Best Scotch for a Wedding

Joined Dec 2007
109 Posts | 0+
Henderson, TN
A friend of mine is getting marrier and I am wanting to get a bottle of scotch for him. Something in the 50 - 75 dollar range. Any suggestions?

Cannot beat Macallan Cask Strength. Cybrus bought me a bottle a few years back when he came to the Cigar-B-Q, and I still have half left of that particular bottle. Even though I have enjoyed a few bottles since, I keep that bottle half full just in case good friends slide in town.

As a newbie scotch drinker, I would recomend the Glenmorangie Port Wood Finish scotch. It does not come across as a strong scotch - especially for someone who might not be into some of the stronger flavors that some scotches have, but simply has lots of good flavors.

Congratulations to your friend, and good luck with your search.

Capt said:
Cannot beat Macallan Cask Strength. Cybrus bought me a bottle a few years back when he came to the Cigar-B-Q, and I still have half left of that particular bottle. Even though I have enjoyed a few bottles since, I keep that bottle half full just in case good friends slide in town.
Glad you enjoyed it! That's one of my favorites as well. I have to second the recommendations of Capt and Bikeman:

Macallan Cask Strength (especially if the drinkers know/like scotch)
Glenmorangie Port Wood Finish or Madeira Wood Finish (cheaper but still excellent - better for people that may not have much experience with good scotch

Also recommended by me: Red Breast Irish Whisky - I rank this up there with just about any really good scotch