Black Ops Bravo help

Joined Nov 2013
7 Posts | 0+
Louisiana
So I got a Black Ops Bravo lighter today and I'm having problems with it. It will spark and light for a split second but it won't stay lit no matter what adjustment I set the flame setting at. Anyone have any ideas?

Could be one of two things: the lighter is clogged or you didn't get much fuel in.
Try refueling again, if that doesn't work- return it to where you bought it.

Could be one of two things: the lighter is clogged or you didn't get much fuel in.
Try refueling again, if that doesn't work- return it to where you bought it.

Re fueling you say? Ok I'm feeling pretty dumb now. I never put any butane in it from the get go. It makes a hissing sound amd it will light initially so I thought it came with butane.:dunno:
I mean, it wouldn't even light for a second if it was empty, right?
How would I go about un clogging it if this is the case?

I have no idea how to unclog a lighter, but I am surprised it came with any fuel in it. Did you buy it in person or order it from someone who would ship it to you.
Lighters are shipped without fuel (or are supposed to be) and UPS will not handle shipments of butane. By any chance did you buy it at CI on sale for just under $10 or CBID ?

I have no idea how to unclog a lighter, but I am surprised it came with any fuel in it. Did you buy it in person or order it from someone who would ship it to you.
Lighters are shipped without fuel (or are supposed to be) and UPS will not handle shipments of butane. By any chance did you buy it at CI on sale for just under $10 or CBID ?

I bought it on ebay for just over $10 with free shipping. I bought some knock off piece of junk didn't I?

Not necessarily, lighters are a crap shoot. I even have a Xikar that I can't seem to get working.

Not necessarily, lighters are a crap shoot. I even have a Xikar that I can't seem to get working.

Hm I see. Well this sucks lol. It feels heavy amd seems like a well made lighter except for the whole not staying lit thing...

Starting to think I may have bought a used lighter that was just marked as new. It had to have come with a little gas in it because I stopped at the store on my way to work this morning and bought some butane for it. Now it works perfectly fine. It had to have had SOME butane in it though because it would light for a second it just wouldn't stay lit.

Eh, oh well. Lesson learned buying cheap ebay lighters I guess.

I'm having a little trouble with this one, but for under $ 4 it's not expensive.

Attachments

• Windproof-Python-Shape-Butane-Refillable-Cigarette-Cigar-Lighter-Bronze_320x320.jpg
    Windproof-Python-Shape-Butane-Refillable-Cigarette-Cigar-Lighter-Bronze_320x320.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 3