All's Quiet On The Northeastern Front. . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
Latest readings:

TENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCH, . . .

HUT!!!!!

Desk Top I - 70%
Desk Top II - 63%
Desk Top III - 66%
Desk Top IV - 66%

It's that time of year when humidors, especially those stored in the basements of houses in America's temperate zone states have finally rebounded from the battering of the winter, when homes become dry and maintaining humidity levels in our humidors, especially those beautiful looking desk top models that so many of us use to adorn our bars, coffee tables and the top of our ex-fiancee's piano, which she may never pick up anyway, becomes a daily battle, and an often frustrating one.

All the above readings were taken within the past 15-18 hours, and without the assistance water "dishes" that I place in each humidor during the winter to help boost the humidifiers in their efforts to struggle against the dryness of the climate. Desk Top I did need me to place a booster water dish in it again long after I had removed them from the others and also Desk Top I. This particular humidor, although having the best seal of the four, has the most difficulty in maintaining proper humidity levels.

But now we are in the season where humidors stabilize and it becomes less of a daily battle to maintain proper readings, when we can relax for a couple of months, knowing that our cigars are in good stead, each one waiting patiently for its time to be smoked, and us knowing that when we reach in and choose it that it will be properly primed for our puffing pleasure.

So, go forth, all you temperate zone cigar smokers, enjoy this beautiful Memorial Day Weekend, take appropriate time out to observe it in its properly intended spirit, smoke one for the servicepeople past, present and future, and remember, . . .

when that first heat wave hits, you'll have to keep those humidors open a little more frequently and for occasional long periods of time. You wouldn't want to . . .

Meet The Beetles, . . .

not that way, anyway. :wink:

SEMPER FI!!! And all that good stuff.

:soldier: :tomcat:

70 (50 ct) and 68 (100 ct). The 100 count doesn't even have a humidifier in it at this point. it's sooo much easier to keep 'em steady in the summer

Niiiiiiiice gentlemen, verrrrryyyy, verrrrryyyy niiiiice. May you have numerous safe, pleasant and thoroughly enjoyable cigar smoking moments as our spring and summer seasons progress.

Well then, perhaps we can open up a forum for that.

Well, . . .

perhaps not.

But we can THINK about opening up a forum for that. :|

Figures it would be no less a friend of The Swimmah like BahstinBill to drag us down to the depths. :D :shock:

Contriband humidors; 64%, 64%, 65%,66%, 66%. NC's; 67%, 68%, 68%, 70%,71%. Things are good.

I have 10 desktops. Most are 150-200 size. I like variety, so I keep from 700-1K on hand. I'm in the process of designing a walk-in for the house. I have the tools, time, know how and money, but I find it difficult to be inside when the weather finally broke.

I have two desktops and one cabinet. The cabinet is by far the most stable for humidity levels of the three.

A walk-in is the ideal way to go. Plenty of space, excellent way to display what you have, and an even distribution of air flow. Sure is better than spending $5,000 to $10,000 for a Vigilant cabinet humidor.

:eek:mg:

Thank God for having "the tools, time, know-how and money." An idiot like me would have to pay someone about $15,000-20,000 to have something like that built. Not that I need or want one, but it sure pays to be handy.

I done growed up poor. If I needed something, I had to build it, fix a broken one, or do some old fashioned cypherin' and make something work.

Yeah, so did I, but I wasn't in an environment where I became handy, except for certain very specific or weird things. I did become resourceful I guess. I love manual labor. I definitely can lift, carry, slam, bang, shovel, etc., and prefer hand tools to power tools. I also take orders extremely well. You don't want to put a power drill or a chainsaw in my hand, though. We sold out a 3,000 seat arena once for a comedy show in which I was featured trying to screw sheetrock in.