An Unusually Fascinating Late Season Experience. . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
Quite simply put, it's the 23 year old version of Vintage Bourbon.

As you may remember, I first got a hold of its 17 and 21 year old stablemates months ago. There is a place in Brooklyn, very hard for me to make the time to go to, which has the 23 for a "walk-out price" of $119.21 ($110+tax). Because of their prices on the 17 and 21, I knew that I'd rather wait for the place I got those from to get the 23, rather than make the trip to Brooklyn. The place in Brooklyn is great, called LeNell's, and they have NYC's biggest bourbon selection, that's a fact. There's a thread reviewing my visit there last September 2nd on one of the previous pages. Like any other place, they have great prices on a few items, so-so prices on a few others, and high prices on a few others. I knew that the place I got the 17 and 21 at, would probably sell it for a "walk-out price" of $108.38 ($100+tax), IF they ever got it.

Well, last week I went into what is rapidly becoming my favorite liquor store, because eventually they get everything in, and their prices are great, almost across the board, although their major competitor, in their new location a couple blocks away, occasionally is the first to get something, and blow's away everyone's price on certain key items. The place I went to last week, unfortunately does not have a web site , and as a result, I can't follow them, and have to make time to go in.

Last week, I didn't have the money. To tell you the truth, right now I don't have ten dollars to spend on bourbon, let alone a "C" note. But there's this thing called money well spent on research and development. I went in, and they had the 23 year old stablemate. As I've said in a previous review, forget the 17. It starts off with the most beautiful wood flavor I've ever tasted, then smacks you in the mouth with salted fish, nothing but salted fish. The 21 is the new No. 4 on The Bloofy Top 25.

Warehouse Wines, the only major liquor store in the world left without a web site, had the 23 for the price I predicted, $100 plus tax, so $108.38 later I am heading toward my third tasting of this new item, probably tomorrow night, and I must say, . . .

it blows the 21 away. Now, if I compared the Vintage 21 year old to the quality of a Pappy's 20, and it eventually made the No. 4 spot, what does that tell you?

Here's another tip, on a horse.

Still Running in the 5th. :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh:

Thanks for the details Oh Bloofmeister!
I get to live a little vicariously through your reviews, 'cause I ain't spending no $100 on a bottle of that stuff....
:lol:

SOMEbody's gotta go . . .

In Search Of.

The job has fallen to me. :cryinlaugh: :mrgreen: :thumbsup: