Cigar Trade Box pass tak split from Bad trader thread

Joined Apr 2005
713 Posts | 0+
CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA!!!!
Kaz,
You shouldn't shy away from a box pass just because you are worried that we will think less of you or think you are stiffing us. Everyone here represent different levels of involvement in the hobby. SOme of us dabble, some of jump in with both feet. Some have rare or hard to find sticks, others have your everyday smoke, but the key and fundamental commonality between us all is that we enjoy smoking cigars, and enjoy discussing different things about the hobby with fellow cigar smokers. If you posted your takes and puts before sending the box on, I think you would find no complaints if you put the best of your inventory to replace something of value. A box pass is a great way to experience cigars you may not buy or get on a regular basis, so, ask the person starting the box pass if they'd mind having you aboard. Knowing this forum, I don't think anyone would! Just the fact that you feel the way you do, speaks volumes about your morals and character! I'd trade a premo stick or 3 for whatever you have anytime Kaz!

Regards,
Paul

thanks for the post cc and Kaz, definatley jump in the box pass. Just by the mere fact that you expressed concern makes you an A+ in my book.

KAZ has been a good guy from way back. Practically a Five Star General on the Coffee & Tea forum. :thumbsup:

Aw Shucks guys, my face is read (could be the 106 degree temp here today) you are all very kind, and, I'm learning from reading your posts. When I got into coffee roasting CastleCrest saved me years of learning curve and even sent me coffee samples and threw in some of his sticks (which is what I will celebrate the 4TH with) so I wanted to send him a package, and, wound up sending some of my sticks and some fresh crop pecans. He was very nice even though the cigar maker was on his **** list. So, I will acquire some stash and hop in on one of the BPs as I enjoy the people on the forum very much. Regards

yep you need to get in the box pic pass since we don't have any texans in the pass yet. The more people the more fun that pass will be.

I was leary of joining in on the box pass too, since I too am relatively new to cigars, but I'm glad I did. I jumped in with both feet and I have not looked back.

Don't like box passes via mail. Would like one in person where I can see the pain and or joy as a person selects.
Malone

:lol:

That's funny Malone....it would be a nice aspect to be able to see!

:lol:

I am new to this site, and smoking cigars altogether. I have aquired quite a few very nice cigars, but dont think that I am able to appriciate them quite yet. My question is, how do you know who to trade with, and how does the trading work?

I'm not sure, but I've heard it through the grapevine that you have to send Big Paintbrush some sticks, and he'll let ya in the club. That is, unless you';re on his "list" which seems to mean he won't accept any sticks from you.

8)

Sticks are always accepted. As a matter of fact, it is the ONLY way to get OFF the list! :)

PM me for my address.

cigar-noob said:
I am new to this site, and smoking cigars altogether. I have aquired quite a few very nice cigars, but dont think that I am able to appriciate them quite yet. My question is, how do you know who to trade with, and how does the trading work?

Most new guys start slow - they stick around for a few weeks/months
then they will jump into the PIF thread - or - ry the trade thread & prove they know how to handle a fair exchange then after people get to knwo you & trust you I am sure you will be able to join the box passes that are here & starting up a new!
CC