after smoking some "good" stix. . .

Joined Jan 2008
13 Posts | 0+
out in the sticks w/ my sticks
ima newb, but after smoking stix for a couple of months, i have decided that cigarettes are an insult to tobacco

I used to smoke both- when I got married I gave up smoking for a year.
I then went back to smoking cigars only.
Every now & again I'll want to smoke (& don't have a cigar)& bum a cig.
They always suck!
:lol: I agree CC!

A friend and I were discussing this recently. He still smokes both, but I have given up cigarettes for 5 years now and would smoke when drinking.
After smoking cigars regularly for the past couple months, the smell alone of a cigarette is enough to make my stomach turn. I have to leave a room if there is too much cigarette smoking.

American Spirit is the only company I have any respect for as far as a cigarette manufacturer goes.

When I switched from cigs to cigars I was having withdrawl from the cigs while smoking a cigar. It was strange.

Hatchetman said:
American Spirit is the only company I have any respect for as far as a cigarette manufacturer goes.

Nat Sherman makes a few good sticks.
There are the English Oval - Great smoke.
A blend of mild tobacco in a filterless smoke.

I don't smoke cig's but know good smoke when I smell it!

i stopped smoking cigarettes a few years before picking up cigars. my then future wife quit smoking cigarettes with me. when i picked up cigars 6 months before we got married she couldnt understand. ... still doesnt :grumble:

now when i smell a cigarette im repulsed. When i smell a cigar im drawn in.

kuzi16 said:
now when i smell a cigarette im repulsed.

I would be willing to bet that's because of all the chemicals...maybe your now sensitive to them since you don't get them in a good cigar. At least that's the way it is with me as well...I don't like the smell of cigarettes unless they are American Spirit...def. a big difference, AS cigs are much less offensive because they are chemical free, like a good cigar. (I'm not an AS rep, I swear lol, but when I switched to them in my cig days...they opened my eyes to a whole new tobacco experience I can't forget)

With Cigs I switched to making them before I jumped ship to cigars. Thats the only way to go in my opinion if you must have a cigarette. You buy Natural tobacco and make them yourself.

ncosino said:
With Cigs I switched to making them before I jumped ship to cigars. Thats the only way to go in my opinion if you must have a cigarette. You buy Natural tobacco and make them yourself.

I still smoke cigs. along with 2 -3 cigars a day. I was smoking 3 packs a day. At 4 something a pack that adds up quickly. So I bought a 50.00 machine to roll my own. I can roll a pack for less than 1.00. I now smoke a pack or less a day. I never roll a full pack. Just 3-4 at a time and I am way down on my use. Hoping I can get down to less than 1/2 a pack a day. If I can do that I think I will be able to lay them down completly. Man I understand addiction. Nicotine has me in it's grasp and just dont want to let go. The commercial where they animate the nicotine receptors in your brain is exactly how I feel when I need a smoke.

Hue

We used to make bunch aput them in an empty box (that the tube came in.) And when you were going to leave the house you just grabbed a hanful and put tgem in you cis box...lol