A Beautiful and Profound Gift. . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
As I got ready to leave for work late Wednesday night, I opened up the front door to the house to check out the night and get some extra fresh air and found a box wedged in between the screen door and the main door.

I knew right away since it was unexpected who it had to be from. Yup, FedEx. Hey, hadn't I seen a FedEx truck in the neighborhood and thought I heard some noise on my property earlier?

Indeed, it was from none other than that Wascally Bengals fan, Goode Kinge Michaelsean, The Earl of Sinsinatti, and YES, now you have to have respect when you say Bengals fan.

It was typical of the undeserved kindness he has treated me with during the years I have known him. Although we've met only once, just missing a second meeting, we are close at heart and in mind. Our original meeting was on that "other web site" that I used to inhabit.

It was typical of his gifts in many ways, expensive, beautiful and well thought out. How the heck do I come by friends like this? It's like I don't even try and The Lord just puts them there.

Anyway, what I'm exclaiming about and drooling over is a box of Symphony Churchills, a cigar put out by the same folks that make the famous Gurkha line of cigars. If you do a google search you'll find some interesting pages on these cigars. What I found was that they have a light Connecticut shade wrapper, my favorite and a unique, supposedly mild blend of Nicaraguan fillers and a Dominican binder. According the reviews, they are medium to full bodied and richly flavored.

When I say supposedly mild blend of Nicaraguan fillers, it's because Nicaraguan tobacco is notoriously not mild. I do know that Mike has been extremely thoughtful and uncannily accurate as far as my tastes go in selecting cigars for me to try through the years. I'm sort of looking forward to smoking one of these big boys on football Sunday, but I usually like to let cigars sit a bit first in my own humidors, and I'm sort of scared of the medium to full bodied and rich flavored thing. Better have a big meal first.

Mike also enclosed a great holiday card which thoroughly sums up the feelings of true friendship between us and those who are friends in general throughout the world.

But as for those cigars, . . .

I'm athcared, weewee weewee athcared. :shock:

I smoked something else. I'm kind of athcared of thothe thigars you thent me, weewee. If I get cancelled from work tonight, maybe, but don't be surprised if you see me wait until the playoffs. Of course, we know who WON'T be there, no names please, a certain team from the AFC East, nuff said.

Hate to break it to you, but your JETS are gonna be there. Don't be afraid of this cigar. It was made for you.

Mike

That football team whose vile name you mentioned won't make it past the first round. Both major New York City papers roasted them Monday, and deservedly so. They're not worth their statistics, pretenders they are.

As for that cigar, I'll take your word for it, and have one this weekend, as I watch their season continue to play out it's fake, phony, fraudulent self.

J(ust)
E(nd)
T(he)
S(eason)

I see you wrote, "...won't make it past the first round." An obvious admission of their post-season destiny.

Mike

Well, now with two games left, they are up two games on Quoth The Ravens Nevermore for the first wild card spot, so THAT was a gimme. :wink: