Brand that always falls short

Joined Mar 2006
845 Posts | 0+
Michigan
Was curious as to what other peoples opinions are on certain cigar brands that always seem to disappoint. Before I get this thread started I want to stress that this is not a platform for bashing any labels, brands or manufacturers. Thats not my reason for starting this, I am just curious what other people think on this subject.

For me it's Perdomo, I am sure that Nick Perdomo is a talented guy, his products are enjoyed by a lot of people but for myself, they just don't ever grab me. I will admit that I have had some box pressed Perdomo Cameroons I enjoyed but thats about it.

Yours?

Same. I don't think I've ever had a Perdomo I liked. They all had a metallic taste and seemed young. It doesn't make much sense because their products, like everybody else's, use different tobaccos, but it doesn't change my experiences.

Pueblo Dominicano doesn't suit me.

Justin, I'm surprised that Perdomo doesn't "do it" for you; a man that loves White Owls as much as you should like almost anything ...

:D

I am not a big fan of Onyx cigars. The flavors just seems to be grassy and sooty. I'm glad I don't have any of these. This isn't to knock the brand because I know some people may like them. This just isn't the cigar for me.

I will agree with Perdomo, but I have not had a lot of their stuff.

I will say that while I love most CAO products; some fall fairly flat for me; mostly their cameroon stuff. Just not the flavour I like.

Big Paintbrush said:
Justin, I'm surprised that Perdomo doesn't "do it" for you; a man that loves White Owls as much as you should like almost anything ...

:D

I KNOW!! Its crazy and I don't get that either.

There are several Perdomos I dont prefer, but if you have not tried the new Lot 23 then I must highly recommend it. It is unlike anything they have made to date.

Alex, I remember you mentioning those cigars after the RTDA. Will order a couple of those in the next couple of days, can't hurt to try a new smoke.

I have a few of them try that I put in my "must try bag" in my humi. I have heard from others that dislike Perdomo cigars that the Lot 23 is good.

I think the Opus X line is dispointing. If I'm gonna spend that kind of money on a cigar I'll buy a Padron 64 or 26.

I do like the Power Rangers though....Still over priced for what they are.

Perdomo cigars have always been a strange bird.
They really need to be stored at the right RH or they don't taste right. Alex and I were talking about this very thing the other day.
I think they only smoke well at a very low RH. (54%)
I can't imagine owning a humidor for just one brand.
I haven't smoked the new 23 yet, so I can't say.

For me? I have never enjoyed Punch. Most I have smoked had terrible burn issues, and had a very salty finish. Although, I do keep a box on hand for the holidays and people stopping by. Punch is well known and enjoyed by many cigars smokers, just not this one.

I will have to add CAO to this list. Probably the only one that I have had that stood out was the mx2. Recently I tried the Criollo, in my opinion, at or just above average. I've tried most of their line and my uncle is an avid Italia smoker...just not for me.

I am not a Big Punch fan but do like the Cojrho ( or how ever you spell it ) I like the taste of the Prodomo line but have issues with the burn, seams like none of them burn with the acutity of an Opus but I still like the tatse , there isnt a line that i dont care for at all other than Helix , or any Flavored stick, How ever I do enjoy an Avanti at times , just not all that often, over the years I think I might have smoked just about everything out there at one time or an other, but with all the new stuff comming out all the time I just dont have the time to try them all with out forsaking one that I like for a new one , so I limit myself to just a few New cigars a weektoday I will be firing up my First ESG from Ashton, & I love the VSG so I will be paying close attention to this new one for me , next up will be a Camacho Select, one of my favorite Sunday afternoon smokes , time to push the press on the coffee pot & pour the single malt !

Enjoy, Vince

i think id have to go with the pueblo dominicano. I have had a few of these and they are OK but it just seems like there should be more to it.

maybe the series II will bring something more to the table

iminaquagmire, It is funny you say your thoughts on Perdomo like that as I think I have not had a Perdomo I didn't like.

I'll probably be shot for this, but I think the Rocky Patel are over rated. The 1990 is about the only one I sort of like. I do have a REO in my humidor that I have not tried.

Martin

Blasphemy! :lol: Smoke what you like. But I have yet to find a RP I don't like. I didn't like the 1992 at all, but after giving it another chance, I do now. I still prefer the 90 but don't hate 1992 anymore.