Calgary to ban smoking outdoors...

after satnding around at Lake Louise this weekend while the CJAY 92 Kokanee freeride bus riders smoked the whole day on the outdoor patio and walking in Banff while people smoked all along the sidewalks
i'm all for it, i have to leave the city to shoot because of noise (and other) bylaws so smoke in your house or car....

Then they better ban offensive body odor in public as well. And don't tell me body odor is not bad for your health. Someone smells like pit juice, I puke!, guy walks by and slips in puke, cracks his head open. Offensive body odor is bad for your health....go stink up your own house.

Above not intended to deny anyones entitlement to an opinion!

LOL...Good one. I live in Cental Jersey, we can still tell the difference. For how long is another matter.

Just a reminder folks......the rules of this section....

New Sub-Forum - Smoking Ordinances/Bans
Since this is a hot topic right now with all of the laws being proposed and some passed - we have started up a new Sub-Forum for this subject.

Please feel free to post articles here - but also, NO HEATED DEBATES. or debates of any kind for that matter! This area is for Information only! Any debate(s) or off topic posts will be pulled and the offending member reprimanded.

I will add FLAMING to these rules.

Please read the rules before you post here.

I'd favor a ban on public smoking: On sidewalks, park benches, at tables sitting on sidewalks, bus stops, etc.

If you're out in the wilderness you can smoke, but tossing the butt is unlawful.

-- And yeah, I smoke. But I understand that it's a nasty, invasive, stinking habit and that others around me have the right to fresh, unpolluted air.

Since the state ban on indoor smoking, smokers tend to gather in doorways. So there's the smoke cloud to negotiate when entering a building.

And I like to sit on a public park bench without being gassed.

im not a mod. but, this convo may want to stop.

Kelvin said:
NO HEATED DEBATES. or debates of any kind for that matter! This area is for Information only! Any debate(s) or off topic posts will be pulled and the offending member reprimanded.

there is a debate section elsewhere on AmBack.
i too want to debate here, but i also want to follow the rules.