Sunday Morning Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning it is Sunday May 6,2018 a chilly overcast day here in da Burgh. , the grass is in the need of its second cutting of the year , that should happen Monday, , I dont know what is worse, cutting grass or shovel snow..... I keep telling the wife lets sell this place and move to a high rise or some other Sr citizen community , but she wants to stay here .....
Breakfast was scrambled eggs with bacon onions peppers and cheese all mixed with a spoon full of stewed tomato leftovers from Friday. the coffee is a pot of Ethoepian , and a pot of Columbian is ready to go as a back up . No Kona today , forgot to grind some , to lazy to do it now. , I have a great looking petite corona with a rosado wrapper ready for the first cigar of the day , , and it will be soon .
I have a chicken breast defrosting and it will be cubed with bacon , squash ,onions , a bit of tomato a little garlic some chicken stock and a nice thick hand cut Egg Noodle , it should be ready about 4 PM or so, depends on when I get started and right now I am not ready to cook , getting lazy in my old age , I always have been a little on the lazy side , Now I am embracing it , I just dont care if it gets done or not, the only person I need to take care of is the wife and , since she is the Priority nothing else matters , keep her happy all is well, she had the second eye fixed on thursday , , still getting drops 4 times a day in one eye ,3 times a day in the other , we seam to be getting it taken care of with the help of a callender , timmer and chart , great that the different meds have different color caps . , one more trip to the doc to remove a small growth on her ear , to the dentist to get a cleaning back to the eye doc for her new glasses , and we should be DONE with the BS and get back to just getting older , I just go with the flow and self medicate, coffee , single malt scotch, cigars, a short walk a few times a week, , listen to music and remove all stress from my life ,,,, JUST dont give a dammm about much of anything, go with the flow, when the traffic backs up and your stuck, turn up the radio , open the windows, puff your cigar , sip some coffee , and hope the traffic starts to move before you need to pee hahahaha
well it that time I need to get pants on , and get moving on the adjenda I have set for myself ,,,,, open up the tail gate on the car , get out a rocking chair , put it on the back deck , and SIT hahaha Enjoy, Vince

What are you smoking drinking and Cooking , post it here !!!

. Good afternoon it is Sunday 13 May 2018 the day my Mother became a mother for the first time! My wife made me a German chocolate cake and we have been to the cemetery and the hunk of beef is in the oven. We cut card s to see who got the choice of meals mother's day and my birthday, I got a teen and was happy she got a queen ! I wanted BBQ chicken and she wanted the hunk of Chuck ....... End of story.

She did get me a bottle of Scotch and an Irish whisky and I will be opening them after we eat! My grandson picked up a Google mini for the Qtr.Deck and my daughter got me a sound bar for the TV !

So far today has been great, a lot of rain this morning still humid out and I am on the back deck with a Maduro Churchill with coffee and my tablet computer,I have had this one for six years and it is still working just fine ,my wife is on her third one , glad I got the insurance on it this is a 16 gig ,her first one was the same as mine, but she was having problems with it recharging , best by replaced it. Then it started to shut off with out touching he button when you were using it , so best by replaced it , but the 16 had been upgraded to a 32 so I paid he difference , just a few bucks ! So that about all I have now enjoy Vince

. Good afternoon it is Sunday May20,2018 a cool wet day here in da burgh.we had a nice breakfast of cheese blintzes and a pot of Columbia AA roasted by a local roaster in New Brighton Pa called hallowed grounds ,half was medium roast half dark roast .I have a pot of French roast in the pot now , smoking a Fuente cannonie Maduro , just sitting in my rocker on the back deck watching the traffic and listening to the wind chimes.
Yesterday my wife got up early to watch the royal wedding, I stayed in bed till nine ! We went out for coffee at charbucks in the early afternoon, dodging the rain and wind , watched a magnificent rainbow against a very dark sky in it's background.we got a loaf of French bread cut it in half and toasted it on the grill, added some ham ,hot pepper cheese , tomatoes and BACON, that was last night's supper .Today I will be grilling a bacon wrapped tenderloin with yams and squash , all done on the grill, I am getting hungry thinking about it.

Friday we had to go to Sewickley Pa for her last trip to see the eye doc who removed her cataracts, while she was waiting for the doc I went to the slippery mermaid for sushi and ran into our oldest grandson,who used to be a server there, he was just leaving , I had ordered mine to go and when I was waiting I walked to the cigar shop , El Fumidor , picked up a few sticks and went back to pick up the boss at the eye doc , she was still in the exam room so I went outside grabbed a chair out of the back of the car ,sat in the grass and fired up a Don Carlos 3 and waited , we got home had the sushi with some green tea , sat on the back deck and watched the grass grow !!!!! A great day ,a great meal and good company.

Gas prices are up to 3.19 at most stations , last month it was 2.79 ...... Where will it stop? We are cutting back on our cigar rides and I miss it . I am still having a cigar but it's not the same , we enjoy listening to the radio , sipping coffee as we drive .at our age that is as close to a date as we want to have!

This week I will be going back to the radio station for a seventy anniversary , the station is bringing back a lot of the old folks we worked there , a bit of nostalgia for the listeners , and I have a cigar rolling at a country club that evening, so I will be busy this week with a lot of BS , but I have a lot to spare hahaha

It's time for the French roast and a cigar.
What are you cooking ,smoking and drinking today ?

Good afternoon bit is Sunday May 27,2018 a warm wet day here in da burg! I had a busy week, taking the wife to the doctor, rolling cigars at Kittaning Country club, working, and attending the 70th anniversary party of WBVP radio station of where I worked for 4years , it was a great time seeing the old OLD folks I worked with,one of the original staff from 1948 was there, yep he is older than me hahaha, it was a great night out !!!!! Last night I took the Boss to the mall and she picked out some summer close outs , damn summer isn't scheduled till next month and the fall line of clothes is starting to be displayed, every one talks about Christmas decorations in September, so I guess the retail outlets are a season ahead of the rest of us.

I made french toast for breakfast with real maple syrup made right down the road from me , good stuff !

I will be grilling a batch of veggies for a salad to go with the bacon wrapped tenderloin , last week my wife enjoyed it so much she asked for it again this week, so I am making it , I like it better than the hunk of Chuck she loves , so we both are happy .

I am starting the day with a Monte robusto that has a date on it from May of 75. Wow is all I can say . Right now I have a mug of Kona with it but I think it needs a Laphroaig hahaha , it is after five someplace!

What are you drinking smoking and cooking today? Enjoy Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 6/3/18 a some what humid but cool day here in da Burgh.
A great pot of Dunkin Donuts coffee was waiting for me when I got up this morning , one of my Daughters friends gave it to her and she gave it to me , so it was all ready ground but free is free so not as bad as I thought it would be , sure the stuff you get fresh at the shop is fine , but I have my doubts about a bag of open pre ground , light roast coffee, , would I want it everyday , NO , but it was a light almost sweet coffee that did go well with the peppers and onions I grilled with the eggs this morning , a slice of seeded rye and that was breakfast.

A buddy turned 50 yesterday , dammm just a kid , my daughter is closing in on 50 herself hahahaha ..... dammmmm that makes me feel OLD .

Friday was a LONG day at work , I didnt punch out till after 5:30 put close to 400 miles on the van we went into the flat lands of Ohio to pick up a few cars at dealers not close to each other ,,,,, go west, go south , go north east, go south , go east , go south then back home , BUT we did stop in Hartville Ohio at the Hartville Kitchen , a place I used to take my inlaws out to eat, the food is wonderfull , prices are fair, the bakery , candy shop and gift shop are just great and it is a place with a BIG cleaning staff, ,,, I have NEVER seen anything as well kept, as that place , , the dining room is Large and the turn over of tables is great , I am sure the wait staff makes a great income . it was a great place to get back to , we are going to make the 2.5 hour trip back some Saturday soon .
There is a NEW Food truck in the area, , just a few hundred yards from me right on state RT 989, I can see it from my window, , its all sandwiches, the Steak and hot sausage are on the menu every day and there is a daily special, he is closed Sunday and Monday , , all sandwiches are $6.00 , cash only , and EVERYTHING I have got so far has been GREAT , the meatball , steak and hot sausage are tip top the pork cutlet was a nice moist sandwich , but only a 9 out of 10 the others being a 9.5

