Anyone had bubble tea yet?

Joined Feb 2003
128 Posts | 0+
Columbus, Ohio
I found a tea cafe here in town and they serve this stuff called bubble tea. Its hard to explain so I attached a link. I really like it.
So far I have tried the Lychee w/green tea bubbles, Kiwi w/ green tea bubbles, cocnut w/ black tea bubbles, and my favorite, sesame with green tea bubbles. Sounds odd but it is pretty good; check it out if you get the chance.

http://www.bubbletea.com

That is a VERY interesting web site and drink, Munch. As a matter of fact, it also sounds very refreshing, and I think it would do well in a place like New York City, especially with a skyrocketing Asian population, not that you'd have to be Asian to like or try it, because I'd certainly love to. It would provide a great alternative to coffee and other drinks in the summertime. After reading however, about the special ingredient, and the part about why they call it "boba" tea, I have one thing to say, . . .

Hey fellas, . . .

HOLD THE TAPIOCA!!!!! :D :shock: :shock:

Bloofington-

It's kinda like eating sushi or sashimi; if you can get past the texture, it's all good. :D

I've had tapioca plenty of times before, but to see it described as it was on the web site, uh, uh. And besides, I've had it in pudding, but . . .

NOT MY TEA!!! UGH!!!

I have found dont knock it till you have tryed it, just like putting Tabasco on Cottage cheese, sounds sick, but with a little sweetness from some Honey it is a wonderfull side dish, & makes a great filling for a dumpling , Hot & slightly sweet, wrapped in a wonton skin, or a big old peice of pasta, its all good, I havent tryed bubble tea my self, but I will look for it the next time I am in China town, ( only a few stores here in the Burgh) all on the same block. not like NYC, or SF.
Enjoy, Vince

Vince, with recipes like that, you really need to put in at least ONE appearance on Iron Chef, LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! :lol:

I wrote to TV food network, I will challenge any of them, I might get my rather large postierior kicked big time But I will tell you right now they will know they were in a real food fight !, I dont have the luxury of the top notch pantry they work from , but I do know how to use all that stuff, , I have never had to do bone cutting like they do on eel , but I know I could do it if the need was there, I have a list of "stuff" I would want to make allready in my head, depending on what the show was going to based on , I know I would make an apitizer, soup,salad, main corse & a desert, 5 dishes in one hour, all from the same ingreadent , how about NY strip steak Ice cream ? , just like chocolate chip, but with Beef ! Yea baby ! Moooooo ! hahaha, Enjoy, Vince

Listen, after seeing some of the stuff they do on that show, not to mention Emeril, NY Strip Steak ice cream doesn't sound all that far out, LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! :shock: :D :shock:

I was just thinking about that, should I cook the beef first, or do it RAW , hummmm, sushi ice cream, what do you think? hahahah
Enjoy, Vince

Yea thats it, My poor over worked mind just coulnt come up with the words ! Moooooolicuses! hahaha, Enjoy, Vince

I have only used kobi beef one time , tasted it 3 times, but I dont think you could tell what it was blended in a shake, cooking the beef to med.rare then adding it to ice cream with a port wine reduction sweeted with coco powder & hony would kick some @$$!
Enjoy, Vince