Amback Herf

Joined Feb 2006
216 Posts | 0+
Jackson, MS
You know I had a pretty good idea. We should our own herf once a year. I think it would be one of the best ones out there.

The Amback Moocers Sitdown

Yes, it's at Ryan's house this summer; to christen his walk-in humi.

He's supplying the meat and cigars. SaWEEEEET!

Alex and I have talked about having one each year. Last year it was at Sullivan's downtown Chicago. There was probably 10 poeple from the forum there. This year it is at my house, you are all more than welcome to "store" your cigars in the new humidor. :wink: I am supplying the food, and probably a keg or two (last year it was two). But you will have to bring your own spirits.

Capt said:
Alex and I have talked about having one each year. Last year it was at Sullivan's downtown Chicago. There was probably 10 poeple from the forum there. This year it is at my house, you are all more than welcome to "store" your cigars in the new humidor. :wink: I am supplying the food, and probably a keg or two (last year it was two). But you will have to bring your own spirits.

hey capt, you happen to be anywhere near dearborn? my fiancee is originally from there...we go back there often for visits...

HighPSI said:
Capt said:
hey capt, you happen to be anywhere near dearborn? my fiancee is originally from there...we go back there often for visits...

I live about 30 minutes from Dearborn, Commerce Twp area.

Capt said:
HighPSI said:
Capt said:

I live about 30 minutes from Dearborn, Commerce Twp area.

nice, you in the auto biz by chance? maybe we'll plan up a trip that coincides with your shindig, that is if we're welcome...

Vocab question: what exactly is "herf"?

(I get from context that it is a sitdown of some sort, but is it short for something? Is it an acronym? Where does it come from?)

herf (hurf) n. 1. A social gathering of entusiasts who meet to share their love of cigars with one another.

Nice official definition, Teddy. dictionary.com comes up with "high energy radiation field," but yours sounds like more fun!

So when would this herf be theoretically taking place? I have been meaning to get up to Novi to meet Capt, but the arrival of the little ones has kept me around the house. This sounds like a good excuse to get out. Capt, if you are ever down here in AA and are looking to kill some time, I am always up for a stick.

Joe

What we NEED to do is have one out here on the west coast and get all of you characters out here!

Seriously though, I'd like to get one together for when I get back from Iraq next year.

Make sure that when you go to other cigar related web sites in the great beyond that is cyberspace, like the planet Altair-6, for example, that you do not mention the word "herf" until having made careful observation of your surroundings and the inhabitants therein. The word "herf" is considered heresy in certain parts of the galaxy, even by certain Star Fleet Command officers, at least one of which resides right here. We would like you to return to the confines of Cigar.com/Your American Back Yard safely, with phasers, photon torpedos and deflector shields intact.

Warp factor 10.4, Maxine, gun it!!!

:tomcat:

Bloofington said:
Warp factor 10.4, Maxine, gun it!!!

:tomcat:

10.4? You may want to ask Jesse52 - but I don't think the engines could hold out at that speed, Bloof.

Bloofington said:
Maxine performed some upgrades, including new dilithium crystals. :cryinlaugh:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Live long and prosper, Bloof.

Yes, I am a geek. LOL.