Cigar Trade Box Pass sign up

Joined Feb 2006
2K Posts | 3+
Kelvin's House
I am hoping to get this pass started the second week of September. It is open to all memeberes in good standing. I am going to limit the number of participants to 15. This is not going to be first come first serve, there will be consideration to those who have participated before and those that make an effort to be part of the board on a regular basis. Please post to this thread if you are interested in participating. PM me with any questions. the rules are below

I agree with the suggestion that you limit the number of players, and try to be sure that each player commits to equity in takes and puts. That is, that he or she commits to ship an inventory at least as enticing as that received.

For those who aren't sure what to expect, here are proposed rules for this box pass.

1. I will fill the box with an initial inventory of 20 cigars. (Some box passes start with more on occasion)

2. I will establish the order of the pass more or less geographically from west to east. The order is subject to change if there are circumstances that require it so the pass is not unnecessarily delayed. Please let me know immediately if you are not going to be available to accept delivery of the box due to a business trip, vacation, emergency or otherwise so I can reroute the box.

3. Each player may take from the box up to 5 cigars of his/her choice and will be expected to replace the “takes” with an equal number of “puts” of approximately the same monetary value as the takes (based on MSRP). However, remember that some sticks may be harder to find and take that into account when determining value.

4. Please ship using USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and insurance or 2nd Day UPS/FedEx with tracking and insurance. If UPS/FedEx does not deliver to your address, please let me know so we can be sure to the package is shipped to you USPS Priority Mail. I will insure the package for $200.00 when I ship it. If the box becomes more valuable than that, please increase the amount of insurance as necessary. Please e-mail or post here the delivery notification number or tracking number to the person to whom you are forwarding the box.

5. Please do NOT under any circumstances add flavored or artificially aromatic cigars to the box (NO LARS, NO ACIDS, NO HAVANA HONEYS, ETC.)

6. It would be bad form to take all the Qban and replace them with non-Qbans.

7. If your puts are not in cellophane, please wrap them in plastic wrap or place them in an individual bag to protect them. There will be extra bags included

8. If necessary, please replace the outer box before sending the box to the next player. I will include a couple humidipaks, if humidification seems to be a problem please address it before sending the box on.

9. I will include a list of the passers in the order they are to receive the box. Please write down your takes and puts on the list and post them on this thread as well.

10. I'll post the starting inventory and the order of pass after all participants are in and the box is ready to start its first leg.

11. If anyone has any suggestions to make this pass more fun, let me know.

12. We are relying on every player to be fair and to avoid unnecessary delays in completing the circuit.

13. Thanks for playing, and most of all, enjoy the smokes and have fun!

14. The rule will be that before the box is sent to the next person they (The next person) will have a to post that they are ready and waiting. New people often fall of the board. It is what makes box passes for newbies so dangerous. If they do not post or have not been posting the box will skip that person and go to the next.

I'm new but I'd like to be considered.

If not, I won't take offense.

(I've shipped out two packages to date *one still in transit*).

Count me in, unless the number wanting to participate gets too high, in which case I will bow out and let someone else have a chance.

I would like to play. I haven't been in a pass before, but I've had a chance to trade with most of the people here. Let me know what you guys think.

I'm out this time. I've been promoted at work and am on call almost 24/7, and working most of the time anyway. I doubt I'd be able to keep the pass going in a timely manner.

New guys, build your reputations! These passes are great fun.

I'd love to....but I'll be deploying in Sept.

Sorry.

When I come back, though...............STAND BY!

I would like to bi also. but if there are too many that want in than I can wait for the next one. Sound like fun to me.

Thank You chris for getting this going,

Rick

8 so far waiting for awnseres from a couple. One change I am going to make is it will be East to West, that way it ends in my neck of the woods

Count me in! I've been wanting to get in on one of these but kept missing the sign ups.

Ok guys so far I have definitly, There are still a couple maybes that I am working on

1 Kelvin
2 Zandor
3 Webesmoked
4 Rmrdaddy
5 Motion123
6 Dbrad4d
7 Hitide
8 Capt
9 Cutter
10 Dejoro

Pm me your addy guys so I can start to get things organised

Cohiba smoker I