2018: Sunday Morning Smoke

Feb 21, 2004
159 Knobvue Drive Freedom Pa 15042
Good morning , it is Sunday 6/2/19 a cool wet day here in da Burgh ,,,,, will it ever stop raining ? my yard is a swamp the road was resurfaced last summer and the contractor installed some drainage ditches under the road on the edge of my yard between my home the the field that the BIG angus McStud used to roam , I have lived here over 45 years and never had any runoff in the yard , now I have a 6 foot wide ditch all cut by the water running into my yard , I called the contractor , and the state , no action or even a reply from anyone , I think it might be time for a letter to the news paper , the work on the road distroyed a peach tree and damaged a crab apple tree , buried my garlic patch , and removed all the crocus flowers on the property line , I was told by the contractor when the work was going on that it would be taken care of and like so many polittions the words were with out meaning . all they did was plant some grass , no stone was added now I have a breading ground for bugs and a pool of stagnent water . the contractor told me they can only go 6 feet from the road bed , after that its on me BULLSHIT , I didnt have a water problem until you fixed the road . I can fix it by going to the other side of the road and plug up the pipe , keep all the water on that side of the road and let it wash out that side keeping my yard high and dry ,,,,, nothing that a big beach ball cant fix ! Jam that big SOB in the pipe cover it with leaves and I am DONE and dry .....

Breakfast this morning was a grilled cresent roll with hot pepper cheese ,tomato ,bacon and eggs , coffee was a blend of 3 Africian coffees , about equial parts of all 3 I dont know what they were off hand , now I am working on a pot of Kona , it is Sunday and the morning smoke will be a DC3 , but it will not be outside on the back deck it will be in side the Qtr Deck as todays high will be a chilly 69 F with 10 to 15 MPH NW wind , its like an October day .
Today would be a good day for a hunk O beef but I have some pork chops defrosting and they will be going on the grill later today , I dont know what I will be making to go with them , Im sure I will be able to find some thing to make .

with all the rain we have had a lot of power outages as trees fall into the wires and some times bring down the poles , the ground is moving , and the hills are answering the call of gravity . All the rain even has the birds messed up , we had a white dove crash into the side of the house , it must have been a pet as it had a band on one leg , the bird must have been evading a redtail hawk that lives across the road , after a few minutes it got going again but it didnt go very high , just a few feet off the ground when it went over the fence and vanished into the trees .

Friday night was a fine show from my grandson Jonas ( #2 ) Internet radio show he had so many requests he extending his play time almost an extra hour before returning to the autoplay computer . he was getting requests from England and the USA its Victusradio.com at 10:30 eastern time , , he has a little bit of everything on his play list , you can click on a song and request he pays it and it will fall in line with all the requests , he reads the dedication and plays the song , just like a regular radio station .

its about time for me to get my pants on and get started with the day hahahaha

What are you cooking , smoking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Feb 21, 2004
Good afternoon it is Sunday 6/9/19 a warm sunny day here in da Burgh , today my son in law turned 48 and we had a little suprise for him at the Eagles club in Ambridge Pa this morning , , by noon he was feeling the sweet bliss of Beer and Irish whisky ..... nothing like a morning BUZZZZ

breakfast was french toast and the coffee was a pot of Purivian Estate coffee , we left for the Eagles after that , so I didnt get my Kona or Don Carlos this morning , I just finished an Alec Bradly churchill , and will be grabbing something else soon , , I have the day off from cooking as the eagles had chicken and pasta so I lucked out on all fronts , I had planned on chicken and rice here at home but it will be on the menu for Monday , the chicken is defrosted so it will get cooked asap .

