Sunday Morning Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening it is Thursday 9/19/19, 9:47 , yes I know its to late to be 9;19 but its just a thought ....
anyway we got home from the inlaws grave after setting the new flowers and cleaning up the grass and just some housekeeping , well I stopped at the mail box grabbed the junk mail bills and a small box , thought she got something from QVC ,,, AGAIN ,,, it was addressed to her but it was from C I , so I asked her when she started to smoke cigars she didnt know what I was talking about , so I gave her the box , she laughed , told me to open it , a ten pack of Oliva O robustos , one of my favorites , she is so thoughtful ... Thank you DEAR . well I have all ready enjoyed 2 of them , and in the morning I will be lighting up number 3 after breakfast , , sausage , eggs , and toast for her , same for me but no toast, I will scramble mine with some peppers and onions , coffee will be an african mix of 3 or 4 different coffees as there isnt enough of one to make a pot , the cigar smoking will start asap after the dishes are done . SHE is so thoughtful , and she didnt tell me to post this . Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 9/22/19 the last Sunday of Summer and it feels like mid summer here in da Burgh 87 for todays high , it is all ready 78 and it is before 11 AM . I turned on the A/C in the Qtr.Deck as it will be way to HOT to sit out on the back deck.

Breakfast was a cheese and egg scrambled with sausage , a pot of Dunkin Donuts medium roast coffee and sunflower seeded toast , the coffee was a change from the darker roast coffees we drink but on Monday the first day of Fall it will be back to the hand roasted Indian monsoon from the coffee shop in New Brighton Pa , they had a special promo , by 4 pounds get the 5th pound free, so we got 5 different coffees from all over the world , plus I picked up a small bag ( one pot ) of Blue mountain , they were out of Kona , so I will be going back this week as the kona is due in Thursday .

This mornings cigar was an Oliva series O robusto I took it on my morning walk to pick up the Sunday paper , the Butt is waiting for me on the back deck and will be heading to the Qtr.Deck as soon as I finish this post. the next cigar will be what ever I find in the humi. I need to taste the next pot of coffee to figure out what cigar will get smoked with it .

I have some Chicken defrosting , it will hit the grill with some summer squash some time late afternoon , maybe a baked spud with sweet onions to finish off the plate , but maybe not depends on what the wife is in the mood for ....... Ice cream will hit the table later .

Grandsons are both doing well , my daughter and her husband are in North Carolina with a few friends for a farewell to summer party on the beach , I think a lot of wine and cider will be drank , a few pound s of weed will be smoked and maybe a few cigars for the guys , I know my son in law loves them , he has 2 of my humidors at his place all stocked by me so when I visit I dont need to bring cigars , they are all ready there .....
. here it is Sunday morning and the tellamarketers are all ready calling ,,,, so far my social serurity account has been suspened unless I call this number , my maintence agrement is getting a refund , send us your account number so we can deposit it in your account and 2 political calls , I am regestered on the national do not call list ,,,, BFD ....... the call anyway .

time for me to grab the next mug of coffee and pick out a cigar , get the music going and REMOVE the phone interuptions by unpluging it for a few hours , if its important they can call back.

What are you cooking , smoking and drinking today ?

Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 9/29/19 a warm end of September here in da Burgh , we had a small passing shower last night , didnt amount to more than wetting the car and sidewalks , but a few miles down the road hail high winds and power outages were reported , trees down and a lot of damage , we sat on the back deck with out getting wet .

This morning I was up early and in the kitchen , Buttermilk biscuits with sausage in a cream gravy hit the breakfast table , the coffee is from India , roasted local in New Brighton , at Hallowed Grounds Coffee and tea shop , I also picked up a sample of A smoked tea , and made a small pot last friday evening , smoked a fine old Cuban Partagas Corona that I have had in the humidor since 2012 , both the tea and the cigar were winners .

Todays hunk O beef went in the oven a short time ago , should be ready about 4

Yesterday I went to the Ellwood City car cruse and street fair , a FANTASTIC day weather wise , I rolled cigars at the local shop and had the customers roll a few , it was a lot of fun , and no one got cut ! amen .... , Last night we stopped at Charbucks and went for our Saturday evening coffee and tune ride with Cousin Brucey on XM #6 , I enjoyed a Hemingway Classic with my espresso , and Barb had a pumpkin spice Frapachino ..... how do you taste the coffee with all that flavoring and whipped cream is beyond me .....

The Blow up Halloween decorations are popping up in the area , we have a Big black cat, ghosts and pumpkins lining the yard across the side street from me , looks like grass cutting season is over for him , with all the tie downs running all over the place it will be next to impossable to get through with the power mower.
I am heading to the corner store to grab the Sunday Paper and some swiss cheese , , a fresh pot of cold brew columbian will take the walk with me with my Good buddy Don Carlos #3

what are you cooking, smoking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

good morning it is Sunday 6 oct.19 a cool wet morning here in da burgh , breakfast this morning was bacon and eggs with fresh sliced tomatoes the coffee was Indian Monsoon and the cigar was a churchill with a habano 2000 wrapper , I have no idea what the brand was the cigar band was gone just the tag I put on it in 2008 when it went in the humidor I dont know what will be next.
I am sitting in the Qtr.deck posting from the man chair in the q deck. it is 60 F outside and 70 inside , comfortable with shorts and short sleeves . I had planned to take everything out of the Q deck and clean it last summer , ,,, didnt get done , so I thought yes this will be the year 2019 ,,, well it didnt happen yet it is starting to show . the keyboard Im using is leaving smudges on my fingers . I guess thats what soap id for hahahaha

I have a meatloaf to mix up soon and it will be in the oven later , baked spuds with corn , all in the oven , less clean up .
I had a job interview at a local parts store for a part time job , delivering parts to local garages and repair shops , took the piss test and hit the cup , so I guess I passed hahahaha

Time to take a look in the humidor and see whats next
what are you cooking ,drinking and smoking today ? Enjoy Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 10/13/2019 a chilly day here in da Burgh , we had our first frost last night , and todays high is 63 , right now its 45 , I am on my way to darlington lake for a fundraiser for the fire dept. , beer fest and cigars , I am supplying the cigars ..... who else would hahahah , breakfast was a bacon egg and cheese with tomato on a grilled english muffin and the coffee was an estate coffee from Yemen ..... since I am leaving soon I will forgo the Kona today and take a jug of Columbia aa with me , dont know why , its a beer fest , should be drinking beer ...... I guess I would rather have coffee with my cigar .

todays hunk O beef is in the oven , the wife will put the spuds in at 2 , I hope Im home by 430 /500 pm
not much happening with the grandsons , or here at home , one new thing I start a part time job at the local parts store as a delevery guy , just a few hours a few days a week , I need to get out of the house and out of the way of the wife , ,,, I havent worked at all since last Sept. , under foot all the time , so I am busting out of the jail Monday at 730 AM , No idea what time I will be home hahahaha

so I am off to darlington Lake with tobacco and a lot of good intentions hahaha , what are you cooking smoking and drinking today ? Enjoy, Vince

Reactions: 1 users
Good morning it is Sunday 10/20/19 a cool overcast day here in da Burgh just 52 F for the morning walk with coffee and Don Carlos # 3, glad I had a nice warm vest on , the wind is a bit brisk and my hands got a chilly but I was able to finish the cigar before returning to the Qtr.Deck
Breakfast was a bacon and swiss omelet with toasted asiago cheese bread , the coffee was Rouwanda and the back ground music was Janis Joplin on CBS sunday morning , nice story about her , to bad she passed away so young , an other rock star done in by drugs .

this week is my grandsons 24th birthday , I remember when I was 24 , when his mother was 24 , now this ,,,, dammmmm I feel old .... speaking of old I took a part time job at a local parts store delivering to the repair shops and being the oldest guy in the shop the grandfather figure for the young people working there , just a had full are over 21 and most of the under 21 crowd wants me to go the wine shop and "Help" them out ,,,,, I passed on that , dammmm just started working there and they want me to break the law , at lest let me get to know you before you ask again . It is just 3 days a week 10 to 4 , starting Tuesday , but this week I started at 8 all 5 days , got off early on wed. but was there till 4 or after all the rest of the week. , so I got my fair share of hours , I DONT WANT THAT MANY HOURS , or an 8 am start time , I need my sleep time and getting up at 615 , leaving the house at 730 is just to dammm early for me , I spent to many years going to work when it was still dark out coming home after dark , My normal get up time now is 845 , as my wife wants me to make her breakfast , she is up at 730 and by 9 she is ready to eat , , so I get up , a few times a month on Saturdays I get to sleep in till my bladder tells me its time to get up hahahaha .

I will be grilling some Pork chops this afternoon , it is going to be 65 by 2 pm so said the weather man , but who knows what will happen then ..... rice and corn will be the side dishes and todays after dinner cigar is a Monte classic Churchill , I am almost positive there will be a snifter of scotch to go with it . Since I have had my Don Carlos all ready ,I have an Oliva series O robusto waiting for me

what are you smoking drinking and eating today ????
Enjoy, Vince

good morning it is sunday 10.27/19 a cool overcast day here in da burgh ,.

there was a fire about a mike from my home last night , firetrucks running back and forth all night , tanker trucks were needed as there is only well water out here in the boonies , no city water , no fire plugs , the roof is still intact, but doors and windows are long gone .

im in the qtr deck with the last of the padron anniv I started last night at the memorial service for George Merges , one of the buddyd who frequented the Qtr.Deck many times .
in the past week I have added 3 photos to the walls in the q deck a photo of myself and Doug Patterson taken at his place a few months ago , a photo of my grandson and his first cigar in the Qtr.Deck and the obit photo of George in his favorite Hawaiin shirt . Tuesdays are not the same with out George, he didnt talk politics or sports , it was nice to discuss Philosiphical ideas , home design , cars , whisky and cigars , he was a lot like me .... more of a playmate than a father to his kids as I was my self , my daughter grew up with a father that was more of a playmate then an adult, George took his kids all over the country to Ski in the winter and the beach in the summer , I was not a big fallower of winter sports , my daughter was a student of the arts, we went to shows , art musiums , concerts , and a movie here and there , , she didnt like the sun so the beacj was out for us also but we didnt let that stop us from having fun.

breakfast was bacon and eggs with an african coffee , and rye toast , the hunk o beef is in and i have the don carlos 3 in my pocket to fire up as soon as the padron is finished , dammmm I just looked up at the screen , a lot of red underlies , showing me I spelled it wrong , well Im going to leave it just the way it is .

Today is the 1 year anniv of the shootong at the TREE OF LIFE in Pittsburgh . 11 souls were lost and s few more were shot and servived , the perp wanted to plead guilty for life in prison but the DA turnred it down as he wants to have him exicuted , the servivors dont want the guy killed they want him to get life in prison ,,,, go figure they forgive the DA is a hard liner and thats it .

work is going well and i am enjoying the interaction of the customers and co workers .... 3 days a week 10 am to 4 pm , nice job.

what are you drinking smoking and cooking today

thats about it today , , enjoy , Vince

good afternoon it is sunday 3 nov.2019 a cool sunny day here in da burgh. , we got an extra hour of sleep last night but my bladder didnt get the message -so i was up an hour early and in 4 months we go back to daylight savings time , its bullshit let it alone , i saw a quote from an American Indian ,,, only a white man would cut a foot off the top of the blanket ,sew it to the bottom and think he had a longer blanket. .

