Camacho 1962 Pre-Embargo

Joined Dec 2006
629 Posts | 0+
CT
This is my first time rating a Cigar , so I hope you'll be gentle with me. Since this is a fairly expensive cigar, I thought I should wait for a "special occasion". Well last night, my wife called me on my way home from work and let me know that both boys were sleeping over a friends house and she was taking the girls out to eat and then to a movie. Since this seems to never happen, where I am home alone for a few hours- I thought this qualified. "Sweet Freedom 'tis Mine." At least for a few hours.
The Setting: My front porch, Sox game on the radio(they lost), perfect temperature- about 70 with a slight breeze - Perfect. As usual, my Golden Retriever, Shelby, at my feet.
I decided to only have a glass of water to pair with this cigar.
Inspection - beautiully rolled corojo wrapper with a small pigtail on the cap. The foot is unfinished and the tobacco resembled dried red clay. I also liked the band- fairly classy looking.
I decided to use my cigar scissors for cutting the cap on this cigar. The pre-light aroma was nice- earthy smells- cedar came through the most.
I lit this with my Colibri lighter. The first few puffs were spicy- a light pepper flavor which quickly turned over to some wonderful earthy flavors. Ash is beautiful and the burn, just a touch uneven at about 1" in, but quicky evened out and perfect thereafeter. Just the right amount of smoke in the mouth, draw after draw.
At about 1/3, the flavors seemed to change and I could taste some nutty flavors and then I believe, a touch of annisette.
At about 2/3 , the flavors changed again and I definitely noticed a cooler, coco and/or coffee taste. The cigar never got hot and the cool taste remained until I nubbed this sucker out. There were some other flavors that came through the cigar at times, but I don't have the pallette yet to determine them. Never had to relight and the smoke is medium bodied and produced some wonderful, aromatic plumes of smoke.
What great way to spend a few hours. There's a reason that God put tobacco on earth - For man to make great cigars and for us to enjoy their work.

Flagman gives this cigar 2 thumbs up - Way up!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is an excellent review, I almost felt like I was smoking it with you!!

Good job!!