Best Bourbon or Whiskey with a meduim to full cigar

Joined Aug 2007
10 Posts | 0+
Bellevue WA
I am looking to venture out, as of now I prefer Jim Beam neat. Looking for suggestions

I am sure there are gonna be tons of tastes out there. I am sticking with a familiar one. I love Crown Royal, anytime! Straight up or on the rocks. Friday night I had a few quadruple's with a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. MMMMmmmm.....!

Jim Beam is also always a welcome taste!

A few quadruples. Since there's only 16.9 shots per bottle, that means ya done gone and drank the whole thang!!! Wooooooo!!!

In mulling this over, I can't really think of a bourbon that will overpower a medium to full-bodied cigar. If you had said light cigar, I might be able to break it down some, but a strong cigar speaks for itself, and when you're not sipping the bourbon, and turn back to puffing the cigar, nothing will get lost. If anything gets lost, it'll be the bourbon, until the next sip.

Go for what you know, and when it comes to bourbon, it all depends on your budget. You can see the thread with my latest Top 25 for suggestions, and there's something for every budget down to about $20-23 a bottle, depending on where you live, and what taxes are like.

I appreciate the input, I have been going over your list. Great list by the way. I missed the post before I posted my question. I figure the new guy usually gets one dumb question.

Nah, no dumb questions at all. Besides, there's only 25 bourbons on my Top list, and I've tried 83 in all. I've got other suggestions if the Top 25 doesn't yield enough tries, especially in the low budget range.

Bloofington said:
Nah, no dumb questions at all. Besides, there's only 25 bourbons on my Top list, and I've tried 83 in all. I've got other suggestions if the Top 25 doesn't yield enough tries, especially in the low budget range.

You've only tried 83, common man time to expand your horizons :lol:

Chris, I don't really keep notes on them, but I do refer to the archives here, and also have quite a bit of mental notes on most, which I can call up from memory, although if it's been years since I had something, like the Elijah Craig 18, I might have trouble remembering what it tasted like.

I'm developing quite a taste for bourbon, and enjoying finding what I can on Bloof's top 25 list as well. But I can say that since I tried Gentleman Jack (basically jack daniel's that's charcoal filtered again after fermenting) it ranks up high on my list, especially for under 30bux/bottle. I just got one on sale for $23 bucks and it's worth every penny. Great for sipping neat or on the rocks. I've drank half a bottle so far this week. A double or triple a night with a good cigar really relaxes me after a busy day at work. The slight sweetness really pairs up well with a good maduro IMHO.

YES, YES, yes, Mr. Black, I agree totally. I haven't had Rare Breed in quite a while, because I refuse to pay more than $35 inclusive of tax or shipping, and it's hard to find at that price any more.

Yes, I've given up the GJ for KC since I made that last post. Great stuff, especially when it's on sale for $20 at the local BevMo :wink: