Am I the only one that doesn't have time to finish a cigar?

Joined Aug 2005
41 Posts | 0+
Usually when I light up a cigar longer then 5 inches i find myself running out of time and have to cut the end off. i do this so I can at least finish it later.

Am i the only one that cuts the end when I find i'm short on time?

Anyway, my recent cigar puchases have all been 5 inches or shorter. I have 1 churchil cohiba in the humidor for a time I might be able to smoke it.

I love churchils though :cry:

oh well,
Matt

i usually dont smoke unless i know im going to have the time. as far as cutting the end off and smoking it later, :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

As a Churchill smoker myself, it can be discouraging not to have time for such a large cigar. As for cutting the end off for later, I'd have to agree with Mr. Higgs. Are you cutting that end off AFTER smoking the rest? You DO know that if you let a cigar go out for more than 60-90 minutes, if you try to relight it, you are basically going to be smoking garbage, right?

Once a cigar has gone out for more than an hour and a half, it is not time to relight it, it is time to play Taps.

I know it tastes nothing like it orginally does

I know it tastes nothing like it originally does but I can't stand the thought of tossing 4 inches left of a $6 churchil. It Doesn't usually matter, later when I light it up I can only smoke about an inch of it anyway before tossing it b/c of the taste. Thats why iv'e started reducing the size of the cigars I buy.

Matt

Well, it is good that you have recognized it no longer tastes as it should. There are chemical changes going on in a cigar while you are smoking it, and which also take place long after it goes out. The result of relighting part of a cigar that has had smoke passing through its leaves for a while, and then sat through a long period of going out is decidedly not pleasant. Your current solution of switching over to robustos is a good one.

Like I said, I am a Churchill smoker, so I know what you mean, and in the words of The Great StainMaker, . . .

Ah feeeeeeel yawhrrrr payne!!! :sm_angel:

Last year a neighbor gave me a nice Punch as a thank you gift. I saved it for a Sunday nigh when I was out on the porch getting my head into the upcoming week, when my neighbor pops by with his toddler. I vowed never to smoke in front of kids, so I let it go out (I still had 3/4th's of the stick to go). He stayed longer than I thought, and when they left it was too late to finish it. Hated saying goodbye to that one.
-D

i usually only smoke 2/3 of my cigar anyway. Old Winston only smoked half his cigars. He always said "the second half a good cuban is no better then a drug store cigar. :D

I used to smoke a cigar every morning outside my shop... and every morning a customer would could come in just after I would light up. I'd set my cigar down, they would spend an hour looking, not buy anything, and my cigar would me ruined. That got too expensive so now I only do that once in a great while. Today was a day I felt like relaxing and watching the traffic go by so I lit up a nice Oliva Master Blends and whatdaya know a customer comes by. I got a little more than 2/3 of it smoked this time but still. Any other day I would sit at my desk watching TV without an interruption but not when I light up...

for some cigars, old winston is right, but some cigars i smoke them to the nub, they just get better and better.

I hear ya...

... I seem to never have time for cigars, anyway. It hurts to have some good sticks in the humis and seem like I don't get much of a chance to smoke them.

But I do hear ya about the size/time issue. I have one humi of churchill size cigars that have been a long time a'waitin'!

I am a serious Butt sucker!
I'll explain why - many of you know my wife smokes (& I buy)
she will take some of the finest cigars you have heard/seen
& smoke 1/2 and leave the rest.
I buy a lot of small cigars - & she smokes them most of the time
but not always.
Have you ever found 1/2 a Siglo 6 in an ashtray :cry:
I will relight them and smoke them in the morning.
I have had a few fights over her smoking really fine cigars and not finishing them - usually her reply - "I'll finish it tomorrow"
Well when the bottom line comes to the bottom she gets what she wants! So I suck her butt - so to speak.
I still find the second half of a Siglo 6 to be better than (lets say a Punch rare whatever) and well I wish I lived with me & had access
to my humidor! (without having to buy them)
On the other side I have a beautiful wife that wants to smoke fine cigars & the rest I am learning to live with :?

Castle Crest!!!

:eek:mg: :cryinlaugh: :eek:mg: :rotflmao: :eek:mg: :cryinlaugh: :neer:

And as for your "proclivities", let's just say I think we have similar tastes, with one major difference. YOU have someone to "exercise" those proclivities WITH! :wink:

:cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :rotflmao: :pumpkin: :cryinlaugh: :neer: :neer:

Bloofington said:
Castle Crest!!!

:eek:mg: :cryinlaugh: :eek:mg: :rotflmao: :eek:mg: :cryinlaugh: :neer:

And as for your "proclivities", let's just say I think we have similar tastes, with one major difference. YOU have someone to "exercise" those proclivities WITH! :wink:

:cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :rotflmao: :pumpkin: :cryinlaugh: :neer: :neer:

Proclivities & proctology go hand in hand!:rotflmao:

:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg:

:cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh:

And that's probably because of the . . .

"protuberances" which are required for both of those "intricate procedures."

:cryinlaugh: :rotflmao: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :rotflmao: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh:

He who is Father To The Wolves has arrived. In him, we have a "Hemingway" :wink: among men.