An oops gives rise to a question

Joined Jul 2004
2K Posts | 0+
Southern AZ
I was on my way to work last week, when I realized I did not have my little bent pipe in my pocket. Well, I wasn't about to go all night without a smoke, so I stopped by a Walgreens all night drugstore, and bought the only thing they had, a Dr Grabow Grand Duke billiards style. I bought it, and left, without realizing this is a fiiltered pipe. My first one.
That evening I discovered the filter didn't really inhibit the draw, but, it seemed to wash some of the taste out. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?
Oddly enough, I have a small box of replacement filters a co-worker gave me a year ago when he discovered I had started smoking a pipe. Also, my co -workers stopped ribbing me about it when it finally dawned on them how much money I am saving over cigarettes, and how much better it smells to the non-smokers... 8)

armoredman said:
I was on my way to work last week, when I realized I did not have my little bent pipe in my pocket. Well, I wasn't about to go all night without a smoke, so I stopped by a Walgreens all night drugstore, and bought the only thing they had, a Dr Grabow Grand Duke billiards style. I bought it, and left, without realizing this is a fiiltered pipe. My first one.
That evening I discovered the filter didn't really inhibit the draw, but, it seemed to wash some of the taste out. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?
Oddly enough, I have a small box of replacement filters a co-worker gave me a year ago when he discovered I had started smoking a pipe. Also, my co -workers stopped ribbing me about it when it finally dawned on them how much money I am saving over cigarettes, and how much better it smells to the non-smokers... 8)

Yes, the filter will take quite a bit of flavor from you. Just remove it and smoke without them! You'll be much happier.

Armoredman,

My favorite pipe is a Dr. Graybow I bought in 1964 at the RTC, San Diego. I smoked it with filters for a while then, I was in places that the filters were not avaiable. Been smoking it that way ever since. I think that the filter chamber, empty, gives a better draw and a cooler smoke. Sometimes a pain to keep clean but, it's worth it.

DaninDayton
ilurkalot