2018: Sunday Morning Smoke

Feb 21, 2004
159 Knobvue Drive Freedom Pa 15042
Good evening it is Friday 1/18/19 a chilly wet evening here in da Burgh
I went to the dentist on Thursday had a few pulled and a temporary bridge put in , when I got up this morning , before I had coffee or anything I rinsed my mouth out with warm water , and a hunk of the bridge came out , the last 3 three on the right side , it sort of freeked me out , I called the office and was told to wait till monday, well that didnt go well with me , I paid BIG Bucks IN Cash , and it was not sitting well with me to be put off, dont you have a back up for the regular dentist for an emergency ? sorry was the answer no one is available till monday ,,,, well this group has 5 different offices in the Pittsburgh area , and NO ONE is available untill monday, mind you this is before 11 AM on Friday , sorry no one till monday, , so I guess I need to call a different dentist office and pay them to fix your mistake ,,,, scilence from the poor girl on the other end , she was just a clerk answering the phone , I told her to call some on with DDS ant the end of there name and have them calle back , she did agree to that ,,,, I got the office manager not a DDS calling back in a few minutes ,,, nothing till monday , Now I am getting a little short tempered, and have a gaping hole in my jaw where the temp broke off , Im sucking air into an open wound , I tell he I NEED a doc to call me and meet me at the office , sorry not till monday no one is available , I tell them I am heading to the ER and then to the next person on my list is my Lawyer ..... PLEASE dont do that , I will get some one to call you back asap..... I take a pain pill and go to sleep at 4PM the phone rings its the Dentist , she will meet me at the office in 15 minutes , I am sound asleep with the help of some oxycodon , I live about 15 minutes from the office with out any traffic , and its now 4 PM and all the traffic is getting heavy and the road I would take is closed due to construction so I have a detour with all the other traffic, , we get there she is waiting , , gets me in the chair gets the gas on , and starts to fix whats broken , about an hour or so I am heading home , it was a rotten day all round , , soft scrambled eggs and pudding are all I am able to get in my mouth , , it hurts to chew the eggs , so I am sticking to the pudding ,,,, NO CIGARS for a few days , but coffee is allowed, but no scotch with the Oxy .... dammmmm

Feb 21, 2004
Good afternoon , it is Sunday 1/20/19 a COLD snow covered day here in da Burgh , I am about 20 miles NW of Pittsburgh and we were spared by the BIG snow , we got rain until after midnight last night and when I went to bed it was 35F so the snow didnt start till early this morning , the weatherman said were were going to get about 14 inches , we got less than 5 the rain was some sort of the blessing as you dont need to shovel it but it froze under the snow and everything is covered with ice , the temp right now is only 18F , going down to between 0 and 5 F tonight , , glad I dont need to go out for anything today , . I havent had a cigar since Wensday eve. I had a bunch of teeth pulled on thursday afternoon and a tempory plate put in , , right now I am still having some pain but am trying to get some solid food in , , eggs and tofu was breakfast with coffee and fresh squeezed OJ , the Boss had toast and eggs , no tofu , she isnt a fan , I will be making Ravalli with sauce later today , I should be able to chew that .
I have been able to sip a lot of coffee but no scotch , not a good mix with the pain pills ,,,,, Hummmm maybe I should before bed tonight .... . I have been sleeping a lot since thursday , I was at the dentist office from 1 till after 7 , sound a sleep most of the time , ahhhhh great medication.... , I need to go back on the 30th or the 31 st of the month for more work , I do have a few stiches hanging in the back , gives my tongue some thing to play with hahahaha.

My last cigar was an Opus X toro , I washed it down with a snifter of 16 YO Laugavullin , I thought I might as well go top shelf as it will be a few days before my next cigar , and as Cold as it is here today , even if I could have a cigar , its just way to cold to heat the Qtr.Deck , I could go to the local Tavern but then I would need to shovel the drive way and warm up the car, well I dont need to do that if I just sit on my ass and let God remove the snow , he put it there , I have nothing to do so I will let him remove it , the weather man said by Wendsday it will be in the 40's , so I will just wait hahahahaha .

the Sun is out and the wind is from the SW , its still under 20F but a great looking day
so what are you cooking smoking and drinking today ! ??????
Enjoy, Vince

Feb 21, 2004
Good afternoon it is Sunday 1/27/19 a Cold over cast day here in da Burgh , we have a few inches of snow on the ground but the road crew has the salt and plow trucks out and the roads are in fine shape , not much going on , I havent been out much all week , yesterday I did attend the NOG And Grog at Allegheny Smoke Works in Blawnox Pa , it is about 35 miles from me , but it was nice to get out and see some old friends , the NOG ( egg nog) and Grog ( Booze ) is an event that has become the kick off to the cigar crawl , in the past it was a time to make a deposit on the upcoming festivitys , sort of a way to make sure you get a seat on the bus , How ever , after 20 years of running the crawl Rob has retired and turned the event over to his helpers over the past few years, and they were NO Shows at the nog and grog so I was not able to make my down payment , , that was the only reason I went to Blawnox , since I am not smoking at this time , , I had orders from the Boss , No cigars till the Dentist tells me its ok , I go back this coming Thursday , the Tempory plate is a bit painfull yet I sure hope the next step helps this , I am able to eat almost everything I have tryed so far , I do want to bite into a nice hunk of Porterhouse or a rib steak , but right now I dont think I could without a lot of pain , so today I have Cod that will be baked in Phiollo dough with spinich and Feta cheese.
Yesterday was a busy day here , beside going to ASW it was one of the nephews 30th birthday , so we went to his place for a little hot sausage , meatball sandwiches and a great hunk of cake , the cake was a layer of cheesecake between 2 layers of scratch made Strawberry cake , covered with a whipped cream icing . just GREAT Not over sweet , but just enough to satisfy the sweet tooth .

Breakfast was Oatmeal with raisins for the boss , I passed on the raisins , but I did put a few drops of Maple syrup in mine ..... NO Cigars , but I have stopped taking the Pain Meds , it still hurts a bit but I dont see any difference when I take the meds and when I dont , it is still tender , and if they dont help why should I even bother with them ?
The youngest grandson who just turned 21 was here to set up Barbs New I Pad , she has been using her Android 32 GB tablet and has been having problems with it for the past few months , so now she has a 128 GB I pad and is getting used to it ...... switching from android to apple based is going well for her so far .

I guess thats about all I have today , I hope to have a cigar ASAP , but I will listen to the dentist and the boss ....
What are you cooking smoking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Feb 21, 2004
Good afternoon it is Sunday 2/3/19 a warm sunny day here in da Burgh , last week we hit a MINUS 25 F today its 50 f a difference of 75 Degrees ,,,, ahhh yes Global warming my ass ....
its been a quiet week here I went back to the dentist on Thursday , got a new temp on top , and an adjustment on the bottom partial , dont go back till next month for the perminate No cigars since I had all the teeth pulled my o my , I was driving the boss crazy, but I was able to start back up after we left the dentist on Thursday , and Friday I had a few ans Saturday I went to the Qtr.Deck for the first time in 18 days , 3 cigars and a few drams of scotch a pot of coffee and a lot of Jazz on the CD player .
Breakfast this morning was a toasted breakfast sandwich, , egg , swiss ,bacon and roasted peppers , washed down with a pot of Ethopian estate coffee , right now I have a pot of columbian AA and a Cameroon Fuente churchill working in the Qtr.Deck , and since its Sunday I had a nice hunk O Chuck with potatoes, onions , Garlic,carrots and celery , the boss was happy .
so its stupid bowl sunday , BIG deal , I havent watched an entire game all season if you added all the minutes of foot ball I watched , I bet 75% was on the news.... just dont get excited about it any more .
well its getting late and I have a lot of cigar to finish and a lot of coffee to drink , Enjoy, Vince
What are you smoking cooking and drinking today ?

Feb 21, 2004
Good morning it is Sunday 2/10/19 a cold but bright sunny day here in da Burgh , we are expecting snow today about 4 PM , but right now it is just a great looking day but COLD 17 F ... BURRRRR
Last Friday at 10 PM #2 grandson started a new part time job with Victus radio .com an internet radio station out of Chicago but his studio is here in his home , its all done on the internet , he can take requests and get emails when he is on the air or I guess on the net , ,,, it was a 3 hour music show , I did make it first the first 2 hours ,,, he payed some stuff I liked and a lot of stuff I have never ever wanted to listen to ... but it was nice to hear his voice and all you need to listen is a computer , his show was about the upcoming Valentines day ... I dont know what Victus radio has in the way of music , I havent listened before last friday , one day I will check it out when he isnt on and see whats all going on .

We started the chilllllly day with Oatmeal and raisins and a BIG BOLD Mexican coffee , well it said big and bold on the package,,,,, not so much in the mug. it was good but could have been better . , I have a Hunk O beef as always , but today its not a chuck roast its a sirloin steak ,,,, it has been in the freezer a long time it just kept getting bypassed for some thing else , so today he hits the heat.
I have the Qtr.Deck heated up all ready & will be heading out with a Bahia gold Maduro and a mug of coffee asap , I havent checked the coffee inventory to see what the next pot will be , I am out of Kona dammmmm how did that happen ????
the new teeth are are a bit uncomfortable yet , I go back on the 5th of next month for a tweek on the bite , the partial plate ( just 5 Teeth ) on the bottom is the one giving me the most trouble the upper bridge is fine . I guess being this old its a natural way of life the ones I was born with just didnt last , like knees , hips and some internal organs that need meds to keep me going . Even my skin is starting to show signs of age , little bumps that never bothered me now turn black and blue , where did that come from , and a few joints in my hands are stiff , the snap , crackle and pop just like rice crispys , and I find I am using a lot of bandaids on my self, get an itch scratch it Bingo it starts to bleed .... being old isnt much fun but getting her was a BLAST . even the wife said she is feeling old , well the daughter is 46, the grandsons are 21 and 23 , we will be married 49 years this august , so I guess we are old , BUT I am still waiting the the wisdom that comes with age hahahahahaha , my attitude is that of a 12 year old , but my body asks if I am dead yet ! hahaha , Time for me to get going and fire up the cigar and start the coffee ,
so what are you cooking drinking and smoking today ?? Enjoy, Vince