breakfast was a toasted english muffin with bacon egg swiss chees and tomato , coffee was indian moonsoon . the breakfast cigar was and still is a fuente cannonioe an 8 x 52 maduro . at one time this was my go to cigar a box of 10 cigars was 27.00 bucks yep 2.70 a stick now almost 10 bucks a stick it is still one og my favorites now in boxes of 20 ....

yesterday i made a pot of beef vegatable soup and that is todays sunday meal it will have some nice crusty bread that will get baked shortly , i love the aroma of yeast rising and bread baking .

we took a cigar ride to ohio yesterday stopped at a bottle shop picked up a few different scotches and some irish whiskys and a bottle of 10 yo port i like fonseca but ended up with sandlemans , winter is on its way and i do like a wee dram of port with a cigar when its cold out. . we also got a nice suprize when my grandson showed up for a cigar . it was a good day for all of us. and to make it better i had the powerball number , no other numbers just the power ball 2 bucks hahahahaha

i took a short walk this morning , at 48 f it was a bit cool so i cut it short and have been in the qtr.deck all morning , still working on the big ass fuente maduro
, it is 78 f in the q deck a bit warm but i have the door open a bit till it cools down to 70/72 f not much going on here so thats about it for today ,

what are you smoking drinking and eating today ?

enjoy , vince

Good afternoon on this late fall day here in Da Burgh , a regular fall day 50 F overcast and gray , most of the leaves have been dropped by the trees and the woods look like winter is almost here , we didnt get a great fall fashion show from the trees this year , most of the time it was raining , not a lot of sun and the leaves turned brown and dropped , there were hints of red, yellow and orange but not a lot . , some trees went from green to bare in a few days .
breakfast was a bagel with cream cheese and a bit of lox , and the coffee wasa pot of yourgachef , after the hunk o beef went in the oven we got out the Christmas lights and hung them , it was a nice afternoon for being outside , nothing is plugged in yet the "official" light up will be the day after Thanksgiving , I dont want to rush Christmas , but since the weather was nice we did take advantage of it . , all I will need to do is set the lazer lights to the right angles and when the time comes just hit the buttons and turn them all on .....
the new job is working out well , 3 days a week, start at 10 quit at 4 ..... no hurry to get up and I get off before the evening rush. . delivering auto parts is a cake walk ,the brake rotors are heavy and I just take them one at a time . , so far I havent had to deliver a Battery . its no fun being old , it was fun getting here hahahaha
I was in Ellwood City on saturday at the cigar shoppe in elwood , the owner of don Gonzales Cigars was there and he had his roller with him , he is Fast and accurate , I watched in awe as his made cigars , I did find a few of them very tasty , like every one I smoked hahahaha , I didnt have any booze when I was there , as I had to drive home and cook our evening meal . , not much going on and I need to get back to the kitchen and clean up a bit , .

What are you cooking smoking and drinking ? Enjoy, Vince

good afternoon it is sunday 11/17/19 a sunny chilly day here in da Burgh , the wife and I are both a bit under the weather , breakfast was coffee and a pretzel stick for me I dont know what she had I didnt get up till 1030 , not cooking anything today , going to open a pack of lipton chicken soup and thats about it , going back to bed , Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 11/24/19 a damp chilly overcast day here in da Burgh , we are both feeling better and none to soon , last week was a real pain in the ass for both of us , im still not 100% but she is starting to complain , so I know she is on the mend hahahaha .
bacon and eggs with rye toast and a pot of Sliegh bells coffee from the great coffee roaster in New Brighton Pa , Hallowed Grounds , and they so ship if you want to try some of the stuff I drink . , I have almost stopped roasting my own ,,,,, almost , there is a little satastifaction in doing that but they have better equipment , and a better eye and nose for the coffee than I so , so why not take advantage of a Pro when you can.
I am going to make a meatloaf and baked potatoes today Grandson #1 will be joining us , he is the NON cigar smoking grandson so I will be enjoying my after dinner cigar alone today .
the Thanksgiving turkey is defrosting in the fridge and will be going in the brine some time wendsday ,a nice long bath in salt and citrus water roasted breast down should give us a nice juicy bird on Thursday , the traditional side dishes with out the green beans , I might open a bottle of bubbly , I think I have some half bottles resting , if so I will use one of them , if not a full sized bottle , if we get any friends or family I will pull out a magnum.... just to much to drink all by my self hahahaha , but with the right wine and some caviar , I think I can consume it , but then I will miss out on the turkey . cant do it all anymore .
I have my Don Carlos #3 , my mug of Kona , the heat is on in the Qtr.Deck .......
What are you cooking drinking and smoking today / Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon it is Monday , 2 dec.2019 a cool damp overcast day here in da Burgh , I tried to post yesterday from my Qtr.deck but I couldnt get on the site , the OLD computer in the q deck ( windows 98 machine ) said it was an unsucure site and I was not able to override the safety protocall , so here I am a day late and a dollar short, , the past week was a blur , very busy all week the turkey went well and the leftovers are in the freezer for a time in the near future , I did leave a little out for sandwiches and creamed turkey , back to work on Tuesday so I will be making some thing beside turkey , today will be take out from some place as we are setting up the tree later this afternoon. Breakfast this morning was a Peanutbutter banana sandwich on dark rye toast and a pot of Moca Java , I am enjoying a mug of Columbian now and will be heading to the Qtr.deck as soon as the tree is in place .

Both grandsons are working over time so no news from them , all my shopping is finished , I dropped off the gifts at my daughters to wrap for me so I AM DONE !!! , its easy as I just need to buy for the wife , and she takes care of everything else , its a suprize for me when the gifts are opened .... I like it that way , , when the kids were small I had a fine time going to toys are us and finding the stuff I wanted as a kid and getting it for the grandsons , but at 22 and 24 they are past toys and toys are us is closed ......

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving and didnt over eat hahahaha

What are you cooking smoking and drinking today ? Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 12/8/19 a cool over cast day here in da Burgh , a very slow week here nothing going on at all the Christmas shopping is finished , wrapped and cards mailed the tree is up and I am doing NOTHING for a few days other than visiting a few friends .

breakfast was rye toast and coffee , just didnt want to cook , I made a pot of turkey rice soup yesterday and that will be our sunday supper , pop a loaf of frozen bread dough in the oven and thats it ... this mornings coffee was a pot of Christmas Blend that we concocted , a little christmas spice added to the columbian coffee a touch of hazelnut , pistachio , cinninum , clove and allspice with a dash of chocolate and almond , , , , Im not a flavored coffee lover but this is Ok a few times a year , just at Christmas , The wife likes it so I make it for her , this mornings cigar was a Masterpiece maduro , I think its the largest cigar Fuente makes , not as costly as an Opus X or as strong but a nice smoke that last a few hours .
we left the house early to go to a suprise birthday party for my daughter at the Ambridge Eagles at 9:30 am , who has a party at a club in the morning , a sunday morning to top it off , the daughter turned 47 on the 6th but spent the day at the ER with her husband who jammed his Knee and was not able to walk on it with out help , he will be getting it cut asap torn minuskus, or how ever you spell it , spelling is nothing for me to butcher as you know from reading my BS every sunday .

A buddy is having an open house this afternoon so we will be dropping in after 2 today ,,,,, in and out hope to be there less than an hour or 2 Max . , I just want to sit on my ass smoke a cigar listen to some music and relax , dont want to make conversation the order of the day . I have some Goodies to take a great big caramel apple , some christmas pretzels , and candy , all hand dipped .... I hope they go over well ... if not I can eat them hahahahaha

Time for lunch , what ever it is ,

what are you smoking drinking and eating today? Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday Dec 15,2019 just 10 days till Christmas a cold overcast day here in Da Burgh just 30F with a wind chill of 20 , the state has been out with the salt trucks all ready today . I am in the Qtr.Deck using my new to me 2009 mac all in one , I have replaced my windows 98 machine with this used mac now all I need is to transfer some of the BS I had on the old machine to the new one , the set up of the mac is easy and from what I hear its a sturdy system to be in the smoke filled enviorment of the Qtr.Deck .
now all I need is to get a few games loaded and I will be back to playing solitair on the computer , its been years since I picked up a deck of cards to play by hand .
I have the day off from cooking , we are having leftovers from Friday , Fish , from the deli at the gorcery store , reheat and eat , not what I was looking for but if we dont eat it today it will get tossed out , should have had it yesterday but it was the last day for the food truck for the winter so we got steak sandwiches and hot sausage ,,, now we wait for april when he opends back up .
last Sunday was a suprise Birthday party for the daughter at the local Eagles club for the champagnue brunch , she is now 47 dammm kid you making me fell old .

this mornings cigar is a rocky Hamlet the coffee is columbian and the radio is on NPR , If I have the energy I might change it to Jazz hahahaha
what are you cooking , eating and drinking today ? Enjoy, Vince

good afternoon its sunday dec.22,2019 a warm sunny day here in da burgh , aproching 50 f outside 76 here in the qtr.deck.
breakfast was a swiss cheese and roasted yellow pepper omelet and the coffee was a christmas blend of 6 different coffees , mostly columbian but a touch of hazelnut, chocolate,almond ,cinnimion, and what ever else the wife put in it , , a busy week here last week , a lot of deleverys at work , had to chase some parts that were delivered to the wrong store , didnt get back till almost 6 pm and our full time driver left for a better paying job , I need to cover for him till we get a new driver , I am very happy with my 3 days a week start at 10 done at 4 scheduel , but I will step up and TRY to be in the shop at 8 am on mondaythe manager understands I dont want to work 40+ hours a week , he wanted me to be there 5 days a week I wanted 2 so I said ok to 3 ..... it cuts into my cigar time and i didnt retire to go back to work full time , but the money is good and i need cigars hahaga
last night grandson #2 stopped and raided my humidor took 7 or 8 sticks and left 20 bucks in in the humidor God love him ,,,,he hit the glory hole taking a few of the top end stuff I have been saving to share with him like the opus and padron anniv . ,,,, glad he didnt find the isom monte #2s anf partagas series d #4's
I have 2 NY strip steaks in a mild minarade they will be going on the grill about 4 , its so nice out I had to grill today . the weather man said we should hiy 55 F today ,, not bad for the first day of winter here in da Burgh , dome fresh noodles will be cooked inside and some peppers and onions will get grilled with the beef . we went for a cigar ride last night listened to cousin brucy on XM radio , put 107 miles on the car and didnt go anyplace , just riding , out 228 to route 8 north to Butler Pa , sout on 68 to Zinelopile , crusing the back streets looking at all the Christmas lights all over the place , some were fantastic , soome were OK , there is this one housr not far from us that is just perfect , just green and red lights , but the placement was spot on for the house , then there are the over the top places with TONS of lights from the roof to the ground , displays in the yard on the roof and even a tractor all done up in lights , I wonder what kind of electic bill they get ,,,, one place had a potrable generator running to power all the decoraations , I don t have time time or the abbition to do all that , or the storage space to keep it all.

dammmm I see a lot of red underline words ,,,, all misssspelled ..... well to bad just use your power of insite and read them hahahahaah

what are you smoking and drinking today , Im getting ready to fire up cigar #2 , oliva O churchill . enjoy Vince

good afternoon it is Sunday29 dec 2019 the last Sunday of the year , it is a cool wet rainy slightly foggy here in da burgh just 45 f outside but its 74 in the Qtr deck , turning down the heat a bit a comfortable 70/72 would be just fine , I have 90.5 FM the local NPR station just dont feel like music today , well Christmas has come and gone and Santa was good to me , cigars , scotch whisky and a water pick , now I can blast the smoke off the teeth ,,,, this mornings cigar is a Maria Mancini , LTD Eddition and the coffee is a pot of Espresso roast from Charbucks

breakfast was a toasted english muffin with provolone cheese ,grilled red pepper, eggs and bacon ,,, I had a little spicy brown mustard on mine , Barb had hers with out the mustard.

we went to my daughters Christmas for breakfast / lunch got a bottle of Irish whisky and a GPS that sounds like the star treck computer ,,,, just what I needed hahahahaha

the grandsons , step grandchildren and the step great grandchildren were all there ,,,, Oh to have the energy of aa 3 year old , we dont see much of them since they are always busy and have other grandparents beside us but we do see them a few times a year at different holidays and family gatherings . I am worn out playing with them . we went to barbs sisters that evening , her house was so warm I had to go outside , it felt like it was 80+ in reality it was 76 but way to warm for me , my brother
in law and I went to the car since it was raining and enjoyed a cigar ,,,, I had a Monty and he had a flat head . we drank a single malt scotch and a wee dram of Irish both were great match with the cigars
I made a ham for christmas , we are still eating Ham . green beens , sweet potato and macarony salad after today wht ever is left over will be going to the freezer sine I will be making pork and sour kraut for new years , I will be at work new years eve and so far it looks like I will be working new years day , I have no idea what I will be doing, I dont think any of the garages will be open and if they are I dont see a lot of delivererys , personally I think I should be at home watching TV and smoking some cigars and drinking a weeee dram of something , but a day at work is a bigger paycheck. thats about all I have today, what are you drinking smoking and cooking today ? Enjoy, Vince

good afternoon it is Sunday 5 Jan,2020 the first Sunday of the new year . its cold and wet here in da Burgh just 30 F , but here in the Qtr.Deck is 72F this mornings cigar was an AVO #2 Dont know what will be next ,,,, breakfast was a cheese omelet , no toast, and a pot of coffee from the coffee shop in new brighton, I forgot to check the bag to see what it was ,,, what ever it was it was good, right now I have a pot of Cosco coffee, 9 bucks for 3 pounds ..... 3 for the price of 1 at the shop in new brighton,,, but the taste tells me , price isnt important , the taste is , so its back to roasting my own.
After all the holiday meals and all the leftovers ,,, still have the remains of the ham in the freezer and the pork and sour crout , so today is Sunday and the HUNK O BEEF is back ....

busy at work, for me and the grandsons havent seen them since Christmas, the weather here has been crazy , we have had a few 55 F plus days in December , a lot of rain and thats good for me , you dont need to shovel rain ....

I have been able to sit in the parking lot at work and have a cigar a few days last week , its been that nice . ....

not much else going on so thats it for today ,,,, what are you drinking ,smoking and cooking today ?
enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday Jan 12 .2020 a cool wet day here in da Burgh ,,,, we hit 70F yesterday a new record high for the date , the old record was 68 set 130 years ago , it was a wet over cast day , a little rain , so sitting outside with a cigar was not on the agenda, I dont care to smoke in the rain outside , and it was a bit windy , we had a few 30 mph gusts and that is not outside smoking weather , so we went to the Booze shop in North Lima Ohio ( near Youngstown ) , picked up a bottle of Bushmills 10 YO single malt Irish whisky , I havent opened it YET ,,, the day is young hahaha , also a Arbeg 10 yo Islay scotch , plus a single serve bottle of Jack , black label for my grandson , no reason to tie up cash in a big bottle when he is not going to show up for weeks at a time , hahahaha , KIDS what to do with them ???? On the way over to Ohio we stopped for Coffee and I fired up a Toro , H Upman banker for the ride , and on the way home I had a Padron 3000, we stopped in Beaver Falls Pa about 4:30 and picked up a pizza and came home to eat , it was a good Saturday for us , after eating we did head back to Charbucks and I took a Hemingway Natural Masterpiece along for the ride , Listening to Cousin Brucy on XM radio we drove a few hours to finish the cigar getting home just before 10 PM and nothing but a tiny nub of a cigar left .

Breakfast came early this morning , , sausage and eggs , coffee was Purivian , or somthing like that , it was hard to read the hand written note on the bag of beans , roasted medium , it was a nice pot , my next pot is a Green Mountain Dark Magic a dark roast coffee that will stand up to just about anything short of espresso , it will be Paired with a 10th. anniv Jamie Garcia LTD Edition , as soon as I get off the computer , the heat is on in the Qtr.Deck and will be warm soon , ita cool wet 41 F right now .

I have Chicken defrosting right now , it will get added to a pot of Rice and veggies ..... NO Hunk O beef , today Amen.

nothing new from the grandsons , or from work, so thats about it for today. What are you smoking, drinking and cooking today ? Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 19 jan. 2020 a cold blustery day here in da Burgh , 24 F with a wind chill of 9 F , light snow blowing in the air , just down right crappy day .
Breakfast was oatmeal with raisins for the wife I added a dab of peanut butter to mine , passed on the raisins the coffee was a pot of Poppa New Ginny , and a pot of Columbian up next this mornings cigar was a BIG SOB , a Bahia Maduro Churchill I think they are 7 x 54 , , a low price gem that I do enjoy, not as complex as a Don Carlos , but at 50 bucks for a bundle of 20 a lot less than the 180 bucks for 25 of the Don Carlos .... but I do love the Don Carlos #3 .

I have been in the Home repair mode the past few days , the dish washer was replaced on Monday , it was OLD and was not getting the dishes clean I tried to clean the lines but 18 years of well water had taken it tole, so replacemrnt was the answer, the 3 way switch was replaced in the living room lamp and the Garbage disposal developed a crack , JB weld to the rescue, , the disposal will be replaced next payday , right now the JB weld is holding fast. I have been watching the home repair, building shows for a number of years all the way back to the start of Bob Vila on this old house, I am never going to try some of the things I have seen on TV , but I was able to fix a few things myself and didnt start a fire or flood the house when I was done,,,,

well it is Sunday and the hunk O beef is in the oven ...... But yesterday I pulled out the ham bone from Christmas and made a pot of Ham Vegitable soup , we had it last evening with some hard crusted bread and there will be left overs for Monday , it simmered for 6 hours yesterday and now that it sat in the fiidge over night and will go back on about noon on Monday it should be just fine by 5 pm , the bread will be fresh baked by then , should be a great meal ,,, I have noticed Im not eating as much anymore , I almost didnt finish my oatmeal this morning , but leaving a few spoon fulls is against my nature , so I will be watching my portion size , gone are the 4 egg breakfasts , now its just one.

Friday grandson #2 stopped for a smoke and a drink , we sat in the Qtr.Deck till after 10:30 pm , almost my bed time hahaha he just turned 22 years old , dammmmm I had his mother sitting on my lap when I was 22 .... times change , this august it will be 50 years for me and the wife .... no wonder I feel OLD hahahaha , its about time for a cigar and some coffee so ....

What are you drinking smoking and cooking today ???
Enjoy, Vince

goodafternoon , it is Sunday 26 jan. 2020 a chilly snow covered day here in da burgh , its 33f now and the dripping has started but its jan. in day burgh .... breakfast was bacon eggs and home fry and I had a slice of Daves killer Bread , a former convict who became a baker,,, great bread, a bit on the pricey but its great. the coffee was pappa new ginny , now i have columbian .
BARB TOOK OVER THE KITCHEN THIS MORNING AND made stuffed peppers , i will be pealing and mashing the spuds and thats all i have to do today.. the cigar is a BAHIA MADURO
we went for a cigar ride last night before it started to snow, just about 10 miles from home it started to snow and we almost hit 2 deer crossing in front of us, scarry time ... and thats about all i have today ,,,, what are you smoking drinkinf and cooking toay, enjoy vince

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.