Bad case of TAD

Joined Jul 2005
3K Posts | 0+
MI
I know I haven't been around lately, and I haven't been smoking much either. But the other day, I just had a sudden attack of TAD.... (Tabacco aquisition disorder). Here is what I ordered:

Samuel Gawith: Black XX Rope 50g
Samuel Gawith: Fire Dance Flake 50g
Cornell & Diehl: Sunday Picnic (2oz)
Esoterica: Penzance 2oz
Dan Tobacco: Blue Note 8oz
Cornell & Diehl: Manhattan Afternoon (2oz)
Cornell & Diehl: Interlude (2oz)
Cornell & Diehl: Green River Vanilla 2oz
Cornell & Diehl: Autumn Evening 2oz

I do smoke my fair share of VA's and VaPer's, but I do love my aromatics. That Autumn Evening is unbelievable! I ordered from http://www.smokingpipes.com. They have the best selection and hands down best prices around. If anyone is interested in a review of the above tobaccos, let me know. And, as always, before you buy ANY tobacco, read the reviews on it at:
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com. I promise you, this site will become you bible when it comes to pipe tobacco.

Happy smoking!!!!!

Ryan

Ryan, spot on! The review site is incredile.

You did place quite a hefty order. Considering your penchant for cigars, you must be enjoying your pipe more frequently and cigars less?

Your list has a few on it that I enjoy. Be careful the rope - the nicotine hit can be quite a jolt to the system.

Todd

Todd, I have heard the nocitine is quite powerful when it comes to ropes. I have actually been smoking pipes a little bit more than cigars lately, but I still find time for a nice robusto.

Good to see you back in the pipe forum. What have you been smoking lately?

Yesterday I had a bowl of Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake. Wonderful blend. A VaPer. It is very rich. There is a wide range of Virginias, from rich to bright, topped off with a healthy dose of Perique.

Earlier this week I had a couple bowls of Escudo from a newly opened tin that I had received 2001.

I celebrated my birthday on Tuesday while camping at Kohler-Andrae State Park (I was 45 on Wed.) I had a Punch double maduro Rothschild and a Romeo & Julieta Churchill (ISOM) from 1997.

It was a good birthday with a host of friends camping with us. My Dad, step-mother and brother came down as well. Goose Island Oatmeal Stout was the drink of choice - stood up well with both cigars.

Todd

Capt said:
But the other day, I just had a sudden attack of TAD.... (Tabacco aquisition disorder).

Seems like a serious condition...thankfully there's no known cure.

I did it again!

I don't know what it is. Maybe the weather cooling down, or maybe the anxiety for Sept 15th (grouse hunting opener) to get here, but I had another case of TAD. I have been ordering from http://www.smokingpipes.com, and I have been VERY happy with their selection and service. Here is the order:

1 tin GL Pease Blackpoint
1 tin CAO Devil's Holiday
1 tin C&D Haunted Bookshop
1 tin McClelland Pal O' Mine
2 oz. Peter Stokebye Cherry
2 oz. McClelland 3 cherry blend

I have never smoked cherry blends before, but I had a sudden craving for something cherry. Neither are sickly sweet, and both burn clean and dry.

wow! Sounds great. As soon as it cools down here I'll start smoking mine again.

I really enjoye the Haunted Bookshop, and the Blackpoint. Its always hit or miss with aromatics for me, but I will usually begin to like them just as the tins gets empty......