Bad smelling places

Joined Jan 2005
302 Posts | 0+
South Central PA
When my wife goes into craft shops. I wait outside. I get sick to my stomach from all the spices. My eyes even water.

I can only last about three minutes in a old book store- smell of old books makes me sick.

The exhaust fan smell of a Chinease restaurant- old oil smell- makes me sick.

The smell of any food or restaurant that uses curry which smells like a horse saddle blanket- a no no.

Most womens perfumes are too spicey and irritates me. When they get the perfume right- I want to thank them.

Most mens cologne are just too strong and offensive.Should not be allowed in elevators, or sitting next to me in a restaurant. I've done funny things in restaurants when patrons around me either smell bad or behave bad. Recently, I was confronted with this problem in a good restaurant.Management was great- we were rewarded with the owners table for two in the kitchen. I loved it.
Malone

Well Malone, seeing as how I tend to smell like a horses saddle blanket, or better yet horse sweat and manure, I'll remember to stay downwind. It must suck to be you though man, do you ever get out doors?

your probly just very sensitive to smells. some people are just like that. i remember a news article a long time ago where a woman was arrested for torturing her husband. he was the kind that was very affected by smells, more so than you. she filled the house with potpouri and all kinds of insense, he got home and fell to the floor and she let him lie there in agony for days till some one found him.

nmcowboy:
My rear yard backs up to a 250 acre farm. When plowing starts and the manure is spread. The smell is like heaven.
I recently owned a six acre property- three acres were fenced in with two horses with a nice stalled barn. Life was good. Had to sell it and downsize due to extensive travel. I still miss it. I always enjoyed cleaning out the stalls.

Let's see if I get this straight, and please keep in mind I AM . . .

The Great Dumboni. :duh:

You USED to be full of horse manure, but you changed your life around and now spend a lot of time running away from it. :cryinlaugh: :neer: :neer:

:help: :giveup: :help: :giveup:

:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :help:

bloofy bloofy bloofy... i just dont know where to start.

Happy to hear it Malone, not that what I think means a thing, but if you like cigars and tolerate horses, you have to be alright.

Yeah, horses, cigars, nature, sweet smelling country air, that's the good life to me. You can keep the Caribbean condo on the beach surrounded by drunken, pierced, tattooed androids in thongs and Bermuda shorts scene. Gimme the wide open spaces away from civilization. On the serious side, I hope Malone gets to renew his acquaintance with the horses and the rest of the life he had someday.

Bloofington:
You are up very early, or out late.
I live in farm & horse country. What could be better.Greater yet, there are golf courses all around me.
Not a sidewalk within 5 miles.
Malone

"Not a sidewalk within 5 miles." :D :thumbsup:

I love it, although you can keep the golf courses.

As for me, I'm at work, although if I wasn't I might be up anyway.

I wouldn't know what to do with a golf course, never had much interest in the game, although I do find golf balls on my place from time to time, never have figured out were they are coming from. Side walks on the other hand are my favorite passtime. Constantly pouring cemet around the place. Nearest pavement to me is 9 miles away, and a little mud releif is well worth the time spent.

hmm, all the city slickers were asleep last night while you guys posted away. Now that i am at work i can comment on how much i love horses, mud, and especially cows. I don't get to go to the farm much but we own a tobacco farm in ohio, and my best friend owns a cattle farm. Many fun times on the cattle farm.....

I always loved being around cattle, like on my father's farm in Puerto Rico. He always has around 24-30 head. It's a very moooooooooooving experience.

Malone,

My friend, since you brought it up, IMO golf courses are some of the best places for great smells (to include great cigars).

The back nine here runs along the Caribbean, with all kinds of palm trees and tropical flowers; they've really got to work at keeping pruned back or it over runs the course. The front nine goes through landscaped foothills that have a ton of trees (just perfect for creaming yourself with a richochet shot), and some tight fairways.

They are pretty loose about smoking on the course (as long as you dispose of it somewhere other than the freeway, tees or near the holes). Clubhouse is the same way, and since a lot of folks here smoke cigars, I view that as a blessing.

My brother in law flew in this past Saturday and he brought LE Cohiba Double Coronas (2003) with him. We played on Sunday in sunshine, temperature of 81%, with light breezes (perfect for smoking cigars during play). I had to return the favor, so when we got to the 19th hole, I brought out some el Rey Del Mundo Grande de Espana sticks that I've been aging for awhile. With cold drinks, they hit the spot. Pretty soon, you couldn't see the table for the cloud cover :wink:

cian