Any sitdowns coming up ?

Joined Feb 2005
62 Posts | 0+
West Sussex, UK
I am all the way over in the UK and at the end of the year/start of next I am planning to have some time off and I thought what better than jumping on a plane and popping across the pond, I wondered if anyone could advise me of any sitdowns or meetings or whatever cigar related I could get involved in, let me know guys................If It helps for geography I'll probably be based in Raleigh NC as my aunt lives there

Cigar Afficionado's The Big Smoke in Las Vegas, November 2006!

Yeah good idea Doc-T, although I was thinking of something a little more 'low-key' if you know what I mean

Capt said:
When you get here, let us know. We will MAKE something happen!

Same here for Da Burgh

Enjoy, Vince

Well I am a little closer to where you will be then some of the other guys. I would be happy to organize something. That time of year is also the best time to get a condo/hotel here since it is not peak season. The weather would be in the upper 60s during the day.

I can start planning something if everyone would be up for it!

I am SO gonna be there!!!!

Just make sure its BEFORE November 15th. You know how us northern deer hunters are!

end of the year/start of next I am planning to have some time off

It would be After that date capt... and should give people plenty of time to plan a trip. If I could get a rough headcount I could go talk to hotels and try to get a deal for us.

I didn't mean it like THAT!! His Mom has a nice place (I have heard), and I refuse to stay in a hotel, cause Bildo is gonna cook me steak and eggs for breakfast like I did for him, Alex, and Cybrus!

Who needs a cook, I am for hire, will work for single malt & cigars !

What part of the UK are ya from SiDog? I am originally from Oxford, many years ago that is. Having said that I hope that right now you are in Germany making sure that the nation that invented football is well represented. *Points downward to signature*

Regardless I would be up for a sit down seeing as I missed out on the Capt's cigar bash of the year.

Cloudy, believe me when I say this isnt the last one in Michigan this year. I plan on having another this summer, but I don't expect anyone from out of state to be here. Maybe just a small get together at the my house or Novi Chophouse.

you just might get some one from out of state, I have family in Clio & Flint, you never know where or when I might show up !!!!

Sounds good Capt. My summer schedule is packed tight but I would give serious thought to completely blowing off some previous commitment :lol: to have a sit down.

Me and my g/f are most likely going to try and make our way to Comerica Park probably in late August, maybe if you have the time we could meet someplace in D-Town beforehand, have a smoke and then go watch the Tigers beat up on some team. Nothing concrete yet but it's something to consider.

I should be able to make anything the Capt sets up--last time was a great party and wonderful way to kick start a week's vacation--and will make every effort to come down for Bildo's sit down.

We could also have a sit down here at my new house in Charlotte....6 one half dozen the other as far as the distance...i think I'm a little closer to Bildo, but what do I know!! :wink: Either way I'd love to come down for a sit down...life has just kept me from meeting any of the fine folks on this board, and it's about damn time!!
:lol: