6Th Annual BBQ, 4th Annual MID-WEST SITDOWN!!!!!!

Joined Jul 2005
3K Posts | 0+
MI
September 6th ladies and gentlemen! With all the things that happened last year, I was unable to make it happen, but it's on for this year. I know gas is going to be a real bear this year, but hopefully this is enough notice for everyone. I can accomodate 5 people in my house, and Lisa's house (brand new construction) accross the street is available for 8 or so people.

For those who have never attended a sit-down or BBQ at my house, just ask some people who were there a few years back. Everyone went home stuffed, had great prizes, and at least 140.00 in cigar giveaways.

WOW! I can't wait. Something to really look forward to at the end of the summer.

Let me know if I can do anything to help put this together. And, hopefully, I will get out to your end of the state earlier this summer and we can meet up for a cigar.

John

twoputts said:
WOW! I can't wait. Something to really look forward to at the end of the summer.

Let me know if I can do anything to help put this together. And, hopefully, I will get out to your end of the state earlier this summer and we can meet up for a cigar.

John

Actually John, you can bring some more homebrew. :D Jim and I are getting ready to brew some summer brew like they have at CJ's. The brewmaster was thoughtful enough and gave us HIS recipe to use. You are more than welcome to come out the day before and shoot some sporting clays with us, and hang out for a wild game dinner. It has been a tradition to do a game feast the night before, or eat venision back straps the morning of. I look forward to seeing some old faces, and seeing some new. It's open to everyone on the forum!

I have heard this event is a blast. I plan to attend also. Anything I can bring that travels well?

Honey said:
I have heard this event is a blast. I plan to attend also. Anything I can bring that travels well?

Just bring yourself! Maybe some libations, if you drink expensive stuff.

Ok --- will do....what kind of Scotch do you like.....or do you prefer wine and / or Beer? I see twoputts is bringing some beer...I've had his...it is good!

Honey said:
Ok --- will do....what kind of Scotch do you like.....or do you prefer wine and / or Beer? I see twoputts is bringing some beer...I've had his...it is good!

I supply the food, and keg beer, and some cigars.

And yes, John's beer is top-notch in my book. I think he should start his own line!

Yes, I agree---Let's go John! I hear your bbq is not too shabby either. Let me know if you need help with or bring any anything else. 90% sure I'll be there. Hope to see/meet you and all soon.

I'm getting excited and it's still a few months away! Last time I went, it was a most excellent time.

cybrus said:
I'm getting excited and it's still a few months away! Last time I went, it was a most excellent time.

Dave, I am glad you are going to be able to make it! We have some cool prizes this year, and even more food than last time.

Update:

Food is ordered, I am not BBQ'ing this year.......My friend is doing it on his Moble BBQ pit! A ton of pork butts, a few briskets, and some suprises.

I am getting the beer from the brewery I meet John at on occasion, a summer brew. But, I will have a standby keg of domestic. Prizes are starting to come in, and I heard through the grapevine cigars will be donated again this year.

I look forward to seeing some old friends, and some new faces!

Ryan

Update!!!!

John (twoputts) is brewing some summer brew for the occasion. Alex just sent me two boxes of 5 Vegas, Classic and Gold. Cusano came through again and shipped out 4 boxes of smokes. It's getting close! Anyone else from here plan on attending?

Markus59 said:
I will be there. Is there anything you need help with?

Markus, for the most part we are all set. But you are more than welcome to show up early on Saturday, just to hang out and help with odds and end stuff. Cybrus, we are not using the tent from the last bbq. I got a different one. Like 4 monkeys *$&* a football... Remember? :lol:

HEY! I was really looking forward to this event, but I am not sure I will be able to make it now. If I don't make it please have one of each for me!

Sorry for all of the back and forth. Yes! I will be able to make it. I am really looking forward to a fun and relaxing weekend---if only life weren't quite so complicated?! Oh well, that's the nature of life and I will enjoy and appreciate the good times and all blessings---glass half full. Thanks.

I'm still planning on being there! I probably won't be able to make it up until Saturday morning - I'll try to get there early though. My wife is scheduled to work Friday night and unless someone takes her shift, I'll have to stay home to watch our son. If someone does take it, I'll be up Friday evening!

Capt - shoot me a PM with the current planned schedule of events so I can try to make it to as much as possible!

What is the general party/event/BBQ schedule? I haven't even asked. Anything last minute we can pick-up on the way and/or contribute?