Bolivar Belicoso Fino, or . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
BBF, yes, the famous BBF exalted by Cuban Cigar smokers the world over, the one that is pointed to as being the epitome of strength and flavor.

WHAAAAAAATTT?!?!?!??? exclaimed the 81,758 bourbonized fans in Jen U. Whine Habano Stadium. You've got to be kidding Bloof, you didn't smoke one of THOSE!!!

Well, I've had it for awhile, and from what I've heard I should have probably avoided it for at least three to five years. For some reason early this afternoon I decided I had the courage to smoke this cigar. This was another gift from a much too kind internet cigar friend and has probably sat in my humidor known as Desk Top III (kind of like Air Force I) for about a year.

After a nice meal and after pouring myself a nice two shot glass of the George T. Stagg 2003 142.7 proof bourbon, for some reason I got it into my head that I could actually smoke this thing without seeing Earnie Shavers before the experience was over. I noticed right away after clipping the cap that it was a tight roll and somewhat plugged near the cap. Despite the fact that the plug slowed the smoking to a tedious two hour and fifteen minute experience, I once again had the mostly positive experience of being reminded that a good Cuban cigar, even those that are somewhat plugged are so full of flavor, rich and complex, that one might search their mind forever to come up with a description of the flavor profile.

Although the experience was marred by a goodly number of puffs that simply didn't project enough smoke into my mouth to get a good taste, there was nonetheless plenty of good smoking in this decidedly Olympic Gold Medal of a cigar. A rich full flavor of brass, lavender and earth tones gave way to sweet, heavy cream with thick earth notes and ending with sweet, delicious creme brulee.

I don't know if the bourbon kept me from getting knocked around the ring by Earnie Shavers or perhaps the incomplete draw, but I'm thankful the experience was mostly flavorful, and not the kind that has me sitting around with a 900 pound head wishing I hadn't done it. Whoever gave me this is thanked profusely. What a great cigar. Hard to get the real thing, but worth it if you ever do. Just make sure you either like Manly Man Cigars or you age it for awhile. I guess a year in my humidor(s) helped.

Still a little girly man I see. I gotta give you credit though. Facing down a BBF and some 150 proof bourbon takes guts.

Mike

Yeah, I gotta admit that's mostly true, I still prefer Girly Man cigars. I guess I'm fortunate it was somewhat plugged.

I like the BBF, if nothing else, saying it reminds me of Bloof. I've had a few of these aging for a few years, having one later. I'll report back.

about 1/2 way through a box and have been trying to slow down.
A great afternoon smoke!
It is a true classic Cuban smoke.
Damn maybe I'll go looking for one!
See what you did :roll: