Buying Cigars Online

Joined Aug 2005
2K Posts | 0+
Gahanna, OH
I was just wondering what people's experiences have been buying cigars online. One of my concerns is the price discrepancies from one company to the other. For example, I purchased a box of Cohiba Corona Minors from JR Cigars for $98. On the Thompson Cigar website a box of the same cigars was retailing for $185. Should I be wary of counterfeiting? Both of these sites seem very reputable.

Chris,

First of all, welcome to the Forum.

As with all things, you will find prices vary from store to store. JR's has a very reputable business, and the prices are cheaper than most. They also ship out on most orders the same day. Shipping costs do not cost that much also.

If I can give you any good advice, this would be it. Do not order from Thompson.com. They will be calling you once a week to get you into their point system, and hastling you. I prefer not to deal with them at all. I ordered from them last year and had to send everything back!

Some websites have sales on certain cigars that will be cheaper one week, and other website might have them cheaper another.

Some of the better websites to order from are Cigar.com, Cigars International, Famous Smoke Shop, or JR's. If you could get to know a Customer Service Rep at one of these places, it'll be better for you; Someone who knows your preferences, and will let you know when the specials are going on.

Most members of this forum post when a certain place is having a sale on some items, so you will get valuable information from the forum.

Cigar smokers like choice and there is alot out there.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum once again.

Scott

i order from cigar.com almost exclusively, im big on business loyalty, sure i might be able to get stuff a little cheaper at another place but cigar.com always gets my order out same day and the humi pack in individual cigars is awsome.

JR's isn't bad, cigar.com I think is better. When dealing with a lot of the more reputable sites you don't have much to worry about. I don't think with "domestic" cigars you have to worry much about counterfeiting. I could be wrong, happened once before. What you might gather from this thread though is stay away from Thompsons. They will eventually screw you, not to mention most their cigars leave a lot to be desired. Welocome to the forum.

thompsom, CI, been using cigar.com and happy with them, joined the cigar of the month and got some good ones