The wife just brewed up a pot of Eathopian estate coffee roasted at the hallowed grounds in New Brighton Pa , , that has a freshness to it the DD didnt have , , I will be heading out to the back deck as soon as i finish this posting , I will take the rest of the coffee out with me , and fire up my SUNDAY MORNING SMOKE , a Don Carlos #3

I am going to make something with Turkey today , the Wife has been craving for Devonshire , so it looks like thats what it will be , an open face Turkey and bacon sandwich covered with a cheese sauce ....... I can KNOCK that out in my sleep.

so What are you cooking, smoking and drinking today ?????

Enjoy, Vince

No posting next sunday , I will be on the 20th cigar crawl.

Last edited:
Good evening , it is Sunday 6/10/18 a wet cool evening bhere in da Burgh. I got home from the cigar crawl a few hours ago , took a nap , put away all my loot and made a grilled cheese for me and the Boss , went to starbucks and got home a few minutes ago, it was a GREAT weekend. . I left the house about 1PM last friday , and got home early today , Lord knows I needed the nap !!!!

we stopped at a few cigar shops , ate great food , drank some grat single malt scotch, listened to XM radio in my room on the TV it was nice falling to sleep with smooth Jazz on .

got some great deals on some cigars overpaid for a few davidoffs , but I had to try a few ...... NOT WORTH the price !! But I did get a few Opus X pittet coronas under 10 bucks each. Smoked one on the way home , light it up when I pulled out in the rain , dropped the butt on my back deck , when I got home . , this was our 20th cigar crawl , I have been on 19 , Missed the first one, plan on going again next year

well not much else this week, to tired to think, .

What are you cooking and drinking , smoking this week ? Enjoy, Vince

Good morning to all you Fathers out there , it is Sunday 6/17/18 a HOT HUMID Fathers day here in da Burgh ,,, I slept in till 10 AM had a banana with peanut butter for breakfast, the wife was UP way before me and she made her own toast this morning , the coffee is from Kenya a mix of medium and dark roast .

I have a bacon wrapped tenderloin to go on the grill later today , along with some Zucchini and yellow squash, ,,,, all done on the outside grill , to hot to turn on the stove inside hahaha , the A/C is working and I an so glad, , it is so hot and humid I havent had my morning cigar yet and might not get it in all day , its just way to uncomfortable to be out .

I dont have much more BS this morning , I am going back to bed and take a Nap ,
what are you cooking , drinking and smoking ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning its Sunday 6/24/18 a warm humid sunny day here in da Burgh.
This week was a real GEM of a week, nothing went right , we had flash floods in parts of the city ( Pittsburgh ) , land slides , accidents all over the place , , shutting down a lot of roads, then there was a shooting in east pittsburgh that brought out protesters shutting down a section of Interstate highway .... No you cant get there from here!

I dont want to get political thats not my bag, but enough all ready , lets all take a step back, take a deep breath and relax a bit burry the hatred and unrest , live together like we love each other. , My ansesters came from all over Europe and the Americas , different cultures mixed together made me the asshole I am today .... we need to be just a bit more tolerant of our brothers and sisters .

Breakfast was just bacon and eggs , toast and coffee, a nice rich Ethopian and the Kona will be comming out of the cold press pot after a 12 hour brew .... there will be a Don Carlos with it but today its a robusto . ,
I have a ton of veggies to go on the grill later today , some sausage for the fat and protean , and i think I might get a few sweet potatoes on the grill , peppers and onions for the sausage , should be a real fart fest tonight hahahaha
If any of you have ever locked you keys in the car , and no spare key , some places the police will show up with a slim jim and pop the lock, but some JACKASS sued the local police dept for damages to his paint when they opened his car for him... so now they tell you call a lock smith, well my grandson (#1) locked his keys in his car at the mall, , so I went down picked him up and gave him the wife's car so he could go to work , I called a lock smith , waited 5 hours after many calls I get the tech , who called me back telling me it was to far for him to go .... called the company again , talked to a STUPIDVISOR , he said he would get a tech to call asap , , no one called back , so after exausting all the cigars in my 3 finger case, I had a brain fart, dammmmm he has a Fiat , they have road side assistance, gave them a call and with in 35 minutes I was on my way home , and instead of paying a lock smith 100 bucks to open the car , there was NO CHARGE , I gave the driver a crisp new 20, and a BIG HUG , should have called FIAT first ,,,,,

well thats just the start of my day , in the evening we were going to the Fireworks on the Ohio river for an early 4th celebration , as the show was great it was 45 minutes late starting and before it was over it started to rain ...... needless to say , I need a day with out drama .... On better news grandson #2 got a promotion at work and a small raise , he is all happy about it and so an I .

Time for me to get off the computer and get on with the day of coffee , cigars and maybe a weee dram later today ..... So what are you cooking smoking and drinking today ??? Enjoy, Vince

Reactions: 1 users
good afternoon it ias SUNDA y july first a trippple h day hete in da burgh,hazy,hot and humid.just a little after noon and it is overninty allready.
Thank God for air conditioning !!!!!!
We had french toast for breakfast , used up the raisin bread we got last week ,gave all the plants a good watering, and went to the store for flowers, today is the fourth anniv . Of my mother in laws passing. Todays first cigar is a don aCarlos robusto and the sunday kona !
.so its so hot out i am in the house , to hot to even turn on the air in the q deck ,
It will take for ever to get it cool in there. , So it looks like a long cigar ride later .

Yesterday we went to the Ellwood City arts fest wayto hot drank three bottles of gator aid and didnt pee i soaked through my shirt , parked my fat assin the shade
, Waited for my wife and her sister to call it a day , i went to get the car and came back to pick them up.

I am going to open the freezer and take out some ravoli a quick sauce made with fresh tomatos stolen from the next door garden , i will be picking them soon !!!!
Its way to hot to do anything out ....... I am going to take a nap !!

What are you cooking and smoking today

good morning / after noon ,,, it is sunday 7/8/18 a cool brisk day here in da Burgh, the a/c is off the windows open and I have a shirt on , the last few days it has been so DAMMM HOT and humid I was not even going outside .

I started the day a few hours ago with a nice breakfast of onions peppers and eggs with a little cheese melted in the eggs a slice of dark whole wheat toast and a pot of Columbian , No Kona today I am moving right into the espresso and a ISOM Monte robusto .
I do have a nice piece of beef tender loin wrapped in bacon that will be hitting the grill some time later today , along with some yams and what ever veggie I grab out of the garden, I dont plant a garden , the lady nest door has one ...... she isnt home ...
I did have a great time at Darlington Lake last night , a fund raiser for Cistic Fibrosses , a wine and beer tasting with a catered buffet, and a CIGAR TENT , I rolled a few cigars for the event had a few of the people roll there own , gave then a nice donation , and came home with out having any beer or wine at all , and NO SCOTCH , just coffee all evening , but the fire works were OK and a lot of BS was tossed around .

SO what are you cooking smoking and drinking ?????

I am hearing a voice calling me for the back deck, its my Buddy Don Carlos #3 , cant let him sit there alone , enjoy, Vince

good morning it is sunday 7/15/18 a warm humid day here in da Burgh , I didnt sleep well last night , got up early , before the sunday Paper was delivered, sat on the deck with a cup of Italian roast coffee and a Monte corona waiting for the paper, . made a Jaelsberg cheese filled baked egg with a grilled soft pretzel for breakfast for the wife and myself, , and I took a medium sized sirloin steak out of the freezer , and will be grilling it later today along with some yellow squash and eggplant , I have no plans on doing much more than that , its just way to hot and humid to do much anything else. The A/C in my escape stopped working , had the unit checked for charge, and its fine, the clutch is working but its not cooking so I guess the compressor is done for, , it has 160K + on the ticker , , it is starting to rust , and I dont think I am going to spend the money on the replacemrnt , so I will suffer the rest of the summer and get some thing new in the fall or late winter , if the rest of the thing will last till next May , I might just get a brand new one . Who Knows !!!
it has been an uncomfortable summer so far the humidity has been way to high , just sitting in the shade is uncomfortable with out a breeze to help cool you .
the roads are all under construction , no matter what direction you go there is road work, some projects are nearing compleation , just in time for a water main or gas line to leak and dig up the road all over again.
not much going on , so what are you cooking , smoking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon it is Sunday 7/22/18 a cool dry morning here in da Burgh with Rain in the forecast for this afternoon and evening .
I was up early for the call of nature and went out to get the Sunday Paper , but it was to early , so I waited on the back deck listening to the early morning sounds , watching the Due drip from the windchimes and gutter , I was in my robe and slippers with out a cigar , but the Big butt I left in the ashtray was sitting there, so I lit it up , a bit moist from sitting out all night , a bit bitter at first but got better in a few puffs , I did get about 10 minutes of smoke out of it before the paper was delivered, brought the paper in and went back to bed hahahaha , thought I was doing the wife a favor by bringing in the paper , but some how I didnt , she did find fault with me outside at 6:15 am when I know the paper isnt delivered till 6:30 ...... NO GOOD DEED ever goes unpunished ....

I made some french toast with grilled Bananas and we finished the PURE maple syrup we got from the beaver county maple fest last spring , we have a county park called Bradys run , and there are a LOT of maple trees that get tapped every year , boiled down in the sugar shack not far from the lake formed by Bradys run Creek , a nice place to swim and fish with the trees coming right down to the waters edge, in a lot of places, a nice man made beach with nice sand and a some what clean changing room for the swimmers .... it has a lot of picnic groves and shelters , swings and built in grills at most of the areas, lots of picnic tables in nice shady spots , and the roads are well kept for easy entrances and exits , a nice horse ring and a walking trail are next to the pistol range ,,, I dont get there as often as I want.

, well it is a some what cool day here , so the BOSS wanted the hunk O Beef , it went in the cast iron pot early this morning ( just after breakfast) ,,,, LOW AND SLOW should be coming out of the oven a little before 4 pm ..... I love the one pot meals , makes clean up easy . I did pull some of the garlic I planted last fall and it is in the pot with the rest of the veggies , carrots , celery , bell pepper and onion , the gravy will be great ( I hope ) .

this past week was a Greek food fest at the Orthodox Church in Ambridge , I went and spend almost a C note on authentic Greek specials , most of the grape leaves didnt make it home ....... all of the dinner food is gone but a lot of the cookies are still on the counter. BUT NOT FOR LONG ....
#2 grandson had a job Interview for an other Promotion ,,, he will find out monday if he gets the new job. he is so laid back , never in a hurry but he is smooth with his actions and gets the job done with out showing much effort, kind of the way I cook, ,, when you love what your doing its not work. , the 2 grandsons are so different , one is high strung , alafa with OCD just like his grandmother .two is so laid back but gets the job at hand done with out any fuss or Drama , there are yin and yang .....

My wife got me a nice super prize this past week, when I got home from work on Tuesday there was 15 Graycliff cigars sitting in the kitchen table for me ..... after I thanked her , I asked what did I do to deserve this , she said it was so I would spend more time in the Qtr.Deck and get out of her living room !!!!!! works for both of us hahahaha

