Accessory Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined Jun 2005
3K Posts | 7+
F*ing Jersey
At the suggestion of Brother Dustin, we are setting up a sticky for Accessory Reviews. Please feel to post your reviews of cutters, lighters, humidors, etc.

Make sure you put the product in CAPS in the Subject Line to make it easier for everyone to search.

Great idea, Dustin!

XIKAR TELESCOPING CIGAR HOLDER

I have been looking for a small cigar holder to take along when my wife and I go out to dinner or just a short trip tp the skeet range. I wanted something a little elegant but still durable.

I bought a Xikar one-fingered telescoping cigar holder. The inner construction is a cedar sleeve that is outer wrapped with blue kid skin (leather). The white stitching holding the tube together is prominant and looks good on top of the blue kid. The ends are capped with brushed aluminum. It seems quite durable and small enough to tuck in the inside pocket of a sport coat or range bag. It is certainly what I was wanting on the elegant side. As said, it is telescoping and will accomodate a churchill with no problem and takes up to a 60 ring. Since the inside of the tube is cedar sleeved, the humidity comes from the ambient humidity of the cigar.

The price was an issue for me. At just under $28, it really isn't worth the money IMHO. I think $18-$20 would be more reasonable. But it is mine now and will serve its purpose just fine. If I could go back, I would have bought the 2-cigar Otterbox instead.

I suppose I would recommend if you are looking for something for a night out and looks good. It may be difficult justifying the price tag, though.

DL

Palio Cigar Cutter

I got one of these at the same time as my Xikar. I tend to like the Palio a bit more b/c of the weight and I am not afraid of catching my hand when the Xikar closes. They have since released colors, but I have the original and love it.

http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?Page ... D&ProdID=9

The guys at cigarmony are great to and run some good deals.

Even though I have several lighters (like my wife having tons of purses), there is one that I grab everytime I open my accessory drawer. The Lotus L21 is an excellent lighter. I have a Xikar Element and a Xikar Enigma, but the Lotus is by far my favorite lighter.

Does anyone else use a Lotus and what do you think of it?

http://www.elighters.com/l2130.html

This is the one that I have and am extremely happy with it!

DL

I know colibris are not always that popular but I really like the one my wife got me a couple of years ago. It has never failed, aways lights on the first try and has a large fuel tank. THe others I have are all cheapies I got for free with some other purchase, I use those when I am doing something where I could lose/damage this lighter. Well here is a link...

http://www.elighters.com/qtr273004.html

I am with you on the Colibris - I used to get a to of grief on how "bad" they were. This is the one that I used to have (until it disappeared on the golf course a year and a half ago.)

Arc

Had a great punch on the bottom (my preferred cut on anything except a pyramid/belicoso.)

The punch cut is my favorite cut as well. I use a Xikar 007. I love the neatness of the cut and get a great draw. As Kev, I use a regular cutter (Xikar XI-1) on torps. Per Conners recommendation, I have really been wanting a Palio and may get one after my new job starts.

DL

RONSON LIGHTERS

A few months back, I bought 3 Ronson single flame lighters from Walmart for $2.99 each. I bought them with the intent of keeping one in my truck, one in my wife's purse, and one in the accessory tray of my humidor. I finally used one tonight and must say that I am quite impressed. It worked flawlessly. And for 3bux, who cares if you lose it?

DL

Re: RONSON LIGHTERS

Dustinl said:
A few months back, I bought 3 Ronson single flame lighters from Walmart for $2.99 each. I bought them with the intent of keeping one in my truck, one in my wife's purse, and one in the accessory tray of my humidor. I finally used one tonight and must say that I am quite impressed. It worked flawlessly. And for 3bux, who cares if you lose it?

DL

I am REALLY liking these Ronson lighters. Any one else use one?

(dam i hate quoting myself)

DL

I have been using a Tatuaje Buzz Cut cutter the past week or 2 and it's been great! It has a back stop so the cigar doesn't stick all the way through the back of it. It simulates laying the cutter on the table and now instead of sticking it on the table you can hold it in your hand!! And the art work looks great on it as well...NH has them, pretty inexpensive and works great!

Im looking to buy a cigar cutter. I just bought my first humidor and I'm trying to get all accessories for my cigars. Does anyone know of a website with good prices or anyone interest I selling a good cigar cutter?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.