best cigar in ten years

Joined Dec 2006
141 Posts | 0+
Mesa, AZ
OK, you guys may not be impressed. I got into the cigar thing about ten years ago and smoked a few. After all the local purveyors went under I bought smokes from the drug store and local grocery store. What was the result? I learned to keep the receict so I could return the "mummies". Kind of gave up on cigars. A month or so ago I took a trip from Phx. up to Sedona with my girlfriend. She had to go do some business and I drove around town for a while. (I 'm runnng out of room here so I'll cut to the chase). I stopped by a cigar store, in hopes of finding a good cigar. I'm really a nehofite(sp), so I asked the guy what should I buy? He recommended (I hve the box right here), Cohiba, made in the rep of Dominica. The band has a disclaimer that is is not associated with Cuba. But perhaps they "protest to much". Revived my interest in cigars. Not only that, I have this big jug of JB scotch that I never cared for and low and behold, the scotch tastes good now (with the cigars). The sun is coming out so to speak.

Nice find there brother, now enjoy each and every one the way their makers intended them to be enjoyed.

I've had a few Cohiba's and still have at least one red dot in a humidor. Not a bad smoke, but not great and very overpriced IMHO. It's not likely that I will buy any more of them as I can name about 20 cigars and counting that I like much better.

Like two peas in a pod of the luxury world, cigars and whiskey can often be found together. Both known as two of the finer things in life, when used jointly, they work to enhance the drinking and smoking experience.

Aye, again point well taken.

DL

Cohiba is one of favorite cigar, I love the coffee bean flavor it has and combustion is also very good.

Espléndidos, Robustos, Magicos and siglo etc, I love all of them as each has its own peculiar flavor.

Last edited: