Back to basics. . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
Recently had a chance to stop by my sister's apartment in Brooklyn. Hadn't seen her in a while, and our mom was in town visiting from Nawth Cal Lahna.

My sister let me use her apartment a couple times a week beginning about two years ago when my girl broke up with me, to relieve me of the daily 4 1/2 to 5 hour commute from my home upstate. As such, I have a few things there, my other nebulizer, a Freedom Press, electric coffee grinder, a change of clothes, toothbrush, etc. So, when I was there, knowing I won't be there all that much from now on, I checked out the freezer in her kitchen, and sure enough, there was most of a pound of Colombian Supremos whole bean coffee from my favorite local roaster Oren's, still there in its original bag.

Knowing that any deterioriation would have been minimal, I decided to take it with me, because I need some variety up at the house, and sometimes you just have to go Colombian, because it's just the most basic coffee there is. Even though coffee as we know it originated in Ethiopia, and for sure, a lot of my favorite coffees hail from Africa, nontheless, good Colombian coffee has sort of become the 'typical' coffee that many people think of when coffee is mentioned.

And good, well roasted Colombian Supremos beans has a rich, classic, unmistakeable flavor. After using that bag of coffee just a couple times before beginning the daily trek from my house upstate, having left the use of my sister's apartment behind months ago, these beans lost nothing. Rich, thick, very thick coffee, with a wonderful milk chocolate like flavor, well balanced, full bodied. Hey, if I keep hitting these Colombian beans, I'm going to run out soon.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, thanks to a certain 'coffee maven's' recent reviews :wink: , we've all seen that the folks at Kaldi's know what they're doing when it comes to roasting coffee beans. Have to check them out and see if they have this one.