AF "Short Story"

Joined Aug 2007
637 Posts | 0+
Well this is for Kuzi. It was his idea to do a "Short Story" review and since I just finished one with a actual story behind it I felt compeled to tell it. I just have to appoligize now for my grammer/spelling. Never did like English class much.

Well this story begins last Friday night when I was working well the night shift. It was the first of three twelve hour shifts but I was well rested and looking forward to it. The most interesting things happen when working nights on the weekends. Well it was the first of what would amount to, well lets just say alot, call for an intoxicated individual wanting to fight. It was at a local resturant and just like everyone else that we were called for over the weekend they where at a Christmas party. By the time everyone arrived the four employees had already taken most of the fight out of the guy. Then again four or five guys in uniform seem to have the same effect ost of the time. Well as usual he had to much to drink at his open bar Christmas party for work and decided that everyone had it out for him. but anyway he was really nice till we handcuffed and arrested him, once the cuffs where one and he knew we couldn't do much to him he decided that was the best time to tell us how he really felt. I'll leave that to your imagination, besides they woul dn't never allow his opinion of me and the others guys to stay posted.

Well to better things. as I am standing ther and the new guy is getting witness and victim info I smell the sweet scent of a fine cigar. I look over by the outdoor fire place I see that glow. So I decide to "help" the new guy and find out if they saw anything. While speaking to the two gentleman, of whom I was a little jealous of (that bottle of red wine looked good), I happen to ask what they are smoking. "Short Stories" ever had one? "Na, but I have a couple of Hemi's in my humi I've been waiting to try" Want one they ask. Wish I could but I gotta get back to work. "Ah take it with you, Go ahead" Out comes a zip lock with two short stories, Well I fish one out, thank the stangers and wish them a Merry Christmas. Turns out they didn't see anything important. Ha Ha!

Well now I have a Short Story in hand with no cutter or lighter! Oh well got a spare zip lock in my lunch box and room in the humi. So I finish out the week without to much more thought of the stix. Hell it was so busy with all the Christmas parties at the various hotels and such I barely had time to eat.

Well the weekend is over and I have training on Tues and Wed in the AM. Nothing like going back to days after only one day off! Oh well they always say you'll get plenty of rest when your dead. Well now it's Thursday, Christmas pics of the kids at the mall. First off I hate the mall, second anyone ever try to get a 5 year, 2 year and 3 month old to try and smile at the same time. Don't it's not worth it. Got some good pics but not sure if it's worth what it did to me and the wife. Well anyway, I get home and it's not the bad (read cold) outside for Jersey this time of year. So I tell the wife, going out back for a few. Head up to the humi looking for something. I am about to walk out of the room and then it hits me. I forgot about the Short Story, it's in the other humi, seems like a good short smoke.

Well there I am all alone out back, some fresh ground coffee and my Short Story. Sorry Kuzi didn't have your addy. Construction is top notch, prelight aroma is typical nothing stands out. I use a punch cut and the prelight draw is just right. I light it up and right off the bat tons of smoke. Think and lucious (I think thats how you spell it, but I bet I'm wrong.). It has the typcial camaroon toothiness (spelling again) but there is some leather in the background. After a few puffs the leather comes on stronger and it just builds all the way to the last puff. I find that this cigar is not truely complex but I really enjoyed it. Why you ask! Number 1, it was a gift, free stix always taste better. Number 2, Superb construction and burn. Never having to worry about it, that makes for a great cigar. Number 3, the ash was almost a pure white, like salt with only a spec of pepper here and there. Number 4, it burned for an hour or so! I did walk away once but for only 5 mins or so. It burned so slow and evenly I wonder how long the other hemi's I have are going to burn for. This was a young stick, I had it for less than a week. I am sure just a little age would make it better, but I can't imagine much there was not a drop of harshness. Kuzi, try one ASAP, and write your short story has to be better than mine! Oh yeah, and send me your addy, I may try to buy a box of these!

But what I hope to really share with this story. I am still new to cigars, but the more I get involved the more I realize we all share the common thread of wanting others to enjoy them with us. I just recently gave a buddy from work a small humi with a few stix in it. I can't for him to tell me if he liked any of them. Hell these two guys never meet me before and where staying at a local hotel, they will NEVER see me again. I wish they knew how much I enjoyed it. Secondly have a happy and safe holiday. To anyone I sent smokes to, enjoy them please. I am happy to be part of this board and the great people that make it up.

Great story NJ Smokey. It reminds me of when Barco and I were in Old Town, San Diego and handed some primo cigars to a couple of guys at the next table who we were talking to. They were great cigars and it was nice to be able to pass them along - we hoped they enjoyed them like you enjoyed the SS.

AF Short Stories are a must for the humidor, no doubt about it.

thats a great story. gives me hope for the world. its good to know there are good people out there.

it also gives me hope that i may some day get in on a box split on these. 8) right now i have a package of about 10 cigars with room for about 8 (didnt i just get a new humi?). i dont know if i can fit even one more cigar.

Maybe we can work somehting out in the future.

Kuzi... are you saying you've never had a Short Story before? If you can somehow cram 1 or 2 "smallish" cigars into that humi of yours PM me your address and we'll take care of that.

Trent

Great story!

SS are fantastic smokes! I think I have 1 left in my humi.