Adorini hygrometers

I agree - - and I don't understand all I know about "synthetic hair" hygrometers. Is that synthetic hair as in 'human hair' or as in 'hair-spring', or what? I recall them using hair-springs in clocks & watches many years ago.

Yeah, I hear that. Of course this Adorini claims "synthetic hair".... maybe that's so that, like the heartfelt beads, the synthetic hair can be manufactured to specific tolerances so that they're always accurate. Seems to me that there'd be variances in human hair.

I don't know anything about fancy hygrometers, all I know is since I bought my two cheap Flukers - they are made for terrariums, and started using beads I have never had a humidity problem yet. I do have one advantage, my cigar room stays at a pretty constant 68 degrees.

No doubt about it - - a constant 68 degrees would be a huge help. The only time I can get my house down to that lovely temperature is in the winter. And even then my wife constantly complains that she's cold. Ah, well, c'est la vie, I suppose.

I know Joe, I am kinda lucky that way. It means I have to put up with LOOONG cold winters, but so it goes. 68/68 is the ideal way for me.