Black Pearl Coffee

G

Over the past thirty years I have tried a lot of exotic coffees. Kilimanjaro reserve, Java Estate, A dozen different pounds of Jamaican Blue Mountain , Some private reserve coffee given to me by an Indian colleague from his parents plantation in south central India. A month or so ago I bought a half pound of Black Pearl coffee at Boulevard Coffee in Carmichael, California. This was a special dark roast of one bag they were fortunate to get. I think it was the best coffee I have ever had. Deep dark roast flavor, full body and very little of the harsh finish common to dark roasts. I am told this coffee comes from Panama and am seeking to learn more about it. Unfortunately "Black Pearl" isn't a trademarked coffee name so searching for it on the net has been unproductive. If your specialty roaster has Black Pearl buy some if you can. I liked it more than Blue Mountain and I've enjoyed some very fine Blue Mountain.

20 years for me, drinking gourmet coffee, that is. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely keep my eye out for it, and my search engines ready as well.