I am getting my 2 maple trees removed this comming week , I planted them when we moved here 40+ years ago one had a big spot of rot in the trunk and the boss is afraid the wind will drop it on the house so its comming down the other tree isnt as bad but since the guy will be here why come back in a year of 2 and do the second tree, so its comming down as well , sure going to miss the shade , but not the leaves in the fall and the seeds in the spring.... I was going to tap this this coming year ad see if we could get some syrup but they will be gone ....
Friday night my grandsons internet radio show went well you can listen in every friday at 10:30 eastern time to Victusradio.com , he has a request link on the home page and he plays a lot good stuff but way to much rap for me ,,,,, one is to many hahahaha

The older grandson has a new job with a soft ware company , I have no idea what he is doing but he understands it , and it came with a BIG pay raise , he had been at Bahama Breeze for A LONG TIME MAKING GREAT MONEY BUT THIS IS LESS HOURS LESS STRESS LESS (soirry about the caps I dont type well and I just looked up , must have hit the key by mistake ) and way more money , ,,, no nights or weekends .

not much else going on , I will be heading outside to fire up the next cigar , sip some coffee and watch the grass grow hahahaha What are you cookig drinking and smoking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Feb 21, 2004
Good morn9ing , Happy Fathers day to all you fathers out there , a warm but wet Sunday here in da Burgh, my yard is a swamp so no grass cutting this week , rain is predicted every day this week .....

Since it is Fathersday with a great daughter and grandsons I recieved a Humidor Filled with 3 bottles of Scotch , a 12 YO Dewers blend, a 13YO Craigellachie Single malt , I had an open one on the shelf so I have a back up now , & Aberfeldie Single malt , a very nice selection of scotch all packed in a nice humidor . NOW I need more cigars to fill it hahahaha , I think the youngest grandson will get one of my smaller humidors to make space for this new larger box that should hold 75 + sticks . I have less than 20 in it now, , I seasoned it Friday , thought it was for my son in law , then My daughter tells me its MINE , I was suprised .......

I had the 2 Maple trees in my yard cut down & all the logs went to my nephew , he heats His home with a wood burner , so he needs a lot of wood, he lives a bit close to the end of the electric grid , he had power but no gas service , so its heat with oil or propane , or electric , but all are a bit expencive , and with 4 kids and a mother in law living with him , money is a bit tight But since he has a "FEW" achers of Hard wood forest Wood is FREE , Just cut , and wait a year or 3 , and burn it , so I had 2 45+ year old trees that needed to come down , and he came to get the wood, when were were loading his truck and trailer , I pulled some thing in my low back , it sounded like dominios falling , snap click click click , and Pain , dammmmmm it hurts , going to the chiropractor this week !

Since I am in a lot of pain I didnt cook breakfast , we had a Butter rum muffin from the bakery and coffee, I have a rack of ribs slow cooking and will be done about 4 PM . A green salad on the side and thats about all I want .

This Mornings coffee is from Papa New Genie a very nice medium roast with a nice flavor and good body , it feels good in your mouth , a solid body that almost feels thick ,,,, I like it a lot , I might make a second pot to go with Fathers day OPUS X #77 a Box pressed torpedo that ends up round at the head ..... That will be after lunch .
Enjoy, Vince

Jul 25, 2017
Earth
Good morning , it is Sunday 6/2/19 a cool wet day here in da Burgh ,,,,, will it ever stop raining ? my yard is a swamp the road was resurfaced last summer and the contractor installed some drainage ditches under the road on the edge of my yard between my home the the field that the BIG angus McStud used to roam , I have lived here over 45 years and never had any runoff in the yard , now I have a 6 foot wide ditch all cut by the water running into my yard , I called the contractor , and the state , no action or even a reply from anyone , I think it might be time for a letter to the news paper , the work on the road distroyed a peach tree and damaged a crab apple tree , buried my garlic patch , and removed all the crocus flowers on the property line , I was told by the contractor when the work was going on that it would be taken care of and like so many polittions the words were with out meaning . all they did was plant some grass , no stone was added now I have a breading ground for bugs and a pool of stagnent water . the contractor told me they can only go 6 feet from the road bed , after that its on me BULLSHIT , I didnt have a water problem until you fixed the road . I can fix it by going to the other side of the road and plug up the pipe , keep all the water on that side of the road and let it wash out that side keeping my yard high and dry ,,,,, nothing that a big beach ball cant fix ! Jam that big SOB in the pipe cover it with leaves and I am DONE and dry .....

Breakfast this morning was a grilled cresent roll with hot pepper cheese ,tomato ,bacon and eggs , coffee was a blend of 3 Africian coffees , about equial parts of all 3 I dont know what they were off hand , now I am working on a pot of Kona , it is Sunday and the morning smoke will be a DC3 , but it will not be outside on the back deck it will be in side the Qtr Deck as todays high will be a chilly 69 F with 10 to 15 MPH NW wind , its like an October day .
Today would be a good day for a hunk O beef but I have some pork chops defrosting and they will be going on the grill later today , I dont know what I will be making to go with them , Im sure I will be able to find some thing to make .

with all the rain we have had a lot of power outages as trees fall into the wires and some times bring down the poles , the ground is moving , and the hills are answering the call of gravity . All the rain even has the birds messed up , we had a white dove crash into the side of the house , it must have been a pet as it had a band on one leg , the bird must have been evading a redtail hawk that lives across the road , after a few minutes it got going again but it didnt go very high , just a few feet off the ground when it went over the fence and vanished into the trees .

Friday night was a fine show from my grandson Jonas ( #2 ) Internet radio show he had so many requests he extending his play time almost an extra hour before returning to the autoplay computer . he was getting requests from England and the USA its Victusradio.com at 10:30 eastern time , , he has a little bit of everything on his play list , you can click on a song and request he pays it and it will fall in line with all the requests , he reads the dedication and plays the song , just like a regular radio station .

its about time for me to get my pants on and get started with the day hahahaha

Enjoy, Vince
Hope you get some resolution soon.

Jul 25, 2017
Earth
Good morn9ing , Happy Fathers day to all you fathers out there , a warm but wet Sunday here in da Burgh, my yard is a swamp so no grass cutting this week , rain is predicted every day this week .....

Since it is Fathersday with a great daughter and grandsons I recieved a Humidor Filled with 3 bottles of Scotch , a 12 YO Dewers blend, a 13YO Craigellachie Single malt , I had an open one on the shelf so I have a back up now , & Aberfeldie Single malt , a very nice selection of scotch all packed in a nice humidor . NOW I need more cigars to fill it hahahaha , I think the youngest grandson will get one of my smaller humidors to make space for this new larger box that should hold 75 + sticks . I have less than 20 in it now, , I seasoned it Friday , thought it was for my son in law , then My daughter tells me its MINE , I was suprised .......

I had the 2 Maple trees in my yard cut down & all the logs went to my nephew , he heats His home with a wood burner , so he needs a lot of wood, he lives a bit close to the end of the electric grid , he had power but no gas service , so its heat with oil or propane , or electric , but all are a bit expencive , and with 4 kids and a mother in law living with him , money is a bit tight But since he has a "FEW" achers of Hard wood forest Wood is FREE , Just cut , and wait a year or 3 , and burn it , so I had 2 45+ year old trees that needed to come down , and he came to get the wood, when were were loading his truck and trailer , I pulled some thing in my low back , it sounded like dominios falling , snap click click click , and Pain , dammmmmm it hurts , going to the chiropractor this week !

Since I am in a lot of pain I didnt cook breakfast , we had a Butter rum muffin from the bakery and coffee, I have a rack of ribs slow cooking and will be done about 4 PM . A green salad on the side and thats about all I want .

This Mornings coffee is from Papa New Genie a very nice medium roast with a nice flavor and good body , it feels good in your mouth , a solid body that almost feels thick ,,,, I like it a lot , I might make a second pot to go with Fathers day OPUS X #77 a Box pressed torpedo that ends up round at the head ..... That will be after lunch .
Enjoy, Vince
Happy Father's day to you :)

Feb 21, 2004
its still raining the power just came back on , trees in the power lines , the ground is a sloppy mess I might try fishing my back yard in the morning , I have a nice stream and pond that was never there the 45+ years I have lived here