Cabinet question

Joined Apr 2006
153 Posts | 0+
Michigan
Anyone have one of these:

http://www.tampahumidor.com/sitedirecto ... B5B29D1323

I am seriously thinking about getting one for Christmas, but I wanted some feedback. Does it hold humidity well?

Also, I am not really on a budget right now where I will be able to go out and buy a bunch of boxes of cigars to fill the thing right away. I will definitely be able to buy a couple here and there. Do you think it is likely that it will maintain humidity well with only a couple of boxes in it while I work on building up my stash over time? Or should I just wait until I can afford to fill it up right away before I buy something like this?

feel free to buy it now. just know it will have a harder time holding RH.

Cigar oasis should help and if you are still worried get some beads to suplament.

Or just use your old and empty boxes to fill the space until you can snag some full boxes. (I do this all the time when I smoke too quickly for my own good and create gaps in the collection :D )

I believe that's the one DD has. He won't be chiming in, but I know he liked his after he got a good seal on the door.

It looks very similar to Cohibasmoker's, Cigarsmoka's, and Alex's, but I'm not sure. Maybe they'll chime in.

That is the one DD had, he had to put weather stripping on it if I am Not mistaken. After that I think it worked well.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I actually managed to dig up the thread about DD's cabinet after it was mentioned and it is the same one. I guess I am a little concerned about the trouble he had with the seal and the fact that I will be slow and steady filling it up instead of being able to do it right away. Maybe I should just go with a cooledor until I accumulate enough boxes? Something to think about I guess...thanks again for your thoughts.

Bigcat said:
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I actually managed to dig up the thread about DD's cabinet after it was mentioned and it is the same one. I guess I am a little concerned about the trouble he had with the seal and the fact that I will be slow and steady filling it up instead of being able to do it right away. Maybe I should just go with a cooledor until I accumulate enough boxes? Something to think about I guess...thanks again for your thoughts.

Can you direct to me to this thread?

Here you go:

http://cigar.ambackforum.com/viewtopic. ... ing#309038

Chris, how much did you pay for your fridge and how many boxes can it hold? And will that do a better job of holding the humidity steady while I add to it slowly? Any major work needed to set it up? I remember seeing pictures of quag's, and I don't have even a drop of that kind of talent.

That's a nice looking one too...plus they are selling the Oasis Plus for 80 bucks.

it looks very similar to mine, I love mine and it has a great seal....it is aging my cigars extremely well. My only drawback with it is that it is too small for me :roll:

Bigcat said:
Here you go:

http://cigar.ambackforum.com/viewtopic. ... ing#309038

Chris, how much did you pay for your fridge and how many boxes can it hold? And will that do a better job of holding the humidity steady while I add to it slowly? Any major work needed to set it up? I remember seeing pictures of quag's, and I don't have even a drop of that kind of talent.

Not Chris but I think he bought from the same place I did. With shipping I paid 215. I think it would hold humidity better than a wood humi. It doesn't breathe RH out like a wood humi and in the heat of the summer, keeps your stash cool. As far as capacity, depending on the size of the box, mine would hold 8-12 boxes.

BTW, Thanks for the compliment.

I still have two shelves in mine and I think that if I packed it right I could get 15 boxes in but it would be tight. There is a site on Ebay that sells them with dents, everything works fine but the outside is dented, they don't have any listed right now but it is around 99-120 plus shipping. I love mine. I really want a temp controlled cabinet but this will work till I can afford it. I would always recommend the fridge to anybody that asked.

+1 on the Fridgeador!
Chris Wangled and Cajoled me into getting one, and now I have only 4 measley boxes "resting". Looks like I need a 2nd job!

iminaquagmire said:
BTW, Thanks for the compliment.

You're welcome. That is an impressive finished product. Thanks for the info too.

Chris and everyone else, thanks for your input. I think I'll keep my eyes peeled on that ebay site. I know I need bigger storage. As good as it has been to me, my 150 ct. is just not doing it for me anymore.