Best drink to go with a medium-full cigar?

Joined Jun 2007
15 Posts | 0+
what do you find is the best? Something nice and strong to have with ice but yet something that doesnt hide the cigars rich taste?

opinions?

Dave

Cup of ice coffee. almost always have coffee with my cigar; even at night. Its not the same without it.

phisherman said:
Cup of ice coffee. almost always have coffee with my cigar; even at night. Its not the same without it.

Add some Gan Marnier to that coffee and it would be perfect :wink:

Don't smoke anymore....but when I did, nothing beat the combo of a H. Upmann and a glass of single malt. I always liked Glenmorangie's 18 year.

I like a dark beer. I prefer my own brown ale but I will settle for a good quality bock or even a stout.

On the flip side, sometimes I like a diet Pepsi...

Try an orange Gatorade with any cigar...

I have yet to find a cigar that does not go with orange Gatorade.

Call me stupid...

Maybe it is just me...

Carduus said:
Try an orange Gatorade with any cigar...

I have yet to find a cigar that does not go with orange Gatorade.

Call me stupid...

Maybe it is just me...

stupid.

Just kidding.
Im actually gunna go pick some up to give this a try. I like gatorade, i like cigars... worth a shot.

if i drink anything with my cigars its usually coke (not pepsi) or water.

nothing else.

ArmyCPT said:
Don't smoke anymore....but when I did, nothing beat the combo of a H. Upmann and a glass of single malt. I always liked Glenmorangie's 18 year.
Excellent taste, sir!

As for me, one of these will usually be my choice: a snifter of single malt, a tumbler of rum on the rocks, a decent beer (often Guinness, though right now I'm drinking Negro Modelo), or coffee

It's become a bit of a trendy drink, but a good Mojito (the kind you do yourself where you muddle and mix everything. No mixes) is cool and refreshing and goes great with a good medium to full body cigar.

I will beat the drum once more - but I like a nice cup of coffee with a stronger cigar - it usually seems to be the best pairing for me.

Now when I am smoking a mild to medium cigar - give me a nice 10 to 20 year old port - that is fantastic.