I think it might be time to get my ass in gear , pour the Kona and fire up the DC# 3
Might even have a weeeee drammm hahahaha
what are you drinking , smoking and cooking ???? Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon , its Sunday 7/29/18, a nice summer day , low humidity , temp about 75F ,, blue sky a few clouds nice breeze ..
I got a late start today , made a cheese, hot pepper, bacon & onion scrambled egg for the boss and myself she brewed up a pot of INDIAN MONSOON and I had a nice healthy dump just after breakfast, ahhh it was a great one , getting old has many draw backs but this is BS , cant go for days and BAM Right Now. well I do feel much better now, Thursday I went to the accupuncturest , it was OK , but it was hard to breathe on my belly , the nose got plugged after 10 minutes and the last ten were breathing through the mouth , , not a fun time but I do feel a little better .
I have a bacon wrapped tenderloin going on the grill soon , yams, green beans with bacon rounding out our Sunday meal. Watermelon for a little sweet at the end of the meal.
grandson #1 got a speeding ticket last week and he is much upset, big fine .... not a happy camper, his room mate is 2 months behind on the rent and he is pissed about that , nothing going right for him right now, granson #2 is happy at his job , and told me how to fix my computer with out even being here, ... My sound was out , but everything I checked was on , just no sound comming out of the speakers, , checked all the lines and everything was pluged in tight , , turned it off , restarted and the sound as back... simple fix for a simple person ,,,,, me !

Friday I was on the PA turnpike heading east, in the west bound lanes there was an 18 wheeler on fire and a 5 mile back up behind it , we were going to a few exits down and comming back with 3 cars , well we took a bunch of 2 lane roads to avoid the backup and got on the pike after the traffic backup, it was 18 miles on the pike , but on the counrty roads it took us over an hour to get by the accident , had we stayed on the pike it might have taken 4 hours or longer so we did well by going the long way around.
I had a great ride , a 2017 nissan suv , moon roof and xm radio , had a blast till it started to rain , traffic was down to 40mph , slow going in a HEAVY down pour .... came through the last tunnel and bingo clear sky on the other side of the mountain.
.... not much else to say, so what are you drinking and smoking today, I have my buddy Don Carlos#3 in the ash tray all ready & I think a rocky maduro edge will be next with a mug of columbian . Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 8/5/18 a hazy hot humid day here in da Burgh , and my little brothers 61st birthday ..... Happy Birthday Phil.
Breakfast was a hand rolled cheese Blintz , with sour cream and fresh blackberrys , a pot of Columbian AA , I have the ribs on and they will be matched with some yellow and green squash , all done on the grill , going to add to the smoke all ready in the air ....
I started the cigars today with a Bahia Maduro Torpedo , and finisned the columbian , next up a ISOM Monte Corona and a Cold brewed kona .
I picked up a New Escape on Monday , , my old one had 166K , starting to rust , it was 9 years old and the A/C stopped working , the compressor was bad, the guy at the garage , got me into a brand new 18 , ZERO % on the finance and I got all the bells wistles and color I wanted , the ONLY thing I didnt get was the heated steering wheel that I wanted , , I just might be checking the local scrap yards this winter to find a recked one with the heated wheel , who knows it might be a fun swap.

My daughter was in the hospital a few days , she had vertigo , could not stand up or walk , , a few days of bed rest a lot of meds and she went home , the day she got sick was the day she was going to Vegas with a girl friend to celebrate the friends birthday , the friend ended up taking her mother ,,,, and the same day my daugherts husbands grandmother passed away , so it has been a Busy and active week here in da Burgh

yesterday we cut the grass , and let me tell you I am suffering today , sore is just the tip of the iceburgh , everything hurts from my hair to the soles of my feet , every joint every mussell , I am getting to old for this shit, next summer will be the last, , I dont care what the boss has to say about it , , we are both getting way to old to be out in the sun for 4 hours cutting trimming and cleaning up , Lawn service is just over the horizon.

I will be heading to the Qtr.Deck soon , and roll some cigars today I am running low on the daily smokes , so its time to fill the humidor , and maybe take a trip to the local shop and fill in some of the spaces left by not refilling the humidor as often as I should ,

So what are you smoking drinking and cooking ????
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 8/12/18 a cool dry morning here in da Burgh, I havent checked to see what we are in store for today , it might rain , it might not, all I know is what I can see out my window right now and its a nice day so far.

Breakfast was a bacon egg and cheese on a grilled Egg bun with garden fresh tomato, just walked next door , grabbed a nice one off the plant , and that was that.... This mornings coffee is a french roast cold brew , very smooth no hint of bitterness, I kind of miss that , I like a little kick in the taste buds , this one is just a nice cup with out the kick . The boss got Pork chops out of the freezer this morning , I will be grilling them later today with some squash , right out of the garden...... from the same place I got the tomato hahahaha

Grandson #1 is in Oklahoma for a wedding , Grandson #2 didn't go , he hates to fly . and didnt want to miss work ,,,,, cant say that I blame him , I dont mind flying at all, I like it , but missing work well, in a heart beat, lets face it , I am OLD , I dont need a job, I work 2 days a week just to stay out of the bosses way , it give us both a break.....

I did go to Slippery Rock Cigars yesterday , to have a nice visit with some old cigar smoking buddies and pick up a few rolling tips from a master , the guy is so smooth , I wish he spoke more English or I spoke more Spanish . I did pick up a few Don Gonzales 10th anniv . sticks and had a nice chat with the brand owner Pedro Gonzales who was there with Angel the roller ... I did get a nice stack of Habano 2000 wrappers from him . I will be putting them to use asap .

This mornings cigar was a Don Gonzales 10th anniv , Dbl Corona ,,,, Not sure if it was a hit or miss , I will try an other one later , could have been the coffee was taking over the taste buds , could have been the pollen in the air , could have been the truck traffic heading to a leaving the gas well that is going in a miles or so from me , and a combo of all that didnt make for a great smoke. , the One I had yesterday coming home from Slippery rock was much better .... I have no idea what the next smoke will be , could be a ISOM Monte corona , could be a Hava Tampa ,,,, if I had any hahahaha

This Wendsday aug 15 will be my 48th wedding anniv..... just 2 more to go to 50 years with her , it has been a lot of fun , and a lot of tears over the years , so far no one has killed the other hahahaha .

I had the remote starter installed in the new car , now I just set the A/C to come on , start it from the inside of the house, go out to a cool if not COLD car , this winter it will be set the heater and go out to a warm car. Gotta LUV IT .

Ok it getting close to the next cigar and a big mug of kona ....
What are you cooking , drinking and smoking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

HAPPY 48th anniv to the boss, ..... we havent killed each other..... YET

GOOD MORNING , IT IS SUNDAY 8/19/18 a warm over cast day here in da burgh , I was a bit confused this morning when I logged on as the format had changed , I do like it , the SPAM AND BS is gone , execpt for my BS that i bring here every week hahaha .

I started the morning with a big mug of cold brew columbian and a Fuente 858 natural , walking out to the end of the drive way to pick up the Sunday morning paper, , I didnt even look at the front page , just picked it up put it under my arm , shuffeled back to the porch and tossed the paper on the table for the boss to check out , I sat down to finished the coffee and cigar before making breakfast of caso fresco , organic brown eggs and thick slice bacon , some fresh grape tomatoes , plucked from the vine just a few minutes ago, I love having a garden to pull from ,,, even if its not mine hahahaha
I have a hunk of Sirloin defrosting , and a nice head of Callaflower that will hit the grill later today ... simple and easy , just like me .

Friday was my 50th class reunion ,,,,,, some people I havent seen since we graduated , some I had no idea who they were some were instantly reconized .... all I can say is Time has done NONE of us a lot.... I have felt a bit of depression since then , seeing friends as old people has had a profound impact on me , and seeing the 48 classmates who have passed away was a real shock, , I did know a few that were Killed in Viet Nam , but some of the other athletic types who were gone from Illness and accidents was shocking to me .

Last week i did get to pay mister fixit , at one of the grandsons places, the window coverings were replace with new rods and blinds and I got the Privlaage of hanging them .... Not a happy camper, I hate to drill holes in old walls that have had nails and screws all pulled out hammered in , so I drilled and plugged all the new holes attached the rods with expanding screws to hold them in place , he should be good to go for a few years.

Last week was my 48th wedding anniv, we cleebratted by me dilivering cigars to the shop in Butler Pa , and coming home to watch the wife cut the grass as I sat on the back deck and watched her, a glass of Iced coffee and a ISOM Monte #2 in hand
it has been a week just reminding me that I am OLD , hahaha

I want to thank the admin team for a clean new look and allowing me to post here all the years , a lot of BS has been spread a few new friends have been made , a lot of cigars have been smoked and a lot of coffee has been Pissed out and a few bottles of whisky have been enjoyed over the years

So what are you cooking , drinking and smoking today ? Enjoy, Vince

I just noticed the clock is a bit off , it said I posted at 4: 10 Pm , but it was before noon . right now my micky mouses hands are the 12 and the 6 , looks like 12:30 PM to me , I dont know what time the computer will say when I post this . Enjoy, Vince

GOOD AFTERNOON It is Sunday 8/26/18 a humid cloud covered day here in da burgh , we did have a lot of Heavy rain over night , and I slept right through it , didnt get out of bed till almost 11AM , so the boss made her own breakfast today , coffee and toast..... I didnt cook anything my self, I had a fruit cup and a cookie with a few slices of cheese, and that was my "brunch" , I have a sirloin defrosting and it will hit the grill some time around 4 , I think she asked for grilled yams to go with it , so that is what I have planed , that might change when she gets back, she went with our daughter God knows where , so I am unsupervised at the moment scarrrry thought hahahaha , but I have a fair supply of cigars, coffee and scotch,,,, what more do I need, ???

Not much going on this past week , I guess no news is good news , I did smoke a few OLD cigars this past week , a Don Carlos #4 from 2010 , an AVO #2 from 2008 and a Rocky vintage 92 Churchill I have had in the humidor since Christmas 2000. ,,, Maybe my taste bud are failing like my hearing , eye site and skin , hair , and stamina , but I didnt get a lot of that OLD flavor from any of them , maybe just to long in the humi? today I have a verrrry old ISOM Monte Corona from the 1980's , a mug of Cuban coffee, and a small snifter of 21 year old Cuban Rum, ,,,, wish me luck on the taste bud working today ,,, dammm I hope they are up to the challenge

, I think its time for me to put on some pants and get my ass outside and fir up the cigar .....
so what are you cooking, drinking and smoking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 2 Sept.18 a HOT HUMID day here in da Burgh . Summer is almost in the rear view mirror , the school busses are holding up traffic in the morning and after school and the state road dept, is in hurry up mode to get stuff done Before the snow , , in my area Crider road is closed as a new bridge and road bed are being put in , the detour is Lovi Road , I live on Lovi Road , and the state in all its wisdom thought hey lets resurface the detour before we open the new road , so the traffic from Crider was shifted to Lovi , now BOTH are closed .... I live about 250 yards from the intersection of Lovi and state rt 989 , it took me 10 minutes to get home last tuesday , stop , start move one car length, wait , repeat, , they chewed up the old black top left us with gravel , it was rolled , and sprayed with water to help with the dust , and they put up a sign , NO PAVEMENT MARKINGS , dammm there is no pavement , its been like that about a week now , the under the road drains are in , and I have a huge hole in the corner of my yard where they dug out for the drain but havent completed any of the work , just a big hole and no saftey cones around, just a big ditch right on the side of the road, almost as big as a Fiat 500 ..... small car big hole ..
Breakfast this morning was some grilled Casso Fresco ( fresh made cheese ) , bacon and eggs a pot of Prouvian coffee and a slice of watermelon
I will be making chicken and rice for later today ,
I have a Rocky edge ready to light for the first cigar today and a BIG Salomon maduro from my friend Pedro Gonzalez to go with a snifter of aged Rum and a mug of Cuban coffee this after noon , lunch will be a slice of peach pie , and with that in the belly , let the drinking get started, but I do need to get the chicken and rice going and I dont want to be drunk and be playing with sharp knives hahahaha ,,, But I will do my best.
Labor day , I will be at work , dammm how did that happen ??? should be an easy day , I dont see any major projects to deal with , maybe a few transfers between our shop and the one in robinson Twp. about a 30 min. trip each way . , should be a good day for cigars and coffee I hope. ..... I have a few things to get going on , so thats about all I have now ,

what are you drinking , smoking and cooking ??? Enjoy, Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.