2018: Sunday Morning Smoke

Feb 21, 2004
159 Knobvue Drive Freedom Pa 15042
Good morning , it is Sunday 9/9/18 a Chilly wet day here in da Burgh , the weatherman told us to expect 3 to 6 inches of rain in the next 48 hours , after we just had about an inch in the last 24 hours , it is wet, and chilly just 55 F today on Friday we had the a c on , it was 85 , Saturday I had the heater on in the Qtr,Deck as it was a high of 61 , the road crew has been on standby as the wet weather has halted the paving /rebuilding of the road , the sign at the cornor said no pavement markings , dammmmm there is NO pavement Yet , its been like this over a week .
Breakfast this morning was a Hot pepper cheese omelet with sliced tomato right out of the garden , the coffee was a Java Jam from the local roaster in New Brighton Pa , a nice way to start the day , I am going to brew up a nice dark Italian roast for the next pot , the Kona would be to mild for a day like today , I will be going out to the Qtr.deck and getting the heat on as soon as I am done posting , the cigar will be a Monte Classic churchill , after no idea what I will be fireing up ,,,

I went to work on Labor day , I didnt do a lot as there was little to do , but it was a nice day for cigars and coffee while getting paid to do nothing ,,,, my kind of day , good for me bad for the company ......

not much going on , no news from the grandsons , both are working a lot of hours , no time for the old folks .
the customary hunk O beef is in the oven , along with onions peppers garlic and celery , the potatoes will go in the pot about 1:30/2:00
Pm .
Last night we had Hot sausage sandwiches , with peppers and onions . been lighting up the room with gas all evening and a little more this morning , , man it was some powerfull stuff , my nose was running right after the first bite , the Peppers were HOT .

I think I better get going, get the heat on in the Qtr.Deck , and put on some pants today , to cold for shorts

What are you cooking smoking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Feb 21, 2004
159 Knobvue Drive Freedom Pa 15042
Good morning /afternoon now , got a late start, it is Sunday 9/16/18 a warm humid day here in da Burgh , looking at the low 80's for a high with humidity in the uncomfortable area.
The paving of Lovi road is over , the new asphalt went down yesterday , the stone still needs to be dropped on the edges , right now we have a 4 inch bump getting in and out , BUT the DUST is gone...
AMEN
breakfast this morning was bacon and eggs with fresh cheese , sliced and grilled and a little blackberry jam on the toast, the coffee was Purivian , and the morning cigar was a monte Classic , with the end of the Purivian coffee , the next pot is a cold brew Columbian AA , no kona today , and the second cigar will be an aging room churchill when I get to it , I have some pork chops defrosting and they will get a nice breading and fried later with some baked yukon gold potatoes with onions and sour cream.

The grandsons are both using the wives car this week as both of there cars are in for state inspections oil changes and all the rest of the burocrattic BS the state of Pa. has in store for all of us here, 95% of it is BS

I did have a fender bender at work on tuesday , a bit sore , brused and tender , , but the air bag went off and hit me in the face , got a bloody nose , and a few scrapes , took the shock of the impact in the wrists and right up the shoulders , the neck and back still are tender
, and that about sums up my week, got a few great cigars in when I was watching the work on the road, ate a lot of dust , till I got smart and came in the house , DUHHHHH , the grass got cut , and I enjoyed a cigar watching the wife cut it . hahahaha
What are you eating drinking and smoking this week ??
Enjoy, Vince