Bombing in London 8:30 this morning

Joined Aug 2004
2K Posts | 1+
At about 08.30 this morning GMT three buses & at least 1 train station bombed. Obviously designed for the rush hour no details of casualties from the emergency services as yet. With the G8 meeting and result of the Olympics this was obviously an orchestrated event.
My thoughts are with the people involved and their families. We have been here before with the IRA and the Blitz we will not be intimidated by the scum that perpetrated this terrorism.
Very sad!
CC :cry:

I don't know how to feel other then I feel exactly the same way I did when those three planes slammed into their targets on the 11th of September 2001. I have a very very close girlfriend who was supposed to be on one of thos trains in the tube this morning, but just so happened to get up early and made it to work early! It matter none the amount of lives lost, it matters none that we may not be able to see the damage, what matters is that fellow human beings, people from a country that has always stood shoulder to shoulder with our great country now face their 9/11 and we should not compare disasters, but pick them up off the ground, dust them off, and help them get their lives back in line, just as they did for us. God bless these people in their time of need, and I pray for all those families who lost sons, daughters, mothers and fathers today.

Since Eclipse_Man said it better than I ever could...
What he said, particularly this quote....

but pick them up off the ground, dust them off, and help them get their lives back in line, just as they did for us.

The Only Thing That Terrorists Understand Is....

DEATH. You cannot negotiate with these people. The hatred for the US, and Western civilization is so deep and so impassioned, that talking with them is impossible. They are willing to die for their cause, so let's give them what they want. However, let's make them dead, before they can kill the innocent.

Let them die, let them get their 72 virgins. We can all hope that they do get this afterlife. With any luck, there will be 72 mother-in-laws waiting up there as well. And few things are as bad as that.

American can and will stand up with the UK, and eradicate this pest of Islamic Fundmentalism.

:soap:

On behalf of the UK thank you for your kind words. My apologies for being absent for such a long time. I've been fairly busy as you may imagine. I was in Germany out on drills this morning, then at 0855 I was at Kings Cross train station, London.

These dispicable people can kill as many of us as they want. But they will never EVER defeat our spirit, our way of life and the strength that we have to overcome anything they throw at us.

I know you guys are proud to be American and I'm proud to be English. Lets stand together and show them nothing they can do will change our free way of life, and in the end their war and their ambitions will fail.

Here Here Ando!! Good to hear from you! I was wondering how you were. I'd be proud to stand with all of my fellow americans right next to any Brit anytime my friend, anytime any place, I'll bring the Sticks!!!!!! Keep the faith, we will over come. My thoughts and prayers are with you country and your people today..

Take care and give them hell!

Don't worry Ando.
We'll stand with ya.
Religion of peace...my butt! :evil:

Ando, tell everyone you know that we care very much about them, and, we do stand side by side with you against this scum.

I woke up this morning to "The Today Show" and the headline read "Breaking News, Terrorist Attack," and I had a flashback of 9/11. It wasn't until a little while later that they showed the location being London. I'm just glad these cowards weren't able to detonate the other 2 bombs as well.
Ando, glad you're safe...and we are united. Whether we swear an oath to defend our repective nations, or just pay more attention to everyone around us...in the end, we will defeat this scum.

thanks to all our American (and other countires) friends for your thoughts, although I am not in London, I am about 30 miles from the city close to Gatwick Airport the shock waves spread across the whole UK, made more painful after the exciting news about the 2012 Olympics, To think that the poor people who died got up yesterday morning, said good-bye to their loved ones and went to go to work and never came back makes it all very upseting ! Terrorists cannot and will not ever win and the blood of all innocent people killed around the world (new york, Madrid, London and wherever) is on their hands, I am sure we all hope and pray that those who seek to destroy, hurt and kill innocent people for a selfish cause will be flushed out and their reign of terror ended