5 Vegas Miami

Joined Jul 2006
285 Posts | 0+
Chicago burbs
Has anyone tried these yet? If so, any opinions? I think this is a corojo wrapper from what I understand and I'd be very interested in givng one a try.

Thanks.

I've just noticed these hitting the market this week. I'm pretty excited about them too. With a little luck I'll be able to tell you what they're like by next weekend.

FWIW - the ORIGINAL 5 Vegas Miami - a shaggy foot - looks like it will be available from CCOM sometime soon. The others are rolled in Nicaragua, but the shaggy foot is rolled in Miami. I want to get my hands on a few of these to keep in the humi.

Good eye. These are amazinghe. The Miami is made in Pepin's El Rey de Los Habanos factory and the other sizes are made at a factory in Nicaragua that is managed by Pepin's son. Dont go into this cigar thinking it is going to be a full bodied "blow your face" off cigar that tastes similar to the other things he blends. This cigar is medium bodied with a rich flavor that is extremely complex. Frankly, this cigar is my favorite of all the stuff he makes with maybe one or two exceptions and everyone I have talked to thus far has loved it. I highly recommend this blend.

5 Vegas Miami First Taste

Let me start by saying that Alex nailed it when he said it's an amazing cigar. Also, it's a lot more complex than the others lines. I'm a big 5 Vegas fan, but the Cask Strength let me down and the '06 Limitada didn't quite live up to my expectations either, so I was a bit worried about this new line. The Miami, however, is in a whole different ballpark. I tried the toro, a 6x48 vitola. It was simply a wonderful smoke. It tastes of leather with hints of nuts and a caramel like sweetness, and a medium to long moderately peppery finish, which I have found on most other corojos I've smoke dimishes after aging a bit, allowing the more subtle flavors to shine through. It has a perfect draw with a good amount of smoke and an aroma that tells you it's a good cigar. The ash stood firm for 1.5 inches, and I only had to ash it twice by the time it was within 1/4" of the band. 2 nice pieces of ash in one night, ya gotta love that! The remaining ash held firm at about another 1-1.5" when I set it in the ashtray and headed back inside. I'm very happy with this cigar, and if the others I bought are as good it will easily be one of my top 5 favorites. If you're a fan of 5 Vegas or Corojo wrappers, you've got to try this one out. I agree with Alex also that it's medium in body but full on flavor. A real treat and a great cigar for 8 bucks. My favorite 5 Vegas until now was the "A" series, so to compare the 2 and decide which is really better for the money, I asked if I would rather smoke 1 Miami per day or 2 Series A. The Series A are about $4-$5 per stick, the Miami $8-$10/stick, so this brings it down to a level playing field. My answer? You bet your A$$ ! Can't wait to try the shaggy foot.

Re: 5 Vegas Miami First Taste

PuFf said:
2 nice pieces of ash in one night, ya gotta love that! quote] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice review, thanks.

I really hope my nose is deceiving me because I just got a 10 pack of these delivered in Robusto size and the first sniff of one in the wraper made me want to gag. I need to find something similar with a corojo wrapper to compare it to. And I'll also be the first to admit that I still rate my skills at the rookie level so I could just be way off base.

They'll sit in my humi for a bit before I give them a try, hopefully all will be well once I actually smoke one. I'm sure all will turn out well, I just got thrown off my the smell.

Trent

I recall one of my toros smelling a bit rough, but it still smoked great!

This cigar was fantastic! If you like this one, you should try a Monte Cristo Media notre (spelling?)

Simply put. Fantastic. When I got my sampler in the mail I was stoked. I had waited for it for almost a whole week. It smelled a little weird when I first opened it but I thought what the heck. This cigar is awesome. I mirror what everyone else has said on this post. My ash was 1.5 - 2 inches each time. It smoked wonderfully. This is a medium bodied cigar but is batting with the full bodied in complex flavors. spices, leather and smooth all the way to the finish. I have decided to cash my IRA fund in and just buy as many of these puppies as I can possible get.

*bonus* the wife likes the way they smell...