Any thoughts on SP Belicosos?

Joined Jan 2005
2K Posts | 0+
So Cal
Tonight I had my first Sancho Panza Belicosos. Aside from a tight draw the first inch it was a nice even burn. It had a decent aroma and it was a mild, creamy smoke and I thought I noticed dark chocolate as well. Since I usually go for the fuller-bodied sticks I was wondering if anyone had opinions on the other sizes in this line as well as the Beli?

Muchas gracias :)

I have never tried the Sancho Panza line. I have found my self graviting toward the Belicosos shape/size in the cigars I enjoy. The Cuban Belicosos are my all time favorites but there are more and more NC Belicosos that I am enjoying smoking. When I go into the cigar shop now I look for the size then the brand. I purchased a number of the Perdomo "fresh rolled" cigars in the torpedo size and have found them to be quite good for the price. Shape over brand.

the extra fuerte has a little more body. Although i remember at least somewhat enjoying the cigar, there was nothing special enough to it to keep me coming back for more. I can't remember every detail right now, but I never bought it again if thats any help.
Wasn't that i disliked it, but just wasn't impressed enough to add it to the rotation.

Ha ha...I've tried the Honduran Sanchos, but I was referring to the Cuban brand :lol:

hmm, i had 3 viles of blood drawn this morning. Ill blame that for my lack of attention. Aparently im out of it this morning.

i had a sancho panza once and i had a tin of their minis. i wasnt impressed with either. i should give them another try.

AG:

Try the Double Maduro Quiote's (Honduran's) from SP.

Rich, dark and oily with the dark chocolate notes you mentioned. Excellent value for a relatively inexpensive smoke..

axegod75 said:
Ha ha...I've tried the Honduran Sanchos, but I was referring to the Cuban brand :lol:

It's an OK smoke!
I have a few kicking around, but usually grab something else in the size.
Probably the cheapest of the Torp's in Cuban smokes.
I'd g with the Diplimaticos before the SP.
Or HU #2 & or Monte #2
Not a bad smoke, but the pthers are better IMHO

nmcowboy said:
Lets not forget the Bolivar Belicosa Fino, probably my favorite cigar.

Your right this should be on the list if not top it!

IMHO the Bolivar line is one of the best!
These cigars are always as a good smoke -
I am never dissapointed witha Bolivar unless I want a mild smoke!

nmcowboy said:
Lets not forget the Bolivar Belicosa Fino, probably my favorite cigar.

I have a few of those to try as well. I'm just waiting for them to settle down from their journey :D

Axe...the BBF will ruin you man! You had better send them to me and CastleCrest to despose of properly. Once you go down that road there is no turning back.

nmcowboy said:
Axe...the BBF will ruin you man! You had better send them to me and CastleCrest to despose of properly. Once you go down that road there is no turning back.

Believe me, it's already too late :lol:

axe did you smoke the Boli petit coronas? For some reason i can't remember if i talked to you about them yet or not. I like those but there are others out there i like better.

Yes I did. Strong little stick. I'm letting the other one rest for a while.

axegod75 said:
nmcowboy said:

Believe me, it's already too late :lol:

Never to late - start one stick at a time!

I here for you! :wink: