Bushmills, Black Bush, un Oder Schmuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2004
1,388
0
Dillingham, Alaska
#1
Rene440,
?????

Were you offerring some strong spirits? If so, I'll have some
Black Bush or other fine irish whiskey, if'n ya don't mind...

:D :D :D
--BushRat--
 
Dec 15, 2005
25
0
Texas
#2
BushRat said:
Rene440,
?????

Were you offerring some strong spirits? If so, I'll have some
Black Bush or other fine irish whiskey, if'n ya don't mind...

:D :D :D
--BushRat--

Ah. Diplomacy in action. Sweet.

Black Bush? You drink that young stuff? No, sorry. Only Bushmills 18 served here.

I might be talked into going for a bottle of Lagavulin 16 if you drive (or because you simply *must* have your 8 year old stuff . . .)(':cop:')

<pouring myself another cup of coffee "with">
 
Oct 10, 2004
1,388
0
Dillingham, Alaska
#3
Rene,
Due to circumstances beyond my control, the local liquor store is NOT the place for the connesieur of fine wines and spirits. Black Bush would be as good as it gets, and even then it is a rare day to see a single bottle gracing the shelf.
Howemsoever, if you have a primitive palate (and an equally strong constitution) you might like the selection of "injun" whiskey they stock in abundance.
Unfortunately, "hootch" is consumed far too quickly and in too great of quantities for anyone to develope a discriminating taste among many of the locals. They will never know what they are missing...

--BushRat--
 
Dec 15, 2005
25
0
Texas
#4
BushRat said:
Rene,
Due to circumstances beyond my control, the local liquor store is NOT the place for the connesieur of fine wines and spirits. Black Bush would be as good as it gets, and even then it is a rare day to see a single bottle gracing the shelf.
Howemsoever, if you have a primitive palate (and an equally strong constitution) you might like the selection of "injun" whiskey they stock in abundance.
Unfortunately, "hootch" is consumed far too quickly and in too great of quantities for anyone to develope a discriminating taste among many of the locals. They will never know what they are missing...

--BushRat--
Mmm. Either you come Outside and play, or I go back to Anchorage and bum a ride Southwest off a drunk FBR pilot at Gwennie's with a care package in hand. I gotta think this one through. Either way we handle it, we gots the Reciprocity thang goin' fer us though an' that's good.

I don't think I could take any more of the local brew. Last time I did, I ended up playing the wedding of the president of the local chapter of the Red & White in Anchorage (some medium sized pool hall & club in the Spennard district, NOT the Fly-By-Night). I remember little of the event, but they paid and tipped me an incredible amount of money. I woke up 1K richer and I lost a lotta weight that morning "giving back" from the night before.

Btw, ain't diplomacy a gas? Beats the Hell outta AK's Terminal Dust. I used to watch it creep down the mountains and push Moose to the trash bin cafes. Winter would do what it did and then the ice would finally crack. Recycle. Summer up there makes one forget winter. Winter makes one forget summer. Repeat.
 
Oct 10, 2004
1,388
0
Dillingham, Alaska
#5
Rene,
Well, I'll be danged...Nobody's mentioned Gwennie's to me in a long time, nor the Sins & Perils of the Spenard district.
Those wilder days are long gone~~~like getting thrown out of the Montana Club AND the Scandanavian Club all in one night's work. Of course, that's when 4th Ave was in its prime (and before Tony Knowles went on his crusader binge to clean it up).
Nah~I ain't that way no more (fortunately). Getting old enough to wish for more summer and less winter and, of course, demanding a higher caliber libation than that the rotgut hootch that's so popular...
But, if you will, tip one for me and make a toast to the North. Its always a pleasure to hear from former AK'ers!

--BushRat--
 
Dec 15, 2005
25
0
Texas
#6
BushRat said:
Rene,
Well, I'll be danged...Nobody's mentioned Gwennie's to me in a long time, nor the Sins & Perils of the Spenard district.
Those wilder days are long gone~~~like getting thrown out of the Montana Club AND the Scandanavian Club all in one night's work. Of course, that's when 4th Ave was in its prime (and before Tony Knowles went on his crusader binge to clean it up).
Nah~I ain't that way no more (fortunately). Getting old enough to wish for more summer and less winter and, of course, demanding a higher caliber libation than that the rotgut hootch that's so popular...
But, if you will, tip one for me and make a toast to the North. Its always a pleasure to hear from former AK'ers!

--BushRat--
Make you a deal there Danged: You get Outside, you come and visit. I get back in, we R&R the strip for a night and try to remember to tip the cabbie. If we end up in Talkeetna by accident, I promise I won't dare us to stage an assault on Denali without some serious help. <hehehe . . . dialing friendly climber buds and setting you up> Where was I ?? Oh, yeah -- deal?

In the meantime, I'm tippin' one up for you from the Macallans 18.

Salute !
 
Oct 10, 2004
1,388
0
Dillingham, Alaska
#8
Sorry there, Casual!
When somebody mushes down the trail to your cabin, it is only proper to offer them their choice of libations...THEN the talk of politics can resume!

--BushRat--
 
Dec 15, 2005
25
0
Texas
#9
BushRat said:
Sorry there, Casual!
When somebody mushes down the trail to your cabin, it is only proper to offer them their choice of libations...THEN the talk of politics can resume!

--BushRat--
What he said!
 
Sep 27, 2003
8,798
0
Puerto Rico/NYC
#10
Okay, since we're talking neither politics or booze here, I'm locking this thread. These posts weren't originally my responsibility, they were moved here because a political discussion appeared to get deep into booze. It's now gotten deep into the realm of The Planet Irrelevant, and this thread is now being banished to The Frigid Portion of the galaxy where that celestial body is located. All interested posters can now either go back to the political discussions, or stay here and talk booze.

And as long as you're interested, and have something cool, knowledgeable, or even funny to say, we'd like to have you here. It's a bit thin over here on the Spiritus Fermenti forum, and we're interested in having some more substantive discussions around here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads