Another intriguing no-name cigar. . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
On the top row of Desk Top III, reading at 71% humidity, despite the sudden dry, cool air that has moved in to the Northeast this weekend.

I chose a 7x48 Juan Y Ramon :dunno: , light Connecticut shade wrapped cigar, that said nothing on the band except the usual; Republican Dominicana, Hecho a Mano, etc.

Who gave it to me, how long have I had it? :dunno: A while, I know that much. And once again, a complete no-name cigar blasted a home run, smoking from 2033 hours to 2156 hours, a bit tight on the draw, but not unsmokeable. Beautiful, full bodied, ass kicking cigar, flavors of peppery tobacco, sweet vanilla cream, with occasional lilacs burnished with cinnamon.

I think it's obvious by now that I've had a lot of no-name cigars that kicked major tuchas, with some big names falling flat on their faces. This is not to say that the big names are no good, but it's a good lesson that sometimes a big name and millions in advertising doesn't mean better or more satisfying at the consumer level.

Seek, and ye shall find. Or make some friends, and start sending each other cigars. :D

Back to the major plumbing problems. See ya 'round.