Sunday Morning Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning , it is Sunday 6/2/19 a cool wet day here in da Burgh ,,,,, will it ever stop raining ? my yard is a swamp the road was resurfaced last summer and the contractor installed some drainage ditches under the road on the edge of my yard between my home the the field that the BIG angus McStud used to roam , I have lived here over 45 years and never had any runoff in the yard , now I have a 6 foot wide ditch all cut by the water running into my yard , I called the contractor , and the state , no action or even a reply from anyone , I think it might be time for a letter to the news paper , the work on the road distroyed a peach tree and damaged a crab apple tree , buried my garlic patch , and removed all the crocus flowers on the property line , I was told by the contractor when the work was going on that it would be taken care of and like so many polittions the words were with out meaning . all they did was plant some grass , no stone was added now I have a breading ground for bugs and a pool of stagnent water . the contractor told me they can only go 6 feet from the road bed , after that its on me BULLSHIT , I didnt have a water problem until you fixed the road . I can fix it by going to the other side of the road and plug up the pipe , keep all the water on that side of the road and let it wash out that side keeping my yard high and dry ,,,,, nothing that a big beach ball cant fix ! Jam that big SOB in the pipe cover it with leaves and I am DONE and dry .....

Breakfast this morning was a grilled cresent roll with hot pepper cheese ,tomato ,bacon and eggs , coffee was a blend of 3 Africian coffees , about equial parts of all 3 I dont know what they were off hand , now I am working on a pot of Kona , it is Sunday and the morning smoke will be a DC3 , but it will not be outside on the back deck it will be in side the Qtr Deck as todays high will be a chilly 69 F with 10 to 15 MPH NW wind , its like an October day .
Today would be a good day for a hunk O beef but I have some pork chops defrosting and they will be going on the grill later today , I dont know what I will be making to go with them , Im sure I will be able to find some thing to make .

with all the rain we have had a lot of power outages as trees fall into the wires and some times bring down the poles , the ground is moving , and the hills are answering the call of gravity . All the rain even has the birds messed up , we had a white dove crash into the side of the house , it must have been a pet as it had a band on one leg , the bird must have been evading a redtail hawk that lives across the road , after a few minutes it got going again but it didnt go very high , just a few feet off the ground when it went over the fence and vanished into the trees .

Friday night was a fine show from my grandson Jonas ( #2 ) Internet radio show he had so many requests he extending his play time almost an extra hour before returning to the autoplay computer . he was getting requests from England and the USA its Victusradio.com at 10:30 eastern time , , he has a little bit of everything on his play list , you can click on a song and request he pays it and it will fall in line with all the requests , he reads the dedication and plays the song , just like a regular radio station .

its about time for me to get my pants on and get started with the day hahahaha

What are you cooking , smoking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Reactions: 1 users
Good afternoon it is Sunday 6/9/19 a warm sunny day here in da Burgh , today my son in law turned 48 and we had a little suprise for him at the Eagles club in Ambridge Pa this morning , , by noon he was feeling the sweet bliss of Beer and Irish whisky ..... nothing like a morning BUZZZZ

breakfast was french toast and the coffee was a pot of Purivian Estate coffee , we left for the Eagles after that , so I didnt get my Kona or Don Carlos this morning , I just finished an Alec Bradly churchill , and will be grabbing something else soon , , I have the day off from cooking as the eagles had chicken and pasta so I lucked out on all fronts , I had planned on chicken and rice here at home but it will be on the menu for Monday , the chicken is defrosted so it will get cooked asap .

I am getting my 2 maple trees removed this comming week , I planted them when we moved here 40+ years ago one had a big spot of rot in the trunk and the boss is afraid the wind will drop it on the house so its comming down the other tree isnt as bad but since the guy will be here why come back in a year of 2 and do the second tree, so its comming down as well , sure going to miss the shade , but not the leaves in the fall and the seeds in the spring.... I was going to tap this this coming year ad see if we could get some syrup but they will be gone ....
Friday night my grandsons internet radio show went well you can listen in every friday at 10:30 eastern time to Victusradio.com , he has a request link on the home page and he plays a lot good stuff but way to much rap for me ,,,,, one is to many hahahaha

The older grandson has a new job with a soft ware company , I have no idea what he is doing but he understands it , and it came with a BIG pay raise , he had been at Bahama Breeze for A LONG TIME MAKING GREAT MONEY BUT THIS IS LESS HOURS LESS STRESS LESS (soirry about the caps I dont type well and I just looked up , must have hit the key by mistake ) and way more money , ,,, no nights or weekends .

not much else going on , I will be heading outside to fire up the next cigar , sip some coffee and watch the grass grow hahahaha What are you cookig drinking and smoking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good morn9ing , Happy Fathers day to all you fathers out there , a warm but wet Sunday here in da Burgh, my yard is a swamp so no grass cutting this week , rain is predicted every day this week .....

Since it is Fathersday with a great daughter and grandsons I recieved a Humidor Filled with 3 bottles of Scotch , a 12 YO Dewers blend, a 13YO Craigellachie Single malt , I had an open one on the shelf so I have a back up now , & Aberfeldie Single malt , a very nice selection of scotch all packed in a nice humidor . NOW I need more cigars to fill it hahahaha , I think the youngest grandson will get one of my smaller humidors to make space for this new larger box that should hold 75 + sticks . I have less than 20 in it now, , I seasoned it Friday , thought it was for my son in law , then My daughter tells me its MINE , I was suprised .......

I had the 2 Maple trees in my yard cut down & all the logs went to my nephew , he heats His home with a wood burner , so he needs a lot of wood, he lives a bit close to the end of the electric grid , he had power but no gas service , so its heat with oil or propane , or electric , but all are a bit expencive , and with 4 kids and a mother in law living with him , money is a bit tight But since he has a "FEW" achers of Hard wood forest Wood is FREE , Just cut , and wait a year or 3 , and burn it , so I had 2 45+ year old trees that needed to come down , and he came to get the wood, when were were loading his truck and trailer , I pulled some thing in my low back , it sounded like dominios falling , snap click click click , and Pain , dammmmmm it hurts , going to the chiropractor this week !

Since I am in a lot of pain I didnt cook breakfast , we had a Butter rum muffin from the bakery and coffee, I have a rack of ribs slow cooking and will be done about 4 PM . A green salad on the side and thats about all I want .

This Mornings coffee is from Papa New Genie a very nice medium roast with a nice flavor and good body , it feels good in your mouth , a solid body that almost feels thick ,,,, I like it a lot , I might make a second pot to go with Fathers day OPUS X #77 a Box pressed torpedo that ends up round at the head ..... That will be after lunch .
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 6/2/19 a cool wet day here in da Burgh ,,,,, will it ever stop raining ? my yard is a swamp the road was resurfaced last summer and the contractor installed some drainage ditches under the road on the edge of my yard between my home the the field that the BIG angus McStud used to roam , I have lived here over 45 years and never had any runoff in the yard , now I have a 6 foot wide ditch all cut by the water running into my yard , I called the contractor , and the state , no action or even a reply from anyone , I think it might be time for a letter to the news paper , the work on the road distroyed a peach tree and damaged a crab apple tree , buried my garlic patch , and removed all the crocus flowers on the property line , I was told by the contractor when the work was going on that it would be taken care of and like so many polittions the words were with out meaning . all they did was plant some grass , no stone was added now I have a breading ground for bugs and a pool of stagnent water . the contractor told me they can only go 6 feet from the road bed , after that its on me BULLSHIT , I didnt have a water problem until you fixed the road . I can fix it by going to the other side of the road and plug up the pipe , keep all the water on that side of the road and let it wash out that side keeping my yard high and dry ,,,,, nothing that a big beach ball cant fix ! Jam that big SOB in the pipe cover it with leaves and I am DONE and dry .....

Breakfast this morning was a grilled cresent roll with hot pepper cheese ,tomato ,bacon and eggs , coffee was a blend of 3 Africian coffees , about equial parts of all 3 I dont know what they were off hand , now I am working on a pot of Kona , it is Sunday and the morning smoke will be a DC3 , but it will not be outside on the back deck it will be in side the Qtr Deck as todays high will be a chilly 69 F with 10 to 15 MPH NW wind , its like an October day .
Today would be a good day for a hunk O beef but I have some pork chops defrosting and they will be going on the grill later today , I dont know what I will be making to go with them , Im sure I will be able to find some thing to make .

with all the rain we have had a lot of power outages as trees fall into the wires and some times bring down the poles , the ground is moving , and the hills are answering the call of gravity . All the rain even has the birds messed up , we had a white dove crash into the side of the house , it must have been a pet as it had a band on one leg , the bird must have been evading a redtail hawk that lives across the road , after a few minutes it got going again but it didnt go very high , just a few feet off the ground when it went over the fence and vanished into the trees .

Friday night was a fine show from my grandson Jonas ( #2 ) Internet radio show he had so many requests he extending his play time almost an extra hour before returning to the autoplay computer . he was getting requests from England and the USA its Victusradio.com at 10:30 eastern time , , he has a little bit of everything on his play list , you can click on a song and request he pays it and it will fall in line with all the requests , he reads the dedication and plays the song , just like a regular radio station .

its about time for me to get my pants on and get started with the day hahahaha

Enjoy, Vince
Hope you get some resolution soon.

Good morn9ing , Happy Fathers day to all you fathers out there , a warm but wet Sunday here in da Burgh, my yard is a swamp so no grass cutting this week , rain is predicted every day this week .....

Since it is Fathersday with a great daughter and grandsons I recieved a Humidor Filled with 3 bottles of Scotch , a 12 YO Dewers blend, a 13YO Craigellachie Single malt , I had an open one on the shelf so I have a back up now , & Aberfeldie Single malt , a very nice selection of scotch all packed in a nice humidor . NOW I need more cigars to fill it hahahaha , I think the youngest grandson will get one of my smaller humidors to make space for this new larger box that should hold 75 + sticks . I have less than 20 in it now, , I seasoned it Friday , thought it was for my son in law , then My daughter tells me its MINE , I was suprised .......

I had the 2 Maple trees in my yard cut down & all the logs went to my nephew , he heats His home with a wood burner , so he needs a lot of wood, he lives a bit close to the end of the electric grid , he had power but no gas service , so its heat with oil or propane , or electric , but all are a bit expencive , and with 4 kids and a mother in law living with him , money is a bit tight But since he has a "FEW" achers of Hard wood forest Wood is FREE , Just cut , and wait a year or 3 , and burn it , so I had 2 45+ year old trees that needed to come down , and he came to get the wood, when were were loading his truck and trailer , I pulled some thing in my low back , it sounded like dominios falling , snap click click click , and Pain , dammmmmm it hurts , going to the chiropractor this week !

Since I am in a lot of pain I didnt cook breakfast , we had a Butter rum muffin from the bakery and coffee, I have a rack of ribs slow cooking and will be done about 4 PM . A green salad on the side and thats about all I want .

This Mornings coffee is from Papa New Genie a very nice medium roast with a nice flavor and good body , it feels good in your mouth , a solid body that almost feels thick ,,,, I like it a lot , I might make a second pot to go with Fathers day OPUS X #77 a Box pressed torpedo that ends up round at the head ..... That will be after lunch .
Enjoy, Vince
Happy Father's day to you :)

its still raining the power just came back on , trees in the power lines , the ground is a sloppy mess I might try fishing my back yard in the morning , I have a nice stream and pond that was never there the 45+ years I have lived here

Good morning , it is Sunday 6/23/19 a very warm almost hot cloud free day here in da Burgh .... NO RAIN ... but the yard is still a swamp .
I have been to the chiropractor a few times in the last week , My low back is killing me pain like I cant believe , worse than the kidney stone ... I have a pain patch on and am using a TENS unit but I am powering through, gritting my teeth and moving on , but it is getting to me , I have taken a few Oxy at night to get to sleep but nothing in the day but aspirin ...... I have had a weeeeee dram or 2 just to help the day go by hahahaha , yep no different than any other day but the cigar count is down , in fact way down , I finished a cigar I started on friday , and I very seldom NOT finish a Masterpiece but this one was still 3/4 of the orginal so I saved it and finished it the next day and last night was the 4th of july fire works display & i had a Padron Princippe in the car , watching the Beaver County BIG BOOM ON THE RIVER , the fireworks are shot off from a barge at the mouth of the Beaver river where it Flows into the Ohio river , , a great show a big celebration and a fun time for 99.9 % of the people , I do know a few Vets who get out of the area for the fireworks ....

With the back hurting , I didnt cook today the wife made stuffed peppers , they are in the crock pot and should be ready some time about 4 PM , I didnt do breakfast ether , it was open the package of cheese danish and coffee , today it is a pot of Mocomba from Eathopia . I dont feel like doing much of anything today , hey just like every day hahaha , Havent opened a humidor to see what I will be smoking today , maybe later ,,,, just dont feel up to it , and if I cant enjoy it WHY should I fire up a great smoke and not enjoy it , today might just be a LOADED Phillys blunt just to ease the pain a bit .... gotta make a call hahahaha

what are you cooking smoking and drinking today ?

Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 6/30/19 a warm sunny day here in da Burgh , the rain has not let up a bit untill today we had a heavy rain and wind again all week and last night a lot more trees were up rooted and power lines down , our power flickered a bit but came back on the cable how ever took a long time to come back , no TV , no Internet , no land line phone and the cell signal was only half of what I get normally . I have so much water in my yard I might stock it with fish next spring hahahah
. It has been hot and humid feels like swamps of Dagoba , for you non star wars fans it is the place Luke Skywalker went to be trained by Yoda the Jeteye Master ....
but back to earth .... it has been so uncomfortable outside , my back has not gotten any better dispite many trips to the chiropractor , and I will be going back on Tuesday ....... I have the Tens unit on and running now ....... and the cigar consumption is way down , just to uncomfortable to enjoy it , I could turn on the A/C in the Qtr.Deck or just go for a cigar ride and open the sun roof , but if you cant enjoy it WHY bother ..... its not like I need a cigar , I can go days at a time with out one , dont miss them when Im not smoking , so today I think I will be having a few sitting on the front porch at my grandsons ....

We are going to the open house for my grandsons new home today so I will not be cooking Sunday Supper again this week ,
I did make breakfast today bacon eggs and fresh cheese , coffee was Costa Rico estate medium dark roast and the Kona was made in the press pot last night , cold water 12 hours steep , kick your ass good , and the cigar of the day ,the week ,month and year Don Carlos #3 ....
almost time to get out to the open house , refill the coffee grab a few sticks and go ,
What are you smoking eating and drinking today , Enjoy, Vince

good morning , it is Sunday 7/7/19 a hot humid day here in da Burgh .RAIN is the word of the day week and month , I live about one mile south of the highest point in the county almost at the crest of the next hill over and I still have flooding in my yard, we had a steady stream coming down the driveway and off of the road , we had a pond in the yard that might be fishable hahahahah , small leak in the roof between the kitchen and living room , , we can see a small water stain on the ceiling and saw a few drips , it is right at the ridge vent so that will need a professional to fix it , Im not going to go on the roof myself , so it looks like the retirement fund will get a hit soon , after the trees were removed , the rain hits the house ina different way , what used to be covered with the trees is now open to the weather , all kinds of things are happening , the back deck isnt as cool since the sun hits the aluminum awning with out the trees in the way , and the wind is a bit brisk with out the trees blocking it , we wait all summer for the nice weather and still we wait , I sure hope the nice days show up soon .

I got a little more lazy if thats possable , and just made a pot of oatmeal for breakfast for the boss and myself BUT the BBQ Ribs are in the prossess of becoming a culinary masterpiece hahahaha , a few yams will also find the grill later today , this mornings coffee was a pot of Java Jam Pit for our local roaster in New Brighton Pa , Hallowed Grounds , I dont know if they have a web site , I never checked... just lazy hahahaha but I did remember to fire up a great cigar this morning , a Bahia Maduro , I have no idea whay I LOVE this smoke , it is CHEEP but the flavor hits me just right , yes I LOVE my Don Carlos cigars , but the cost is 3 times less with the Bahia and it is a different flavor profile , I can say I like them both .

Last Sunday my grandson had an open house for all to see his new home , he invited over 100 People hoping 50 would be there , he had it from 11 AM to 11PM to cover just about ant excuse people had about the time , and still only had about 20 show up over the day .

I will be heading to the Qtr.Deck for my next cigar , it is just way to humid to sit on the back deck . no KONA today the wife made a batch of Peach tea , and I will be sipping it on ice with what ever cigar I grab next .

What are you cooking smoking and drinking today , Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 7/14/19 a wonderful day here in da Burgh , 2 days in a row with out rain , the yard is still a swamp , it will be a few more days of no rain low humidity and a nice breeze to dry it out , but the sky is blue with a few clouds and a nice breeze , I will be on the back deck enjoying the day with a mug of cold brew Kona and my buddie Don Carlos #3 , the brisket is on the grill and has been there for a few hours all ready , it will be ready about 4 .
Breakfast was just bacon and eggs , I had rye toast this morning , a big flavor change from the dark wheat bread I have been eating , , cant wait to get it on a ham and swiss with dark mustard .

the Back is still on the mend , a great deal of pain , NO MORE meds just the tens unit , and a long HOT shower , my skin fells water logged hahahaha

right now I want to get outside , fire up the DC#3 so what are you cooking and smoking today ? Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 7/21/19 a hazy hot and humid day here in da Burgh , I started out the day with a mug of Columbian and Mayorgia Maduro Toro , I figured to get a head start on the heat before breakfast , and that was a breakfast sandwich , a grilled english muffin , provolone cheese tomato , bacon and egg with a sweet hot mustard . what we are having for our sunday meal is still open to bebate , she didnt have anything out to defrost so I guess we are going out or having left overs , I did make a pot of hot sausage yesterday and there are still 4 links left , but it might be some thing else I have no idea whats on her mind, . Our local newspaper has priced it self out of reach, , what we got for 55 bux was 13 weeks of home delivery 6 days a week , no saturday paper , now its 55 bux for 8 weeks for 5 days a week , No wendsday or saturday paper , well thats BULLSHIT , I go to the little shop on the corner and pick it up for 2.50 for the sunday paper that just 10.00 bux a month . I dont want to sit in front of the computer and read the paper , I want it in my hand , I spend enough time on this dammmmmmmmmm thing all ready , I cant read the computer if I go take a shit , , but I can read the paper hahaha .

the weather is killing me , so dammmmmmm hot and humid , I wanted to sit on the back deck last night at 11 PM it was still over 80F and the humidity was 87 % , so I passsed on the night cap and cigar before bed.

Friday night My grandson s ( JONAS) internet radio show was a smash , he is on VICTUSRADIO.com every friday at 1030 eastern time , he has a play list and you can request a song from his list , ,,, some of the stuff is pure bullshit , , but todays music is full of MF this and that , not what I call music , but he has a little Brubeck and Miles Davis if you have a chance give him a listen , music to smoke a cigar is a must , I like Jazz and some new age or classical with a cigar , the 50's and 60's rock is ok , I like instrumentals better than Vocals , dont know why , thats just the way it is .

I have the A/C on in the Qtr.Deck and will be grabbing a mug of Cold brew and some thing out of the humidor asap. What are you cooking smoking and drinking Today ? Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 7/28/19 a warm humid day here in da Burgh , BUT NO RAIN , yet , the yard is still soft and mushy but no standing puddles any more . I have no idea what I will be smoking today , I havent thought about it much , it is so dammmmmmmm humid Im not comfortable on the back deck and To dammmmm Lazy to go out and turn on the A/C in the Qtr.Deck , I just might spend the rest of the day on the couch ......
Breakfast was a bacon egg and cheese with tomato on a grilled English muffin the coffee was an African mix of 5 different estate coffees , not enough of any of them to make a pot , so they all went in the burr grinder and that is what I am drinking now , I have a cold brew Kona waiting , if I ever figure out what cigar to smoke this morning !
I have the Baby Back ribs working on the grill they will be done about 4 , a grilled Cauliflower to go with them and maybe a pear compote , or maybe not , I just dont feel that right now , who knows I might later , but right now I am feeling very lazy , I dont even want to watch the Boob Tube , there is a Clint Eastwood western on , and I turned it off , not that I havent seen it so much I can do the dialog , kind of like the orginal star trek series, know them all by heart hahahaha
I had a MRI friday for my beck and neck , still in a lot of pain , using pain patches at night , a tens unit in the day and warm moist heat when I can get off my lazy ass and get it used , ..... it was a lot of fun getting old but no fun being old
We took the wifes car out for a ride yesterday , so no cigar in her car , ,,, the car hasent moved in a few weeks , so it was in the need of running , a little ride to the frozen custard stand , dripping chocolate custard on my shirt and pants , a small cone is 3.00 I can go to the grocery store and get a half gallon of the top shelf stuff for 6.00 , just what I paid for the 2 cones , but then I would be getting ice cream not frozen custard , in a cone ,, but there would be left overs from the half gallon , , hey what am I to do when the wife wants a cone from Hanks custard , you get her what she wants and you get yourself one , a win win
not much else going on here in da Burgh , OHH wait its the PICKLESBURGH food fest on the Roberto Clemente Bridge , linking the North side of the burgh to down town , the 6th st , bridge before it was renamed , next to the 7th and 9th street bridges , No Bridge on 8th , with 3 rivers in the Burgh there are / is a lot of bridges .
any way the celebration of the pickel takes place here in da Burgh on the bridge every summer , closed to traffic it is filled with everything Pickles , from Ice cream, Deep fryed , BBQ, hot, sweet and dill with everything in between , , even BEER to fashion , if its pickle related its there ! , I have had a pickle juice chaser with a shot of Rye , , the pickle juice helps kill the taste of the rye ..... Not that rye is bad , just this none was ..... Brand was unknown , , they had a keg with a pour spout , Im sure if you drank enough you could get one hell of a Buzz and hangover the next day . time to hit the humidor and see what is Next
So What are you eating drinking and smoking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 8/4/19 a warm sunny day here in da Burgh , deep blue sky with a few clouds a nice soft wind out of the NW and NO RAIN , amen , the yard is Almost dry , still a bit spongy in places but no lake .
This morning coffee was a pot of Tanzanian Peaberry and I made some cheese blintzes , for breakfast my wife had sour cream on hers and I put some sliced strawberrys on mine , it was a nice change from eggs and whatever .
I am in a lazy mood today , I worked so hard on breakfast I dont feel like doing an elaborite sunday supper so its a rack of ribs on the grill with corn on the cob , that will be done on the grill also , a small amount of effort for a large return.

I had my first phy.Therapy session this past week , it went well , seams like I was all ready doing the limbering up movements , I try to get a good strech every morning , like a cat getting up after a nap, now Im doing it a bit longer and and a bit more intense

This past Tuesday a buddy ended up in the housital , he fell down the steps on Friday and was all banged up but never went for any treatment , he was self doctoring , well when we got there for our cigars and booze , he didnt look well at all , and moving from on chair to an other he went down again , so the Ambulance was called , and he was admitted , us old guys dont bounce back all that well after falling down like a little kid learning to walk hahahaha , . a few days in the hospital now to an extended care unit he is going to need a bit of rehab and a stair lift installed at home .

I have an other pot of the peaberry brewing and a Monte Robusto , that has been "gathering " dust in the humidor a LONG time the cello is dark yellow and cracked , I had one yesterday and it was a little mild , but the taste was fine , so I will be lighting up an other today , I think I got them about the same time my youngest grandson was born , ,,,, he was 21 in January , I dont know what I will smoke after that .

Not much else going on , I am heading to the back deck with coffee and a cigar , .. So what are you cooking and smoking today ? Enjoy, Vince

good morning it is Sunday 8/11/19 a great looking day here in da Burgh now its 78F , nw wind @ 5 to 7 mph and the dew point is 55 F , , great weather to sit on the deck and sip coffee and puff on a cigar or 2 .
Breakfast was a cheese and pepper egg scramble , with a slice of Egg Custard pie ,,,, yummmmmmmm this mornings coffee was an Indian monsoon coffee with a medium light roast , I have a pot of the same coffee with a dark roast ready to go .
phy Therapy is going well , just a lot of streaching and I am finding out I am more flexable that I thought I was , moving with out pain great , but it still comes and goes , not as intense as before but still there a bit , OLD AGE is the down fall of Man hahahaha , but we have been getting old since the garden of Edan so I guess its natural hahaha , I just never thought of myself getting old , my mind tells me Im still 12 or 13 but my body has a different answer , I thought I might be in a hospital, jail or dead by this time hahahaha
I picked up 2 sirloins and will be grilling them later today along with some summer squash and a crustless peach pie , it will all go on the grill so no kitchen clean up today .....

BIG NEWS ,,, JUST CHECKED THE PAPER , HIT THE POWER BALL no other numbers on the ticket but I can say I HIT the power ball a big $4.00 coming my way hahahahaha

I will be heading out on the back deck and getting that cigar all fired up , the coffee is ready and so am I .

what are you smoking drinking and cooking today ?
Enjoy,Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 8/18/19 a hazy hot and humid day here in Da Burgh , the weatherman told us to expect a high of 90 F today and very uncomfortable humidity , so I have the A C on in the Qtr.Deck and the Kona cold brew ready to go and the world famous Don Carlos #3 . This morning coffee was the Indian Monsoon with a grilled English muffin , hot pepper cheese garden fresh tomato, ( just went next door and got it off the vine ) with Apple smoked bacon and an egg a dab of Garlic Aolie

since it will be so dammmmmm hot out I will be cooking inside today , the oven is on and the Hunk O beef is going to make the boss very happy today , Thank God for A C and an exaust fan to pull the heat out of the kitchen from the oven .

This Past thursday was our 49th anniv. , a quiet meal at Harold's Inn on Broadhead Road in Aliquippa Pa , we had so much food left over we had it all over again on Friday , we even brought the coconut cream pie home , just to full to eat it all there . Every Thursday is Half price Maragerattias , see I still have the tiequilla in my system hahahaha.......

we went for a cigar ride last night 70 Miles of going no place fast , after the manditory pit stop at Charbucks , a stop at Costco for Gas we were on our way , down the ohio river to look at the Schell Gas cracker plant that the Donald was just at this week , over 100 construction cranes dotting the sky line a lot of small stuff BUT ONE OVERSIZED S O B , said to be one of the biggest in the world , I have nothing to go on as a comparrision but its FRIGGIN BIG , we have a lot of Natural Gas here in Pa and this plant when finished will convert that gas into ???? what ever , plastic , fuel , I have no idea but it is creating a lot of construction jobs and when finished it will employ a few hundred of locals running the plant plus all the offshot business to supply the needs of the plant and a labor force , they will spend money in the area helping other places and so on and so on , a big boost in the local econamy . I lit up a Graycliff Dbl.Espresso to puff on as I drank my charbucks Dbl.Espresso , Listened to Cousin Brucy on XM chan SIX , we got home and sat on the back deck for a few hours , no reason to go in SNL was a repeat and the night was just right for sitting out and watching the grass grow in the dark.

We have had a few young visitors across the road, 2 deer , still with spots have been feeding on the new growth after the road crew trimmed back the trees , we see them almost every day now , about noon and again just about 5 , they make there way through the underbrush to the edge of the road , some times crossing to drink from the creek , but my wife is complaining about the Shit in the yard , hey they are wild , they shit anyplace they want .

as I age past my experation date I find myself becoming my father more each day , I snap crackle and pop getting up and down , everything hurts and I need to Pee a lot more often . My buddy is still in Rehab , and I go visit as often as I can , taking a few cigars and a flask , we sit outside in a employee smoking area, , its full of cigerette buts and ashes , I clean up our mess get rid of the cigar buts and toss the used cups in the trash , more than the employees do , so far its been going well , no problems from staff or management .

It is time for me to go to the Qtr.deck and get started on my relaxing with a cigar and coffee

What are you cooking ,smoking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Sunday 8/25/19 a sad day here in da Burgh , one less member of the Qtr.Deck club , our friend , cigar smoker , scotch drinker and all around good guy passed way this morning , George Merges , he will be missed by all

Good morning it is Sunday sept 1 2019, a warm humid day here in da Burgh , the hunk o Beef is in the oven , we had our Picnic yesterday , hot dogs, corn on the cob and watermelon , the dogs got just a slight bit over done on one side , but still were ok , the boss was not happy with hers but the grilled corn was just fine , and its had to mess up watermelon unless its picked to soon and this one was fine . Breakfast was a slice of Provolone cheese melted on a grilled english muffin , with tomato egg and bacon and a pot of Ruwanda coffee , the next pot is a columbian AA , I forgot to grind the kona so I just used what was ready , this morning cigar was a Bahia Maduro Torpedo , they are inexpencive , made well taste just great , it is not an outstanding smoke nor is it a bad one , just a great everyday cigar IMHO
a slow week here not much going on the local Grange held there fair this past week and as a rule we would go to see what is going on in the Twp. but this year we skipped the long lines to see the pigs and cows , and stayed home .
I am still a little down after loosing a buddy last Sunday morning , we are having a Salute to George Thursday at King Beaver Cigars in Monaca Pa , Rusty Nails to sip and Ashtons to smoke , his prefered drink and smoke , see you there .

what are you cooking ,smoking and drinking today ?

Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday9/8/19 a some what cool day here in da Burgh , just 70F right now , with a nice soft wind I just finished my morning cigar , a Bahia Maduro torpedo , not a fantastic smoke not a bad smoke , just a great inenexpencive good tasting cigar with a mug of coffee from Columbia and a weeee dram of single malt Irish whisky nothing like starting the day with a weee bit of redbreast 12 yo .
Breakfast was a ham egg and swiss cheese on a grilled English muffin with garden fresh tomato. a small change from the bacon that I love .
the crock pot is filled with stuffed Peppers and it should be ready by 4 PM , all thats left for me to do is make the mashed potatoes ....
I walked to the store this morning to pick up the Sunday Paper , spooked a deer that was munching grass beside the road , , with all the traffic and the new tar and chips on the road it didnt hear me walking till I was about 10 feet from it , it took off like a deer hahahaha , ran a few yards into the brush , stopped turned around took a look and went off to do what ever was on her todo list !
our road was just black topped this past spring , why it got tarred and chipped all ready is something I dont understand , a nice smooth asphalt road , now a dusty noisy road that is so loud now the traffic wakes me up at night , one thing it has reduced the idiots doing wheel stands on the motor cycles coming up the hill .... BUT the big pickups still come charging up making the gravel fly all over the place
Last night we went for our Cigar and coffee ride , I lit an Ashton Churchill at 8:05 went to Charbucks and listened to Cousin Brucy in the 6 on XM radio didnt go anyplace just riding around , got home at 10:20 and dropped the butt into the ashtray on the back deck before we went in the house , 2 hours and 15 minutes , I might have got a few more minutes from that cigar But I needed to go to the bathroom , there just wasnt enough to relight 20 minutes later , and i was out of coffee so that was the end of it . , it was down to 63F by then and Im not ready to smoke in the chilly night air, I just had on shorts and a t shirt , If it was a bigger butt I might have poured myseld a scotch , put on a shirt and went back for more , but it was getting late and the news was comming on soon and I was happy with the evening so far , so why try to add to it and it turn out bad , so , we watched the news , a little bit of SNL and went to bed only to be woke by flashing red and blue lights from the police just as I was drifting off to sleep , they had a car pulled over right behind my home with the loud speaker telling the car they pulled over to get out of the car , hands behind your head , well I had to get up and watch from the back deck , a quick pat down , the cuffs went on and he was stuffed into the back of one of the cop cars , a few minuts later the flat bed shows up and takes the car away , its 1 AM people are in bed , but its bright as day with the 2 cop cars and the tow truck , I have no idea what happened , noting on the news this morning , and the paper here in Beaver county is a joke , a few weeks ago there was a major Barn fire in the area , it took 4 days to hit the local paper but the Farm and Dairy Paper from OHIO had it on line the next day , nothing fro the Beaver county times .
well that about all I have today , time for me to hit the humidor and see whats next .....

What are you cooking , drinking and smoking today ? Enjoy, Vince

Good Evening it is Sunday 9/15/19 at 10:30 Pm , I got Busy this morning and forgot all about this . well here is the posting.

the day started off with a bacon egg and cheese sandwich and a pot of Dunkin Donuts coffee , it was on sale at the Grocery store and I thought I would give it a try...... the jury is deadlocked on the outcome , It was OK , would I get it again ? the wife liked it , but we are unable to decide if we would get it again.

the rack of Baby Back ribs and corn on the cob all went on the grill ...... No leftovers hahahahaha

Yesterday the popcorn/candy shop a few miles from our home had FRESH made right in the parking lot Amish Donuts , 9 Bucks for a half dozen , HUGE gobs of deep fried goodness , a maple bacon glaze on 2 chocolate on 2 and a plain sugar glaze on the last 2 , I still have one to eat , , I ate the bacon one for breakfast yesterday and the chocolate one for lunch , I still have one to go but I am FULL .

I sort of lost track of time this morning , after breakfast I walked to the corner store to get the sunday paper , grabbed a cigar going out the door , and after giving the paper to the wife I went back out to finish the smoke and coffee , well a buddy shows up and stopped for a smoke , and a scotch ...... its not even 11 AM yet , well you cant drink all day unless you start in the morning hahaha , I was able to get the ribs ready before he got here , so it didnt slow me down , , after he left the wife came out side to talk , ( I just get to listen ) hahahaha , I got a short break when the phone rang ......

after the dishes were cleaned up we went to the grandsons for a few minutes then to Charbucks , Home , back to the back deck to finish the third cigar of the day ...... hummm maybe it was the 4th ..... any way we were watching the news on the tube and then I remembered , it was Sunday and I didnt post any BS yet ..... so here is this week's BS ....

Enjoy, Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.