Blind Reviews

Hey guys, how are we doing with these. I think we need to get these reviews out. I will try and get one done this week. Can the rest of you try too?

Will try Hendry...

I was thinking about this the other day and feeling bad...mea culpa

Blind Cigar #3 from Dave (Phisherman)

It’s Saturday night, and I’m in my garage with my trusty space heater and my laptop with cigar 3 from the blind taste test.

Pre light
This cigar appears to be a corona with a rich, brown wrapper and a wonderful pre-light aroma of leather and barnyard. It snips easily and the draw is fluid and light.

1 Third
After lighting the cigar, I get leather and toasted nut flavors. The cigar gives off a generous amount of thick, gray smoke with an aftertaste of nutmeg and licorice.

2 Third
The burn is a bit uneven but seems to correct itself with little effort on my part. This third has rich flavors of coffee and toast. There is definitely an increase in intensity of the flavors. I’m picking up some notes of dark cherry.

Last third
I had another problem with the burn, but the flavors are definitely making up for it. It’s still picking up intensity into the last third.

Overall impression:
A medium- to full-bodied cigar with lots of flavor and complexity. It makes for a fine short smoke and satisfies the palate.

Rating:
4/6 smoke rings (a good cigar)

My guess is a Montecristo #4.

Blind Cigar #4 from Dave (Phisherman)

It’s Sunday afternoon on a cold, rainy Ohio Day. I’m in the garage with my space heater and a bottle of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

Pre light
This cigar is a long, thin stick finished with a pigtail cap. It has a pale, chocolate wrapper with a pre-draw of sweet cedar.

1 Third
The cigar light easily, and I am immediately presented with flavors of leather and light cocoa. I am also picking up flavors of honey and vanilla. The smoke is aromatic and already enjoyable. The draw is slightly firm, but I have no complaints.

2 Third
The ash is a salt-and-pepper greay and holds well on the end. The flavors are still consistent with vanilla, honey, and toast.

Last third
I am still enjoying the smoke. The flavors are still similar but picking up a bit in intensity. The burn has been fairly even and has corrected itself.

Overall impression:
A mild- to medium-bodied smoke with rich flavors, it makes for a pleasant afternoon smoke making one feel there’s not a care in the world.

Rating:
5/6 smoke rings (a great cigar)

My guess is a Cohiba Lancero. If I made a second guess: Trinidad Fundadore.

chrisguinther said:
Blind Cigar #3 from Dave (Phisherman)

It’s Saturday night, and I’m in my garage with my trusty space heater and my laptop with cigar 3 from the blind taste test.

Pre light
This cigar appears to be a corona with a rich, brown wrapper and a wonderful pre-light aroma of leather and barnyard. It snips easily and the draw is fluid and light.

1 Third
After lighting the cigar, I get leather and toasted nut flavors. The cigar gives off a generous amount of thick, gray smoke with an aftertaste of nutmeg and licorice.

2 Third
The burn is a bit uneven but seems to correct itself with little effort on my part. This third has rich flavors of coffee and toast. There is definitely an increase in intensity of the flavors. I’m picking up some notes of dark cherry.

Last third
I had another problem with the burn, but the flavors are definitely making up for it. It’s still picking up intensity into the last third.

Overall impression:
A medium- to full-bodied cigar with lots of flavor and complexity. It makes for a fine short smoke and satisfies the palate.

Rating:
4/6 smoke rings (a good cigar)

My guess is a Montecristo #4.

Nope, Good ole PLPC from '05. I really wish I held onto more of these as they are awesome and age them; but I really enjoy reading the positive reviews of the stick.

chrisguinther said:
Blind Cigar #4 from Dave (Phisherman)

It’s Sunday afternoon on a cold, rainy Ohio Day. I’m in the garage with my space heater and a bottle of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

Pre light
This cigar is a long, thin stick finished with a pigtail cap. It has a pale, chocolate wrapper with a pre-draw of sweet cedar.

1 Third
The cigar light easily, and I am immediately presented with flavors of leather and light cocoa. I am also picking up flavors of honey and vanilla. The smoke is aromatic and already enjoyable. The draw is slightly firm, but I have no complaints.

2 Third
The ash is a salt-and-pepper greay and holds well on the end. The flavors are still consistent with vanilla, honey, and toast.

Last third
I am still enjoying the smoke. The flavors are still similar but picking up a bit in intensity. The burn has been fairly even and has corrected itself.

Overall impression:
A mild- to medium-bodied smoke with rich flavors, it makes for a pleasant afternoon smoke making one feel there’s not a care in the world.

Rating:
5/6 smoke rings (a great cigar)

My guess is a Cohiba Lancero. If I made a second guess: Trinidad Fundadore.

99 Monte Especial. Another one I really wish I had more of. Really good sticks.

Crap; I thought I posted the review of cigar #4 from Chris but I guess it didn't. I tried to write it as I smoked it. Damn I was tired Saturday night. I will post my review later.