An exceedingly happy birthday

Joined May 2007
168 Posts | 0+
Northern California
My reason for wanting to learn how to include a photo in a post was so that I could show off a little and say something like, "WOO HOOOOO!! Lookee what I got for my birthday!!

First, my two sons surprised the bejabbers out of me with a bottle of, (dare I say it?)...BOOKER'S!! (125.7 proof, no less)

Then, this morning my child bride (we were married in 1960) presented me with a bottle of KNOB CREEK!!

I think I'll start with a snifter of the Booker's along with a nice CAO Gold or a Gurkha Vulcan. My, my, my.......

I suppose life could be better but, right at this moment, I don't see how............

Attachments

• Booker\'s 002 (360 x 480).jpg
    Booker\'s 002 (360 x 480).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Knob Creek (360 x 480).jpg
    Knob Creek (360 x 480).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 148
OOOHHH!!

Nice gifts Marty! Apparently someone likes you A LOT!!

:thumbsup:

Great gifts Marty! Hope you are having a wonderful birthday! Whatcha gonna smoke to celebrate?

DL

I haven't decided but I'm leaning toward the Gurkha Vulcan that's been resting in my coolidor for a while.

That's some good birthday presents right there. Bookers is awesome. I gotta get me another bottle to keep warm this Winter. Happy Birthday Marty!

Thanks very much, guys. It's been a great day.

Marty

Nice gifts, and married since the Nixon-Kennedy election? You deserve a parade for that alone. Enjoy your Birthday Month, and God bless you. By the way, I just passed a bottle of 125.7 proof on to a friend, after a few tastings myself. Does yours say 7 years, 0 months?

Yep. Sure does. 7 years, 0 months. Very nice stuff. It'll never see the inside of anything other than a snifter. I sure wouldn't want to sully it with water or anything.

Wasn't it W.C. Fields who said he wouldn't drink water because of the disgusting things fish do in it?

Thanks very much for the kind words and the birthday wish. This was a good year.

Marty

Absolutely. Great bourbon is fine by itself, needs no additives. As for water, other than making pasta, coffee or tea, I never touch the stuff, . . .

ever. I do not drink water. Yes, that's right. I do not drink water, . . .

ever.