Aged Cigars

This cigar is particularly delicious. It is one of those cigar that as soon as you light it up, you can tell it has been sitting for years. It is smooth, well balanced, but still has that distinct camacho flavor.

No yellow cello. These were literally nude in the aging room at camacho when I was offered them in Feb during our trip down to Honduras. After I placed my order, they put them in cello and boxed them up. Better this way anyway, 8 years of aging without cello does a ton to the cigar.

They have not sold this cigar since 2003 and the last year they were rolled was 1999.

I've had 3 of these so far and they are truly delicious. And though they are smaller than what I usually like to smoke, the draw is good, the smoke is plentiful, and they smoke nice and cool with a good even burn. They have a smooth, rich and mellow flavor.

I"ve also noticed the ash has a speckled appearance and wonder if this is a characteristic of aging.

I also have plowed through about 5 of these this week. The speckles or bumps in the ash are in fact a product of aging, you are correct. They are bloom or oil deposits.