Cigar Trade Box Pass sign up

I would love to. Unless, more people want in. Then, I'll opt out to give them the chance.

Thank you so much for doing this Chris! This is going to be fun.

1 Kelvin
2 Zandor
3 Webesmoked
4 Rmrdaddy
5 Motion123
6 Dbrad4d
7 Hitide
8 Capt
9 Cutter
10 Dejoro
11 corojobrad
12 hammondoc
13 Phisherman
14 Brenda

It sure does fill up fast. when sending you shipping info please let me know of any problems that you may know about that would prevent the box from going out.

1 Kelvin
2 Zandor
3 Webesmoked
4 Rmrdaddy
5 Motion123
6 Dbrad4d
7 Hitide
8 Capt
9 Cutter
10 Dejoro
11 corojobrad
12 hammondoc
13 Phisherman
14 Brenda
15 Stickman

I am obviously a new dude here. This sounds fun. Mind if I watch? (That didn't quite sound right). I am not sure, but I think I have a fair quality inventory to participate in a pass, but prefer to see how this goes first. I am may not be in our new house buy then (long story= Builders, Lawyers and breach of contracts...oh my). So I will jump in on the next one.

Question: What is the MSRP range that usually goes in a pass?

What if a stick has a lower MSRP but is considered a 90+? or vise versa?

The MSRP range is usually anywhere between $4-$35. The box passes go by MSRP, not ratings, so if you take a 9 dollar cigar, you should replace it with a 9.00 cigar. Cubans are the same but its also only Cuban for Cuban.

The only time where this may not hold true is in the case of say an Opus X or some other very exclusive cigar. More often than not, these cigars are priced way above their MSRP, so you replace them with a cigar of equal exclusivity.

Thanks.

Is there a recomended place to find what the MSRP would be?

Is there a trusted site or book etc. that is used by everyone here? I imagine Cigar.com is a good place to start.

What if there is a no longer made cigar so the current sites may no longer sell etc.?

How is a per stick price determined? It averages cheaper if you buy a box vs. a per stick purchase or is the msrp more a round figure?

Could a $15 and a $10 stick replace a single $25? I would imagine the box may limit that.

Just a bunch silly questions. I am sorry for so many. Thanks again!

Prof Marvel said:
Thanks.

Is there a recomended place to find what the MSRP would be?

Is there a trusted site or book etc. that is used by everyone here? I imagine Cigar.com is a good place to start.

What if there is a no longer made cigar so the current sites may no longer sell etc.?

How is a per stick price determined? It averages cheaper if you buy a box vs. a per stick purchase or is the msrp more a round figure?

Could a $15 and a $10 stick replace a single $25? I would imagine the box may limit that.

Just a bunch silly questions. I am sorry for so many. Thanks again!

Those are all great questions and i'm looking forward to the answeres myself

ive never been in a box pass and im going to pass on this one but from what i saw in the last one, all you had to do was ask. If the cigar was no longer made and you could not find an MSRP tell them what you want to take and put and someone will know if its ok.

In the last box pass that I put together, our price guidline was cigar.com prices since they list single stick prices and it is a site we all have in common.

If there were cigars that were not list on cigar.com all the participants had to do was post a question on the thread and get the opinion of the other participants.

Of course it's entirely up to the box pass organizer as to the rules he or she establishes and it's their call on any questions.

dbrad4d said:
In the last box pass that I put together, our price guidline was cigar.com prices since they list single stick prices and it is a site we all have in common.

If there were cigars that were not list on cigar.com all the participants had to do was post a question on the thread and get the opinion of the other participants.

Of course it's entirely up to the box pass organizer as to the rules he or she establishes and it's their call on any questions.
\

Sorry, I was not in last night. But we are going to use C.Com as a base for any prices. I think if you bought a box and got a good deal we still need to go by the single price.

Jesse52, I think I can get you in since it looks like the box will already be your way.

Prof Marvel said:

That's kind of tough to do - I may be wrong but I think we tried to stick to cigar for cigar because you would run into depleting all of the super premiums for a quantity of regular premiums.

My 2 cents on this.

Kinda what I figured. I am excited to see how this works. I also hope to join a box pass soon. I can't wait till Sept. for this one to start.

I can see that everyone that posts here seems to be honest enough to make this kind of thing work. We all enjoy this great pleasure we call Cigars.

Ok guys for better or worse here is the final roster. it is 17 people, I am hoping that it will not be a big problem having so many people. let me know what you all think.

1 Kelvin
2 Zandor
3 Webesmoked
4 Rmrdaddy
5 Motion123
6 Dbrad4d
7 Hitide
8 Capt
9 Cutter
10 Dejoro
11 corojobrad
12 hammondoc
13 Phisherman
14 Brenda
15 Stickman
16 Jesse52
17 Chrisgunther

Zandor I still need your address.

Chris, is this going to be a one-way pass or will it reverse after the first time through?

It is up to the group, I don't mind putting it back out. A reverse wont work real well, last time it reversed because there was two boxes, maybe for a second time around it could be random. We can talk about that later.