Sunday Morning Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening it is Friday 1/18/19 a chilly wet evening here in da Burgh
I went to the dentist on Thursday had a few pulled and a temporary bridge put in , when I got up this morning , before I had coffee or anything I rinsed my mouth out with warm water , and a hunk of the bridge came out , the last 3 three on the right side , it sort of freeked me out , I called the office and was told to wait till monday, well that didnt go well with me , I paid BIG Bucks IN Cash , and it was not sitting well with me to be put off, dont you have a back up for the regular dentist for an emergency ? sorry was the answer no one is available till monday ,,,, well this group has 5 different offices in the Pittsburgh area , and NO ONE is available untill monday, mind you this is before 11 AM on Friday , sorry no one till monday, , so I guess I need to call a different dentist office and pay them to fix your mistake ,,,, scilence from the poor girl on the other end , she was just a clerk answering the phone , I told her to call some on with DDS ant the end of there name and have them calle back , she did agree to that ,,,, I got the office manager not a DDS calling back in a few minutes ,,, nothing till monday , Now I am getting a little short tempered, and have a gaping hole in my jaw where the temp broke off , Im sucking air into an open wound , I tell he I NEED a doc to call me and meet me at the office , sorry not till monday no one is available , I tell them I am heading to the ER and then to the next person on my list is my Lawyer ..... PLEASE dont do that , I will get some one to call you back asap..... I take a pain pill and go to sleep at 4PM the phone rings its the Dentist , she will meet me at the office in 15 minutes , I am sound asleep with the help of some oxycodon , I live about 15 minutes from the office with out any traffic , and its now 4 PM and all the traffic is getting heavy and the road I would take is closed due to construction so I have a detour with all the other traffic, , we get there she is waiting , , gets me in the chair gets the gas on , and starts to fix whats broken , about an hour or so I am heading home , it was a rotten day all round , , soft scrambled eggs and pudding are all I am able to get in my mouth , , it hurts to chew the eggs , so I am sticking to the pudding ,,,, NO CIGARS for a few days , but coffee is allowed, but no scotch with the Oxy .... dammmmm

Good afternoon , it is Sunday 1/20/19 a COLD snow covered day here in da Burgh , I am about 20 miles NW of Pittsburgh and we were spared by the BIG snow , we got rain until after midnight last night and when I went to bed it was 35F so the snow didnt start till early this morning , the weatherman said were were going to get about 14 inches , we got less than 5 the rain was some sort of the blessing as you dont need to shovel it but it froze under the snow and everything is covered with ice , the temp right now is only 18F , going down to between 0 and 5 F tonight , , glad I dont need to go out for anything today , . I havent had a cigar since Wensday eve. I had a bunch of teeth pulled on thursday afternoon and a tempory plate put in , , right now I am still having some pain but am trying to get some solid food in , , eggs and tofu was breakfast with coffee and fresh squeezed OJ , the Boss had toast and eggs , no tofu , she isnt a fan , I will be making Ravalli with sauce later today , I should be able to chew that .
I have been able to sip a lot of coffee but no scotch , not a good mix with the pain pills ,,,,, Hummmm maybe I should before bed tonight .... . I have been sleeping a lot since thursday , I was at the dentist office from 1 till after 7 , sound a sleep most of the time , ahhhhh great medication.... , I need to go back on the 30th or the 31 st of the month for more work , I do have a few stiches hanging in the back , gives my tongue some thing to play with hahahaha.

My last cigar was an Opus X toro , I washed it down with a snifter of 16 YO Laugavullin , I thought I might as well go top shelf as it will be a few days before my next cigar , and as Cold as it is here today , even if I could have a cigar , its just way to cold to heat the Qtr.Deck , I could go to the local Tavern but then I would need to shovel the drive way and warm up the car, well I dont need to do that if I just sit on my ass and let God remove the snow , he put it there , I have nothing to do so I will let him remove it , the weather man said by Wendsday it will be in the 40's , so I will just wait hahahahaha .

the Sun is out and the wind is from the SW , its still under 20F but a great looking day
so what are you cooking smoking and drinking today ! ??????
Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon it is Sunday 1/27/19 a Cold over cast day here in da Burgh , we have a few inches of snow on the ground but the road crew has the salt and plow trucks out and the roads are in fine shape , not much going on , I havent been out much all week , yesterday I did attend the NOG And Grog at Allegheny Smoke Works in Blawnox Pa , it is about 35 miles from me , but it was nice to get out and see some old friends , the NOG ( egg nog) and Grog ( Booze ) is an event that has become the kick off to the cigar crawl , in the past it was a time to make a deposit on the upcoming festivitys , sort of a way to make sure you get a seat on the bus , How ever , after 20 years of running the crawl Rob has retired and turned the event over to his helpers over the past few years, and they were NO Shows at the nog and grog so I was not able to make my down payment , , that was the only reason I went to Blawnox , since I am not smoking at this time , , I had orders from the Boss , No cigars till the Dentist tells me its ok , I go back this coming Thursday , the Tempory plate is a bit painfull yet I sure hope the next step helps this , I am able to eat almost everything I have tryed so far , I do want to bite into a nice hunk of Porterhouse or a rib steak , but right now I dont think I could without a lot of pain , so today I have Cod that will be baked in Phiollo dough with spinich and Feta cheese.
Yesterday was a busy day here , beside going to ASW it was one of the nephews 30th birthday , so we went to his place for a little hot sausage , meatball sandwiches and a great hunk of cake , the cake was a layer of cheesecake between 2 layers of scratch made Strawberry cake , covered with a whipped cream icing . just GREAT Not over sweet , but just enough to satisfy the sweet tooth .

Breakfast was Oatmeal with raisins for the boss , I passed on the raisins , but I did put a few drops of Maple syrup in mine ..... NO Cigars , but I have stopped taking the Pain Meds , it still hurts a bit but I dont see any difference when I take the meds and when I dont , it is still tender , and if they dont help why should I even bother with them ?
The youngest grandson who just turned 21 was here to set up Barbs New I Pad , she has been using her Android 32 GB tablet and has been having problems with it for the past few months , so now she has a 128 GB I pad and is getting used to it ...... switching from android to apple based is going well for her so far .

I guess thats about all I have today , I hope to have a cigar ASAP , but I will listen to the dentist and the boss ....
What are you cooking smoking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon it is Sunday 2/3/19 a warm sunny day here in da Burgh , last week we hit a MINUS 25 F today its 50 f a difference of 75 Degrees ,,,, ahhh yes Global warming my ass ....
its been a quiet week here I went back to the dentist on Thursday , got a new temp on top , and an adjustment on the bottom partial , dont go back till next month for the perminate No cigars since I had all the teeth pulled my o my , I was driving the boss crazy, but I was able to start back up after we left the dentist on Thursday , and Friday I had a few ans Saturday I went to the Qtr.Deck for the first time in 18 days , 3 cigars and a few drams of scotch a pot of coffee and a lot of Jazz on the CD player .
Breakfast this morning was a toasted breakfast sandwich, , egg , swiss ,bacon and roasted peppers , washed down with a pot of Ethopian estate coffee , right now I have a pot of columbian AA and a Cameroon Fuente churchill working in the Qtr.Deck , and since its Sunday I had a nice hunk O Chuck with potatoes, onions , Garlic,carrots and celery , the boss was happy .
so its stupid bowl sunday , BIG deal , I havent watched an entire game all season if you added all the minutes of foot ball I watched , I bet 75% was on the news.... just dont get excited about it any more .
well its getting late and I have a lot of cigar to finish and a lot of coffee to drink , Enjoy, Vince
What are you smoking cooking and drinking today ?

Good morning it is Sunday 2/10/19 a cold but bright sunny day here in da Burgh , we are expecting snow today about 4 PM , but right now it is just a great looking day but COLD 17 F ... BURRRRR
Last Friday at 10 PM #2 grandson started a new part time job with Victus radio .com an internet radio station out of Chicago but his studio is here in his home , its all done on the internet , he can take requests and get emails when he is on the air or I guess on the net , ,,, it was a 3 hour music show , I did make it first the first 2 hours ,,, he payed some stuff I liked and a lot of stuff I have never ever wanted to listen to ... but it was nice to hear his voice and all you need to listen is a computer , his show was about the upcoming Valentines day ... I dont know what Victus radio has in the way of music , I havent listened before last friday , one day I will check it out when he isnt on and see whats all going on .

We started the chilllllly day with Oatmeal and raisins and a BIG BOLD Mexican coffee , well it said big and bold on the package,,,,, not so much in the mug. it was good but could have been better . , I have a Hunk O beef as always , but today its not a chuck roast its a sirloin steak ,,,, it has been in the freezer a long time it just kept getting bypassed for some thing else , so today he hits the heat.
I have the Qtr.Deck heated up all ready & will be heading out with a Bahia gold Maduro and a mug of coffee asap , I havent checked the coffee inventory to see what the next pot will be , I am out of Kona dammmmm how did that happen ????
the new teeth are are a bit uncomfortable yet , I go back on the 5th of next month for a tweek on the bite , the partial plate ( just 5 Teeth ) on the bottom is the one giving me the most trouble the upper bridge is fine . I guess being this old its a natural way of life the ones I was born with just didnt last , like knees , hips and some internal organs that need meds to keep me going . Even my skin is starting to show signs of age , little bumps that never bothered me now turn black and blue , where did that come from , and a few joints in my hands are stiff , the snap , crackle and pop just like rice crispys , and I find I am using a lot of bandaids on my self, get an itch scratch it Bingo it starts to bleed .... being old isnt much fun but getting her was a BLAST . even the wife said she is feeling old , well the daughter is 46, the grandsons are 21 and 23 , we will be married 49 years this august , so I guess we are old , BUT I am still waiting the the wisdom that comes with age hahahahahaha , my attitude is that of a 12 year old , but my body asks if I am dead yet ! hahaha , Time for me to get going and fire up the cigar and start the coffee ,
so what are you cooking drinking and smoking today ?? Enjoy, Vince

Good Morning , it is Sunday 2/17/19 a chilly overcast day here in da Burgh , not much going on here , same old BS that has been going on for Years , the hunk O beef is on the menu as 99% of the time , after all its Sunday and a happy wife is a happy life , Breakfast was a hot pepper cheese, onion , garlic and roasted yellow pepper scrambled egg with a pot of East African coffees , a dab of this and that , not enough of one to make a pot by it self , I think there were 4 different coffees in the mix all roasted by our local roaster in New Brighton Pa , the Hallowed grounds ,,, a great place to go . I have been drinking their coffee more than the stuff I roast my self , Im just getting LAZY .

the new teeth are still hard to get used to , , My bite is off and I find it uncomfortable to bit through a tuff crust on Pizza , or bread , I cant wait to try con on the cob , that will be a test .... I havent tried an apple or steak yet , the partial on the bottom is given me more trouble than the top, , OK I have a better looking smile , but it isnt worth the pain .

The grandsons will be moving at the end of the month , #1 bought a 4 bedroom house and #2 is getting his own one bedroom Apt. they found out they are not good room mates , one is a night owl who like a lot of company and the other an early riser who likes QUIET and not have people over , so they decieded it was time to part ways before they kill each other hahahahaha

I have no idea what I will be smoking this afternoon , it might be a Hemingway masterpiece or a Bahia Gold maduro robusto , maybe both , or maybe some thing else , who knows
the time has come for me to make a choice , get the kona out of the pot and into the mug , figure out what to smoke , get some pants on , turn on the heat in the Qtr.Deck ... that is first on the list get the heat on , and wait till its ready before I get going ,

What are you smoking drinking and eating today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 2/24/19 a warm windy day here in da Burgh , the temp is 57F and we have reached our high for the day as the wind is picking up , right now we have 20/25 MPH winds with gusts into the 30 's but later the weather man said the winds will be in the mid to upper 30's with gusts hitting 60 + MPH ..... with all the rain we have been having the ground is starting to slide down a lot of hills , we expect a lot of outages , down trees and blocked roads ... right now it sounds like a train going by , but I am 5 or 6 miles from the tracks .... not looking forward to the upcoming weather.

we started the day with a toasted English muffin with swiss cheese, bacon and egg with tomato. the coffee is a Monsoon from India . I have the Sunday morning kona ready to brew , ( Before the power goes out , ) & an Opus X corona to go with the kona today, Nothing like starting the day with a kick in the pants smoke , what cigar will I have later , I have no idea .....
we are taking a pass on the hunk o beef today and having some fish , right now there are 2 COD fillets defrosting in the kitchen sink , they will be wrapped in a pastry crust with spinich , feta cheese and Vidallia onion .

the Grandsons are moving to seperate places on the first of the month , Chase ( #1 ) bought a home in Ambridge Pa , and Jonas (#2 ) is renting an Apt. in Baden Pa , they found out that they cant live together , just different life styles, , I is a night owl and 2 is an early riser..... so they are like oil and water .

I go back to the dentist on the 5th of next month , the new teeth are a real pain , the bite is not correct, the gums are sore under the 4 bottom front teeth , making it hard to hold a cigar in my mouth ,,,, I do enjoy a cigar as often as I can ...... and a weee dram of whisky to soothe the soul and a big mug of coffee to wash it all down !

The wind is picking up we have brought in the American flag and a few of the yard decorations , No reason to let them get damaged by the high winds or blown away , as the winds increase the temp is dropping , we expect snow by 7 pm , glad I have nothing on the adgenda for the next few days ,,, nothing till Thursday and Friday , 2 different days 2 different docs ,,,, both at the VA in Butler Pa , cant get them back to back , so 2 seperate trips , its about 25/30 miles , and I can stop at the cigar shop in Butler and the coffee shop in Evans City on the way home so its a win win for me .
its time to go brew the Kona.
What are you smoking drinking and cooking ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good Morning it is Sunday 3/3/19 a chilly over cast day here in da Burgh , right now its a chilly 33F and the weather man said we could get some snow today , from 1 to 7 inches or more ... we are near the dividing line between zones , it all depends on mother nature how far north the snow will be the southern County's are getting hit for sure , but I am NW of the Burgh and we might get a BY Pass on the big amount and end up with 1 to 3 inches , not that any is good at all but Ill be happy with 3 instead of 7 or more .

A big bowl of oatmeal was today's start , the coffee was from India and I have a Columbian working right now , it will be consumed with a Graycliff Toro and a snifter of Robert Burns Single malt with Dave Brubeck on the CD player , yes its a bit early to start just a few minutes after 11 AM but its 5 PM some place and you cant drink all day if you don't start early hahahaha

The Magic of the Hunk O beef was evident this morning as I sliding it into the oven I noticed a smile on the wife . a great way to start the day , happy wife happy life . Last night we went for our trip to Charbucks , and a cigar for me and listened to Cousin Brucey on the 6 on XM radio , the hits from the 60's all the great bands and some not so great but had a few great songs , some DO WOP , some cross over country, a lot of great music came out of the 60's , I was listing to the Kingston Trio , Simon & Garfinkle , Triny Lopez, Motown and the English Invasion , along with the surfer sounds and ever and old crooner tossed in here and there from Pat Boone to the Chairman of the board himself , Frank Sinatra .... it was a great mix of music with a lot of phone calls and give a ways ...
The grandsons are in the midst of moving to seperate places , #1 bought a home across the street from his mother , and #2 is renting an apt. in the same building as one of her Jobs is in ..... you can cut the apron strings and still stay close , but thats way to close for me ... when I left for the Navy many years ago I never moved back home . or even close , well I was about 10 or 12 miles at one time now its closer to 15 , yep its close but I have been at this address 40 + years and my next move will be to Silvania Hills , the local Grave yard , all ready have my property bought and paid for .
Its Getting closer to noon and I still need to get dressed , pour my scotch and fire up the cigar ....
What are you drinking smoking and eating today ? Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 3/10/19 Back to daylight savings time ...... it is a stupid consept in my opinion , I had it explaned to me by a Native American ,,,, Only the white man will cut off the bottom of the blanket , sew it to the top and think he has a longer blanket. ,,,, PROFOUND WORDS
, it is a somewhat warm day here in da Burgh 55 F allready , not even noon yet , the skys are about 80% covered in dark gray clouds but the weather man said no rain . Im not so sure, my knees hurt and my hands are cramping a bit , I trust my body more than all the millions of dollars worth of equipment the weather man has .

The Grandsons are both moved to there new places , #1 is in Ambridge and has a 20 year payment ahead of him , he bought his first home at 23 ,,,, should be paid for by the time he is 43 if all is well , #2 is in an apartment , in Baden and the moves all went ,,, verrrrry cold below 0 wind chills , rain snow and sleet but its all done .

I had a bit of a problem with my comcast account , , it took a few calls to the service center in wherever people speak english as a third or forth language but I am back on line

Breakfast was a grilled english muffin with swiss cheese bacon egg and tomato , it went down with a pot of Columbian coffee , I will put the kona on later , we are in the midst of a worderfull hunk O beef the marbeling is great looking , almost like a slab of koby beef but at 2.98 a pound it is far from it , but it looks great I have a feeling it will be mouth watering , should be ready about 4 pm. I hope the new teeth are up to the task .....

I have a nice selection of cigars picked out for today first up with the kona will be a Fuente 858 Sungrown , next is a Bahia Maduro , and after that I have no idea , depends on what I decide to drink later .

What are you cooking, smoking and drinking today?
Enjoy, Vince

Good Morning , it is Sunday 3/17/19 a cool bright sunny morning here in Da Burgh , 32 F with a 15 MPH wind it is a bit uncomfortable out , no morning walk today , I just dont feel like dealing with the windchill , the hands get cold and uncomfortable holding a cigar And I m not walking without the cigar , someone might think I was walking for my health hahaha , I made a pot of IRISH Oatmeal this morning , raisins for the wife Peanut butter for me a pot of weak Indian Monsoon coffee , I have no idea why it was so weak , the amount of coffee and water were the same as always , the brew time hasent changed , but the coffee was thin and pale , the pot was cleaned last Tuesday and was fine untill this morning , , instead of using the second pot for the Sunday kona I will make it in the pot I used this morning and see if its a heat problem , but I dont want to mess up the kona so I guess it will be the fall back Columbian coffee next .

In the kitchen I have some chicken defrosting , yes Chicken not beef , it will go in the oven later with some rice .... NO BEEF hahahaha
I have a busy week with the doc's coming up Monday its the eye doc , the injections into the eyeball start again , the sugar is playing havoc with my retina , some internal bleeding is clouding my vision , then to the Urilogist in the afternoon Tuesday I start out with the dentist for the new partial on the bottom , then on to the oncoligest for an infusion , I just was at the chiropractor and the poditrest this past week , so what specilist do I need now ?

Dammmm I almost forgot , A happy St.Paticks day to you all , a Celebration of a man who was not Irish or ever made a saint by the church ,,, so its a great way to have a reason to have a weeeeeeee dram , & I promise to do just that , maybe a bit more than just a weeeeee dram hahahahaha .

No news on the grandsons to pass on so I guess I am about done , I dont want to get political and comment on the NZ shootings other than its just not right to Kill anyone .

What are you smoking drinking and cooking today , ??? , I will be starting out the day with a Padron 1964 anniv. Princippe maduro and move deeper into the humidor later today , who knows what I might uncover !!!

.I welcome you comments , lets get a dialog going , Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon , its a cloud covered day here in da Burgh a little chilly as the mercury is almost at 50 F . I took a short walk this afternoon with a cigar and coffee a bahia Maduro robusto and a mug of Columbian , I parked my tired body in the Qtr.Deck and finished it after a 20 minute blast though the country side ,After a big breakfast of cheese blintzs and sour cream with bananas . the sunday hunk o beef went in soon after and I spent most of the day with a mug of coffee and a cigar , listening to NPR news and some of the game shows I turned on the music , started out with New age stuff from Enya and Shadowfax , went to Tangerine dream, ended up with Dave Brubeck .
I get to go back to the oncoigest on Tuesday for an infusion again , its sure was fun getting old not much fun being old
between going to the doctors and dentist I dont get much more done and bingo its the weekend again .
I have been on the cell phone with comcast a few times since friday evening when all 3 went out at the same time , , the light on my modum was a solid red , the troubleshooter in whereinthewourlastan with an accent so thick I was not able to understand him or her , tells me if the light was flashing it was fixable , if its solid I need a new one , well its 9:30 pm , nothing open no service call available till Wendsday , so Im S O L , , a few hours go by and the light is white and I have service , but it comes and goes , I have had to reboot 2 times since I started to post here today ..... Nothing like paying for service and not getting it , when I turn the switch on the light it comes on , I pay the damm bill to the electric company , and I pay comcast , I expect the same service for the amount I pay , if I could get fios in my area I would , but its not availble , I had a dish for a few years in fact it is still on the roof But every time it rained I lost my connection , so I went to comcast at first it was just fine , TV, internet and Phones all 3 for 99 bucks a month , now its up to almost 200 a month and the service is POOR to say the lest. NOT a happy camper at all.
I have a cigar in the Qtr.Deck calling my name so I got to go , Enjoy, Vince

Good mornng it is Sunday 3/31/19 a cold wet day here in da Burgh , so much for March conning in like a lion and going out like a lamb , , today we have a bit of snow in the air , but it is melting as it hits the ground , we had rain most of the night and the temp yesterday was in the 60's , today we hope to hit the mid 40's , I have the heat all ready on in the Qtr.Deck and will be going out soon after I finish this .....

I have a Busy week ahead , Monday to the doc for a B12 shot , Tues to the chiropracter , wed. to the eye doc , thursday to the dentist again , so far friday is open ..... so far , dammm its good I am retired as I dont have time for a job anymore its all doc and dentists all the time , soon I will just be an experament in how to stay alive in your old age , I dont know when but soon hahahaha .

breakfast this morning was a big steaming bowl of oatmeal , a warm start to a cold day and today there will be NO HUNK O BEEF ,,,, I have fish that will be baked in a crust with spinach and feta cheese , Last Sundays hunk O beef was outstanding , a verrrrrry well marbeled chuck roast , it just melted in your mouth , with the sour cream gravy it was short of GRAND but right in the top 10 /maybe 15 .....
Friday I went to the Perogie route , a dumpling like dough that is filled like ravollie but the filling is mashed potato , cottage cheese or Sour Kraut , covered in melted butter and onions cooked in the butter , a Large amount of gas was produced by the kraut and onions hahahaha ,,, cant blame that one or the next one on the dog hahahaha
We had a very nice cigar ride last night almost 3 hours of going no place at all just hitting the road and triyg to avoid construction zones , after a pit stop at Charbucks in Cranberry Twp we put on in excess of 100 miles , I Finished a Hemmingway masterpiece on the ride , a great smoke , with the doubble espresso I added to the dark roast black coffee it was a cause for the taste buds to dance ,,,, and dance they did, we tuned in Cousin Brucie on XM #6 and listened to the music we listened to back when we were YOUNG hahahaha , I love the music of the 40's but my wife is not a big fan of that , the 50's are great , the 70's are good the 80/90 BS is OK at times , but I just cant get into trap or some of the country music , give me Jazz, some classical , New age , and ROCK ,
I dont want ear splitting loud , I want laid back soft rock , pass on the punk rock , a little heavy metal at times is o k , but Dave Brubeck is my go to for cigar relaxation. a snifter of scotch a fine cigar , a piano , upright base, and a drummer , a dimmly lit club with not a lot of table talk , my idea of a great night out .

the boss just came in from the Qtr.Deck said it was up to 50 so I will be heading out in about 15 dregees from now , once it its 65 I should be good to go , I will be starting the day with a Casa Fuente corona in the Humidor for 5 years , and a mug of Kona , after that I have no idea what I might want ,,,, I will need to figure it out when the time comes .... Maybe a Marsh Wheeling or a El Producto hahahahaha
so what are you drinking smoking and cooking ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon it is Sunday 4/7/19 a warm but cloud covered day here in Da Burgh , the grass is starting to turn green and the flowers are starting to show the bright yellow color of spring , I might go for a walk later , but not to far I might get tired hahaha , I just want to grab the rocking chair and sit in the littlle bit of sun we have , with a big mug of coffee and a cigar , that sounds better than walking with the cigar and coffee hahaha
last week my grandson stopped for a cigar , stayed the night , my wife went to bed about midnight and we stayed in the Qtr.Deck till almost 1 am , so my wife was suprised when she got up and he was on the couch , I made breakfast for all 3 of us and he headed home for a shower , change of clothes and took off for a conference in a Cleveland suburb , a gathering of the Geek squad for Best Buy , I can just imagine the stimulating conversations going on , so tech driven I wonder if any have an idea of just having fun playing softball or skydiving hahahaha , I kid the nerds in all of us , at times I wish I knew what I wasdoing , like being able to block numbers on my land line , sure I can do it on my cell , but havent got arround to it on the land line , I dont know how to get an app to do that , sooner or later I will ask my grandson & in a few seconds it will be done !
we are drinking a mexican coffee this week Chapaus , is the name , its a medium roast nice flavor but not strong enough for my taste buds , after a few days I will sit down and give it a good evaluation , right now , im just drinking it with out much thought .
the hunk o beef is in and ready for the spuds in a few minutes ,,,, its is so nice out we have the kitchen window open , and I might just sit on the back deck instead of the qtr.deck , , no I want to listen to some music and its all in the Qtr.Deck , I dont feel like unpluging it to bring it outside , so I might , just park myself in the Q D with the doors open wide
well its that time ,

What are you cooking drinking and smoking ???
Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon , it is a wet cool spring day here in Da Burgh , yesterday we celebrated My wife 70th Birthday but it was a day late , her Birthday was Friday but Saturday was a day the family was able to get together , so we had a Wonderful homemade cake , a cheese cake in between two layers of a maginificent strawberry cake , covered with a sour cream frosting , it was GREAT ..... our nephews Fiancee made it , a real labor of love .

Breakfast this morning was just the standard Bacon and eggs , a pot of Columbian and a slice of birthday cake instead of toast for me hahaha I will be going out to the Qtr.Deck soon its only 47F with rain so the walk I planed on taking was scarped but the cigar was not hahaha , a cameroon wrapped Churchill and coffee with a weeee dram ( just to overcome the chill ) hahaha

I am going to make pork chops in an alfrado sauce today , no hunk o beef ..... no wonder its raining hahahaha I havent been told what side I will be making its up to her , so whatever she wants she gets .
Not much going on here , its been a slow week just a few cigars here and there , a lot of coffee a fair amount of scotch and a honey do list all caught up ......

so what are you drinking , cooking and smoking this week ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 4/21/19 , Easter Sunday , a wet cool day here in da Burgh , 45 F and overcast , it has been raining off and on all night and this morning , the out door sunrise service was very wet .
. a quiet week here , nothing to tell you , just a week of passing time getting ready for the next day .
I do have a ham for today , we made the Macaroni salad yesterday so I will be getting the yams on soon and the Green beans with bacon will be a bit later , everything should be ready to go at 3:30 , we are going to Barbs sisters for desert about 5:30/6:00 , I hope its not still raining , so my Brother in law and I can go out to his back porch for a cigar and a weeeeee dram hahaha

This morning I made a pot of Oatmeal , raisins for the boss and a banana for me , the coffee was unremarkable , dont know what it was , but I hope there isnt much more of it , I didnt ask the boss about it she didnt care much for it so I hope she didnt get a lot of it , it wasnt bad , but it wasnt grand , , , the pot is almost empty I dont think I will be finishing it , I will be making a fresh pot of some thing to stand up to the ISOM Cohiba my brother brought back from his last vacation , it picked up a box at a Habanos dealer , I did have one from the box when he got home , and now there are 8 left , , I plan on lighting it soon ,,,, I should wait for after dinner , but I only have one , and I am not sharing it hahahahaha . I dont like to smoke something when I dont have one of the same to share ,,, so I will smoke it before we go to the inlaws hahahahah , my Brother in law s go to smoke is a 60 ring La Gloria series R , Mine is the Don Carlos #3 a corona size , so I have a few larger ring cigars for him , hoping he might have a corona or 2 for me , we will find out when we get there .
so its out to the Qtr.Deck , turn on the heat and wait for it to get warm , 45 is just to chilly to sit and smoke , its way to wet out to walk with a cigar and coffee so I will just stay inside till the Qtr.Deck is warm then I will go out and fire up the Cohiba .

What are you cooking smoking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 5/5/19 a cool wet day here in da Burgh , I started the day with a 3 wrapper toro a barber pole with Conn, Maduro and candella , a bit on the sweet side but an ok smoke , No idea what will be next the coffee this morning was Mexican with a columbian pot in the ready
I didnt post last week and no one seamd to care no comments , no questions , where are you or anything , so I guess I am talking to an empty house , but thats ok , I post here for fun , if some one reads it fine, if they comment even better but I would like to here from some one some time , m,ake this a discussion not a monolog.
So what are you cooking eating , drinking and smoking today ?
Enjoy , Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 5/5/19 a cool wet day here in da Burgh , I started the day with a 3 wrapper toro a barber pole with Conn, Maduro and candella , a bit on the sweet side but an ok smoke , No idea what will be next the coffee this morning was Mexican with a columbian pot in the ready
I didnt post last week and no one seamd to care no comments , no questions , where are you or anything , so I guess I am talking to an empty house , but thats ok , I post here for fun , if some one reads it fine, if they comment even better but I would like to here from some one some time , m,ake this a discussion not a monolog.
So what are you cooking eating , drinking and smoking today ?
Enjoy , Vince
Hi Vince, I have read your Sunday Morning Smoke for a long time(different forums etc..) and always look forward to reading your post every Sunday :)
Take care and keep posting!

Reactions: 1 users
Good morning it is Monday 5/20/19 a cool overcast day here in da Burgh .
THANK YOU drjammer, you are the first to respond to my posts in a long time , there was a time when this posting was a conversation not a monolog , so again THANK YOU

so what are you cooking smoking and drinking?
I will be back Sunday with a rundown of the weeks Bullshit , Enjoy, Vince

Reactions: 1 users
Good morning it is Monday 5/20/19 a cool overcast day here in da Burgh .
THANK YOU drjammer, you are the first to respond to my posts in a long time , there was a time when this posting was a conversation not a monolog , so again THANK YOU

so what are you cooking smoking and drinking?
I will be back Sunday with a rundown of the weeks Bullshit , Enjoy, Vince
You are welcome Vince, see you on Sunday :)
I usually have 1 cigar a day, mostly like fuller bodied cigars (Joya de Nicaragua, LFD etc..) accompanied by a diet A&W rootbeer.

Good afternoon it is Sunday May 26,2019 a wet humid and hot day here in da Burgh. the way it has been raining I am looking for Noah and all the animals getting ready for the next flood .....
a thick slab of bacon was sliced this morning and eggs were cooked in the bacon fat , Dont cook bacon with out a shirt,,,,, it is very warm so all I had on was my shorts and slippers when I made breakfast , got a nice burn on the belly , if it wasnt for all the hair I might have been burnt worse, it will be fine in a few days . the AC is on and the oven has todays hunk O beef tucked into a cast iron pot just waiting for 4 PM to be consumed .
we have the 17 year locusts in full blume they are every place outside , a few weeks of this then it will be the stink bugs ,,,,, whats after that only God knows .
Every Friday night at 10:30 Eastern time zone my grandson Jonas has a live internet radio show on www.Victusradio.com , if you have the time tune him in , pick a song from the play list and he will read your dedication on the air and play the song,,,, granted some of the stuff on his playlist I have never heard of , but he has some jazz and classic rock to go with the bullshit of today , probably just what our parents and grandparents said about our music back in the 50's when i was growing up .
I am working on a pot of Peaberry and will be enjoying a little Kona soon , this mornings cigar was a Padron 1964 anniv . Principe maduro , I love that little cigar , it gets the taste buds all fired up for the day . I will be lighting up the Don Carlos #3 with the Kona when I finish this posting.
The Indy 500 will be starting soon , My Daughter and son in law are there hoping for NO RAIN.

Monday is Memorial Day the time we give thanks to all the Brothers and Sisters who paid the Highest price for our freedom . it is the un-offical start of summer , I plan on visiting the Graves of some of my fellow vets , no cookout , no party just quiet reflection.

What are you Smoking, eating and drinking
Enjoy, Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.