Advice Needed, Opinions welcome!

Joined Jan 2006
234 Posts | 0+
Northern California
Ok, the income tax refund check is on the way. Now, around here, if I don't buy something quick, I'll miss out. My wife will do something silly like pay bills or something. :roll: So I am asking for opinions on CC Blue and Red Dot Cohiba. I am already getting some more Ashton aged Maduro because those are my absolute favorite. I've read many posts on recomendations from you fine gents and now even though you may be repeating yourselves, I would appreciate the help here. If you have other Ideas please feel free. Thanks a bunch in advance. :bow:

Humi contents now:
Punch Rare Corojo
Onyx Reserve
Puros Indios Especial
Ashton Aged Maduro
Sol Cubano Sumatra, Connecticut, Maduro

Taxes!!!???

Oh yeaaaaaa...

Better do those! Darn. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I bought some cigars from Vince, while I have not tried them all one of my favs was the Nicaro robusto. This was a great smoke. I would recomend going with these. I bought some others from him and hae not had one that I did not like.

I think it is our responsibility as Americans to re-invest, yeah that's it, re-invest our tax refunds 8) . Now how we do that is up to the individual :D I'm gonna get a box of those Oliva O Maduros on your advice :D . Hey they are cheaper than the Ashtons :wink: . I still want to know what you think about the Cigar.com Blue, Purple, Red label though. I'm gonna be doing alot of fishing this summer way up north in California where there are no cigars at all, and I need to stock up on some good every day cigars. You know, a good cigar that looks hot on a bass boat 8) By the way, that toy you have there looks like alot of fun. I hope I can consider myself your friend :oops: :D

:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg:

Isn't that thingy like, uhhhh, ummm, like, a military weapon, . . .

or something? Like? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Hunting I assure you. You wont be sorry on that O Maduro. It is sooooo good. While you are picking something up, also try the Cusano 18 Paired Maduro.

As for the private label, I am partial to the cuban and cameroon most. However, if you end up enjoying the Oliva O Maduro, I would suggest the sol cubano over the Cigar.com label. The reason I say is this is becuase they are only a tiny bit more expensive and the maduro is also made by Oliva. End of the day I think Oliva is making the best Maduro wrapper in the world.

Alex Svenson said:
If you like the ashton aged maduro, you absolutely have to try the Oliva O Maduro. I think it is the best maduro cigar ever made.

I am glad to see someone else is spluring on their refund. Check out the link below to see what I am spoiling myslef with on my refund check. I am doing some Coyote hunting on my buddies farm this spring.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-d...ge=06entry.gif&CFID=10534472&CFTOKEN=85877817

nice rifle...my choice of hunting rifle is the AK47.....one of the most durable weapons on the planet

I've been lurking for a while now, but thought I would finally jump in with an opinion, for what it's worth.

My favorite smoke has got to be Ashtons, so when ordering them on CC, I read their review and they suggested their Purple label, saying they were a good alternative. I ordered the sampler and have so far had the Torpedo and the Churchill. Taste was very good, but the Churchill unwrapped on me and the Torpedo was a bit stiff to draw.

As I said, the taste was good though and other board regulars swear by CC labels, so I'm not dissuaded - I still want to try their Cuban and Cameroon labels.

Agreed with Alex, the Oliva is one of my staples now, when I can find them! I also enjoy the gloria cubano series R maduro's, but they are pontent little buggers!! :lol:

As per axe and myself, we love our Rockey Patel vintage series smokes, I prefer the 1992's, but the 90's are also very good.

Cusano's are always a good bet, another staple I always have around in the humi's, maybe a CAO MX2 if you can find one?

My 2cents :lol:

Off-Topic reply to Alex

Alex Svenson said:
If you like the ashton aged maduro, you absolutely have to try the Oliva O Maduro. I think it is the best maduro cigar ever made.

I am glad to see someone else is spluring on their refund. Check out the link below to see what I am spoiling myslef with on my refund check. I am doing some Coyote hunting on my buddies farm this spring.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-d...ge=06entry.gif&CFID=10534472&CFTOKEN=85877817
That's a nice rifle! What sights/scope you planning to install on that baby?

Too soon to tell. If my wife finds out that I need to buy a scope she is going to kill. Talking her into an AR-15 was not easy.

I offered him one of my Trijicon ACOG's but he hasn't given me an answer!!! :wink:

Capt said:
I offered him one of my Trijicon ACOG's but he hasn't given me an answer!!! :wink:
I have the Trijicon ACOG Reflex mounted on my Armalite M15A2, zeroed at 100yds. Got it about 8-9 years ago. Great for targeting with both eyes open.

:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg:

Shows you what I know. The AK-47 and AR-15 are hu, hu, hu, . . .

HUNTING rifles? :dunno: :eek:mg: :dunno: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :dunno:

I need to get out more, or do some reading on the gun forums here.