of the garden , the coffee was a Java Jam from the local roaster in New Brighton Pa , a nice way to start the day , I am going to brew up a nice dark Italian roast for the next pot , the Kona would be to mild for a day like today , I will be going out to the Qtr.deck and getting the heat on as soon as I am done posting , the cigar will be a Monte Classic churchill , after no idea what I will be fireing up ,,,

I went to work on Labor day , I didnt do a lot as there was little to do , but it was a nice day for cigars and coffee while getting paid to do nothing ,,,, my kind of day , good for me bad for the company ......

not much going on , no news from the grandsons , both are working a lot of hours , no time for the old folks .
the customary hunk O beef is in the oven , along with onions peppers garlic and celery , the potatoes will go in the pot about 1:30/2:00
Pm .
Last night we had Hot sausage sandwiches , with peppers and onions . been lighting up the room with gas all evening and a little more this morning , , man it was some powerfull stuff , my nose was running right after the first bite , the Peppers were HOT .

I think I better get going, get the heat on in the Qtr.Deck , and put on some pants today , to cold for shorts

What are you cooking smoking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Feb 21, 2004
Good morning /afternoon now , got a late start, it is Sunday 9/16/18 a warm humid day here in da Burgh , looking at the low 80's for a high with humidity in the uncomfortable area.
The paving of Lovi road is over , the new asphalt went down yesterday , the stone still needs to be dropped on the edges , right now we have a 4 inch bump getting in and out , BUT the DUST is gone...
AMEN
breakfast this morning was bacon and eggs with fresh cheese , sliced and grilled and a little blackberry jam on the toast, the coffee was Purivian , and the morning cigar was a monte Classic , with the end of the Purivian coffee , the next pot is a cold brew Columbian AA , no kona today , and the second cigar will be an aging room churchill when I get to it , I have some pork chops defrosting and they will get a nice breading and fried later with some baked yukon gold potatoes with onions and sour cream.

The grandsons are both using the wives car this week as both of there cars are in for state inspections oil changes and all the rest of the burocrattic BS the state of Pa. has in store for all of us here, 95% of it is BS

I did have a fender bender at work on tuesday , a bit sore , brused and tender , , but the air bag went off and hit me in the face , got a bloody nose , and a few scrapes , took the shock of the impact in the wrists and right up the shoulders , the neck and back still are tender
, and that about sums up my week, got a few great cigars in when I was watching the work on the road, ate a lot of dust , till I got smart and came in the house , DUHHHHH , the grass got cut , and I enjoyed a cigar watching the wife cut it . hahahaha
What are you eating drinking and smoking this week ??
Enjoy, Vince

Feb 21, 2004
Good Morning , it is Sunday 9/23/18 the first sunday of the Autumn season , a cool morning here in da Burgh , just 58 F now with a prediction of 70 F for the day .
The road has been resurfaced , painted and deamed open , still a few Guide rails need finished in a few spots but the road is back open, for now , I still have a big pit in the cornor of my yard where the under the road drain is located, , it will need lined with stone soon, it is full of water and I dont want a nesting area for bugs , come next summer .
Since I had my fender bender last week my boss has decided I am more of a libility than an asset , so I was told to turn in my uniforms and keys , ,,,, 2 days a week is not worth the trouble of fighting it , so I will just say I had a good time there and move on .

I made a breakfast sandwich for the boss and my self this morning , a grilled English Muffin , with swiss , egg, bacon and tomato. a pot of coffee and the bag the beans were in said Burinidi, no country , no roasting or grinding notes , dont know where it came from , or how long its been here , , just enough to make a 10 cup pot ..... it was good , but not great, , I have some medium roast Columbian in the drip pot right now , it will get paired with a Don Carlos #3 , my go to Sunday Morning smoke , , well its just afternoon now , didnt get a good start to the day , 007 marathon is on the tube, watching Die an other day ,,,, for about the 20th time .

My grandson is using my wifes car and has had it over a week , some thing wrong with his car , but I have no idea what it is ...... but it needs to come back so she is free to go to her bible study this Tuesday, she didnt want to take my car as it smells like cigars , Imagine that hahaha
I have a 4 .25 pound turkey breast defrosted and ready to stuff , it will go in the oven anot 1:30/1:45 or so , that gives me some time to make the stuffing and the yams .

looks like I have some time for more coffee and a cigar before I start to cook ..... what are you cooking drinking and smoking ??

Enjoy, Vince

Feb 21, 2004
Good morning , it is Sunday 9/30/18 a cool overcast day here in da Burgh .
The Grandson brought back the wife's car , his is out of the shop and back on the road , it came back clean and with 3/4 of a tank of gas , she is happy to have her car back in the drive way , but now the drive way looks much smaller since there are 2 cars in it side by side , with just my car in the center it looked a lot bigger hahahah , the stink bugs have been out in force, I have sprayed almost everything , and it seams to be working as I go out to get the paper I see tons of dead bugs on the back deck , , I just wonder what it is doing to me and the rest of the enviorment, never thought of the impact of bug spray or weed killer but it is so much in the news its hard to over look. , the TV is just full of political BULLSHIT , extream left and right , no one is in the center anymore , we dont need R and D we need AMERICANS . end of political rant .
Breakfast was a yellow pepper , Vidallia Onion , Jarlsburg cheese and crushed garlic scrambled eggs with a pot of Margoheppie coffee and dark wheat whole grain toast with added wheat unground , added to the bread dough before baking , a real supprise when you bite into a grain .... I havent thought about what pot will be next , got to check the inventory , and the cigar stash and see what will be the choice this morning .
the cool weather has returned and the oven is on today , the hunk O beef of sitting in the cast iron dutch oven , swimming with peppers, onion, celery, carrots and garlic , the spuds will go in later today . I will be baking cod in a crust with spinich and fetta cheese , on Monday , I was going to make it today but out of habbit I pulled a chuck roast out of the frezer last night , so we will have fish on Monday, ,,, we didnt have fish last friday , the Greek Church in Aliquippa was having a food fest , so I went and got over 60 bucks worth of GREAT dishes and a few deserts , cant spell them so I am not going to try , ,,,, egg plant and grape leavers were on the top of my list and I loaded up on them , I did get almost everything on the menu , but left out the spinich pie , as we had spinich in the fridge for the fish, , almost spent as much on the sweets as I did the savory stuff....
we went to Charbucks for coffee last night and a little drive with Cousin Brucie on the radio , the 60's on 6 , I do enjoy the XM radio , , great Jazz, classical , and oldies , , you name the style of music , its there and some BS I dont call music plus, lots of sports and talk shows weather and traffic from all over . who cares about the traffic in LA unless you live in LA , then you all ready know the freeway is jammed bumper to bumper.

so what are you drinking cooking and smoking today ???

Enjoy, Vince

Feb 21, 2004
Good morning it is Sunday 10/7/18 a warm humid day here in da Burgh , more like August than October , not much going on here , just sitting on the back deck smoking , drinking coffee and sipping a weee dram or 2 , listening to some music at time and other times listening to the traffic , airplanes and power mowers in the area .
Breakfast was a Pepper and sausage roll with an egg and swiss , and a pot of Puruvian estate coffee , and an almond , aparcot biscutti,

Nothing new here at all , just the same old BS recycled again , how ever , I am making cod in Phillio dough with spinich and fetta cheese later today , , I didnt want to turn on the oven as it is going into the 80's today but the spinich will go bad before the weather cools down enough to fire up the oven , well I guess its time to turn the A/C back on.
I have a pot of Nicaraguan medium roast ground supper fine , in the cold press pot , How it got ground to a powder is beyond me , , it will be filtered before it goes in the mug with today's Opus toro ..... after the fish and a little Ouzo , I have a nice Montie ISOM corona and some Greek coffee ..... time to change the coffee line up for fall.....
Thats about all I have today , ,

so what are you drinking smoking and cooking today ????
Enjoy, Vince

Feb 21, 2004
Good morning it is Sunday 10/14/18 a chilly but bright day here in da Burgh all of 48F outside , But the heat in the Qtr.Deck is on and I have a few cigars ready to go , the coffee is on and I am ready for the day, the HUNK O BEEF is in the oven with all the veggies , the spuds will go in about 1/1:30 , and we should be ready to eat about 4. , Since its getting a little chilly out the boss wanted Oatmeal for breakfast, and she got it with raisins ...... , the coffee this morning was a pot of Columbian Suprimo from the local coffee roaster in New Brighton Pa , Hallowed Grounds .... a great place to get whole bean coffee , but they will grind it for you , I like to grind myself , ,,, get a Burr Grinder not the spinning blade type, , its worth the extra money , go ahead and treat yourself , as I am getting older I find myself not roasting as much of my own coffee anymore ,,,, just getting lazy I guess, hahaha no guess I am a lazy SOB. hahaha
Not much going on , the grandsons are busy with life , my daughter and son in law just got back from Jamacia , , but there bags are lost along with all the coffee and cigars they brought back , I think the TSA/ customs , has the bags as they probably reeked of pot hahahaha .
AHHHH retirement, dont think I can do it much longer, need to get out of the house , away from the Boss a few hours we seam to be in each others way , she needs her space & I need mine ..... time for some soul searching and a cigar hahahaha
so what are you cooking and drinking , and smoking today ???? Enjoy, Vince